Wayne Japan ?

This place is specifically allocated for discussing and showing off those knives from areas of the world other than the United States.
User avatar
TPK
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Posts: 5832
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:16 pm
Location: Bayern, Germany

Re: Wayne Japan ?

Post by TPK » Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:18 pm

Unfortunately, this is not my knife.

I tried to buy this beautiful 2 3/4" "Wayne 106" with long match strike pull & horn handles yesterday but unfortunately someone overbid me. ::doh:: :(
Wish I would have bid more on it but I let it get away from me. ::dang::

Anyways, I liked it so much and because they seem to be a bit rare, I thought I would add the pictures of it to this old thread for future reference. ::tu::
Attachments
s-l1600 - 2021-01-11T212947.596.jpg
s-l1600 - 2021-01-11T212931.751.jpg
s-l1600 - 2021-01-11T212919.701.jpg
s-l1600 - 2021-01-11T212858.692.jpg
YF,
TOM :D


"Daydreaming" about Tadpoles, Purina's, "72's", EO's & 62042's and a few really good friends! ::tu::

"You can't give Rednecks money!" LOL! :lol:

Nephilim
Posts: 75
Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:45 am

Re: Wayne Japan ?

Post by Nephilim » Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:05 am

zed6309 wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:19 am
Will do mate but sadly I'm in the uk so ebays a no no :( think this will be my only Wayne :( but it's a nice one and a good uk legal carry so will see alot of carry ::tu:: Oh fact I'm carrying it on tonight's shift ::tu:: 20171031_212520.jpg
Ebay's ban on UK knife sales is a pain. However, there are some Brits selling vintage knives on Etsy.

User avatar
zed6309
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Posts: 2107
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:07 am
Location: poole,dorset,uk

Re: Wayne Japan ?

Post by zed6309 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:08 am

Nephilim wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:05 am
zed6309 wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:19 am
Will do mate but sadly I'm in the uk so ebays a no no :( think this will be my only Wayne :( but it's a nice one and a good uk legal carry so will see alot of carry ::tu:: Oh fact I'm carrying it on tonight's shift ::tu:: 20171031_212520.jpg
Ebay's ban on UK knife sales is a pain. However, there are some Brits selling vintage knives on Etsy.
👍 I do keep my eye on etsy , sadly most are over priced for what they are or very worn , but you do get the odd nice one pop up ::tu::
Paul,

friendship is a rare and precious gift,
A day without a pocket knife is the day your need it,

knife7knut
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Posts: 9399
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:02 pm
Location: Tecumseh,Michigan

Re: Wayne Japan ?

Post by knife7knut » Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:44 am

Here is one
Attachments
WayneStainlessJapan.JPG
WayneStainlessJapanTangStamp.JPG
Adventure BEFORE Dementia!

User avatar
TPK
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Posts: 5832
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:16 pm
Location: Bayern, Germany

Re: Wayne Japan ?

Post by TPK » Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:04 am

knife7knut wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:44 am
Here is one
Very classy looking knife! ::tu:: :D What do you think of the quality of it? ::shrug:: Spring/Snap & Fit & Finish good? They sure do look nice on pictures. ::nod::

The one I posted pictures of above is now back up for sale by the same exact seller. ::hmm:: I bid €31 the last time and it supposedly sold for €32. Now the same seller is selling the same knife with the same pictures. ::hmm:: Seems a bit fishy. ::nod:: I may bid on it again anyways because I really like it though. ::dang:: Still have a few days time to think about it. ::hmm::
YF,
TOM :D


"Daydreaming" about Tadpoles, Purina's, "72's", EO's & 62042's and a few really good friends! ::tu::

"You can't give Rednecks money!" LOL! :lol:

knife7knut
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Posts: 9399
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:02 pm
Location: Tecumseh,Michigan

Re: Wayne Japan ?

Post by knife7knut » Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:58 pm

TPK wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:04 am
knife7knut wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:44 am
Here is one
Very classy looking knife! ::tu:: :D What do you think of the quality of it? ::shrug:: Spring/Snap & Fit & Finish good? They sure do look nice on pictures. ::nod::

The one I posted pictures of above is now back up for sale by the same exact seller. ::hmm:: I bid €31 the last time and it supposedly sold for €32. Now the same seller is selling the same knife with the same pictures. ::hmm:: Seems a bit fishy. ::nod:: I may bid on it again anyways because I really like it though. ::dang:: Still have a few days time to think about it. ::hmm::
All of the above. A really nice little knife.
Adventure BEFORE Dementia!

