CASSELMAN KNIVES

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in Europe.
JoeBob441

CASSELMAN KNIVES

Post by JoeBob441 »

I received a knife from my union as a gift. It is a Casselman Knife. I was told it was made in the USA, but it sure does not look like it. The tang stamp is "Casselman" and the reverse is "STAINLESS STEEL". The bolsters look like China to me. The scales are not well fitted and it grinds when opened or closed.

I sure would like to know the truth of where it was made or who is actually making them.

Joe Bob
americanedgetech

Re: CASSELMAN KNIVES

Post by americanedgetech »

Just a guess but is your union local etched or printed on the handle?

I see only two designs for this knife on several sites, and the majority of them are used Ad knives with whatever printed on the stainless part of the handle.
Some of the listings are claiming German origin, and the vast majority state "Unknown" for origin. Some have Rostfrei on the blade, and some have Stainless so the guess is China.

FleaBay has a boat load of them... for all about the same price. inexpensive.
Ken Mc.

WTB Kershaw 2120 MACHO Lockback Parts knife
I need a pile side scale. THX!
JoeBob441

Re: CASSELMAN KNIVES

Post by JoeBob441 »

Thank you. I had an argument with another member and told him it was not made union or in the USA. I did not get back to check for an answer to my question after the first week. I was afraid to find out. I belong to a Steamfitters LU and the General Office is selling these as made in USA.

Thanks again.

Joe

Return to “European-made knives”