User avatar
TPK
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Posts: 5832
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:16 pm
Location: Bayern, Germany

Re: Wayne Japan ?

Post by TPK » Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:10 pm

knife7knut wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:58 pm
TPK wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:04 am
knife7knut wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:44 am
Here is one
Very classy looking knife! ::tu:: :D What do you think of the quality of it? ::shrug:: Spring/Snap & Fit & Finish good? They sure do look nice on pictures. ::nod::

The one I posted pictures of above is now back up for sale by the same exact seller. ::hmm:: I bid €31 the last time and it supposedly sold for €32. Now the same seller is selling the same knife with the same pictures. ::hmm:: Seems a bit fishy. ::nod:: I may bid on it again anyways because I really like it though. ::dang:: Still have a few days time to think about it. ::hmm::
All of the above. A really nice little knife.
Thanks for the Info! Appreciate it! ::nod:: ::handshake::
YF,
TOM :D


"Daydreaming" about Tadpoles, Purina's, "72's", EO's & 62042's and a few really good friends! ::tu::

"You can't give Rednecks money!" LOL! :lol:

User avatar
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Posts: 2062
Joined: Wed May 20, 2020 12:09 am
Location: Smack dab in the middle of Canada

Re: Wayne Japan ?

Post by Madmarco » Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:25 pm

TPK wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:04 am
knife7knut wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:44 am
Here is one
Very classy looking knife! ::tu:: :D What do you think of the quality of it? ::shrug:: Spring/Snap & Fit & Finish good? They sure do look nice on pictures. ::nod::

The one I posted pictures of above is now back up for sale by the same exact seller. ::hmm:: I bid €31 the last time and it supposedly sold for €32. Now the same seller is selling the same knife with the same pictures. ::hmm:: Seems a bit fishy. ::nod:: I may bid on it again anyways because I really like it though. ::dang:: Still have a few days time to think about it. ::hmm::
Tom! It could be a case of the winning bidder not being able to pay, or...? ::shrug:: Good luck if you decide to bid again! ::handshake:: 8)
8)

User avatar
TPK
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Posts: 5832
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:16 pm
Location: Bayern, Germany

Re: Wayne Japan ?

Post by TPK » Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:46 am

Madmarco wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:25 pm
TPK wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:04 am
knife7knut wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:44 am
Here is one
Very classy looking knife! ::tu:: :D What do you think of the quality of it? ::shrug:: Spring/Snap & Fit & Finish good? They sure do look nice on pictures. ::nod::

The one I posted pictures of above is now back up for sale by the same exact seller. ::hmm:: I bid €31 the last time and it supposedly sold for €32. Now the same seller is selling the same knife with the same pictures. ::hmm:: Seems a bit fishy. ::nod:: I may bid on it again anyways because I really like it though. ::dang:: Still have a few days time to think about it. ::hmm::
Tom! It could be a case of the winning bidder not being able to pay, or...? ::shrug:: Good luck if you decide to bid again! ::handshake:: 8)
::hmm:: That could be a thought I didn't think of. ::hmm:: I thought it was a seller with two accounts biding his stuff up. You could be right though. It could be both ways. Seeing it your way is a helpful point of view. Yes, I will now bid on it again. Thanks! ::handshake:: ::super_happy::
YF,
TOM :D


"Daydreaming" about Tadpoles, Purina's, "72's", EO's & 62042's and a few really good friends! ::tu::

"You can't give Rednecks money!" LOL! :lol:

kootenay joe
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Posts: 12278
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:36 pm
Location: West Kootenays, B.C.

Re: Wayne Japan ?

Post by kootenay joe » Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:36 am

I have owned 2 "Wayne/Japan" knives, serpentine jacks ~ 3 3/8". There is nothing special about them. They are similar to the 'regular' Parker Japan knives, e.g. decent, blade edges not truly sharp, useable inexpensive knife.
I got the Wayne knives from ebay maybe 10-12 years ago for very little money because almost no one bid for them.
I see 31 Br. Pounds as at least double actual value applying market values of 10+ years ago. Value may have changed but they still are a basic Japan 1980's (?) pocket knife.
Today's low cost China knives, like Rough Rider are better made knives.
kj

User avatar
TPK
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Posts: 5832
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:16 pm
Location: Bayern, Germany

Re: Wayne Japan ?

Post by TPK » Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:36 am

kootenay joe wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:36 am
I have owned 2 "Wayne/Japan" knives, serpentine jacks ~ 3 3/8". There is nothing special about them. They are similar to the 'regular' Parker Japan knives, e.g. decent, blade edges not truly sharp, useable inexpensive knife.
I got the Wayne knives from ebay maybe 10-12 years ago for very little money because almost no one bid for them.
I see 31 Br. Pounds as at least double actual value applying market values of 10+ years ago. Value may have changed but they still are a basic Japan 1980's (?) pocket knife.
Today's low cost China knives, like Rough Rider are better made knives.
kj
Hi kj,

€31 Euros is about $37 US Dollars. Of course this fluctuates. I appreciate your honest opinion as I like to compare the prices of knives in different countries which is why I often post what I pay for things. ::tu::

After two years of collecting knives I have learned a lot about my own personal "taste". Two years ago I was totally lost in this area. I have also become a good feeling about what will show up on German Ebay and what will not show up very often. What is hard to get or easyer to get.

Here are some of the observations I have made and some of the conclusions I have come to. Of course two years is not an extreamly long period of time so I may need to correct my conclusions over time but just to give you an idea of the market here in Germany. ::tu::

Untill now, I have only found one online Shop that is compareable to the US. If anyone wishes to look, I will add a link for it here. It being the only good Shop I have found, there are not many "SUPER!" sales there.
https://www.knivesandtools.de/?gclid=Cj ... IsQAvD_BwE

Other than that, we just have the Bay. Almost everything I can compare to the US, like new RR or Case knives (limited selection), is a little more expensive here than if I buy it in the US but only if I ignore the cost of shipping it from the US over here.

When it comes to used knives the 1 on 1 comparison becomes even more complicated. Different carry laws create different supply and demand. Plus, fluctuating exchange courses also come into play. Some knife brands are rare while others are extreamly rare. US brand knives are rare and used US knives are extreamly rare. Curiously though, I have managed to pick up three Schrades at acceptable prices. ::hmm::

Used, Stag handled folders bring big bucks. Not too hard to find but they usually sell for more than I am willing to pay for them. Bone and horn handles can also be found. Sometimes at ok prices. ::hmm:: ::tu::

SS Gentlemen's knives are abundant. Some cheap & some not so cheap, depending on the brand.

Victorinox Swiss knives are abundant. Prices seem ok. And they do seem to hold or gain in value if kept new & unused. ::hmm::

Puma knives bring big bucks! So do Remington knives. ::hmm::

German made "Bökers" can be found at average prices & values. American "Bokers" on the other hand, are very rare. ::nod::

Larger fixed blade knives are abundant but can only be carried by Hunters when they go hunting. Getting a hunting licence is very hard and expensive. Hunters usually come from a "higher class" as far as money goes so some fixed blades bring big bucks because the Hunters have enough money. While other nice fixed blades sell cheap because of lower demand. (Carry laws) Smaller fixed blades may be carried on certain occasions, (as part of a "costume" like for Octoberfest) but nobody really does. Or only very few do. ::hmm::

I'm getting tired of writing so I'll shut up now. Hope you enjoyed this post if you made it this far. ::handshake:: ::super_happy::
YF,
TOM :D


"Daydreaming" about Tadpoles, Purina's, "72's", EO's & 62042's and a few really good friends! ::tu::

"You can't give Rednecks money!" LOL! :lol:

User avatar
TPK
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Posts: 5832
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:16 pm
Location: Bayern, Germany

Re: Wayne Japan ?

Post by TPK » Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:22 pm

And..., Wayne is my second name. One more reason why I like it. ::nod:: :mrgreen:
YF,
TOM :D


"Daydreaming" about Tadpoles, Purina's, "72's", EO's & 62042's and a few really good friends! ::tu::

"You can't give Rednecks money!" LOL! :lol:

User avatar
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Posts: 2062
Joined: Wed May 20, 2020 12:09 am
Location: Smack dab in the middle of Canada

Re: Wayne Japan ?

Post by Madmarco » Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:42 pm

TPK wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:36 am
kootenay joe wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:36 am
I have owned 2 "Wayne/Japan" knives, serpentine jacks ~ 3 3/8". There is nothing special about them. They are similar to the 'regular' Parker Japan knives, e.g. decent, blade edges not truly sharp, useable inexpensive knife.
I got the Wayne knives from ebay maybe 10-12 years ago for very little money because almost no one bid for them.
I see 31 Br. Pounds as at least double actual value applying market values of 10+ years ago. Value may have changed but they still are a basic Japan 1980's (?) pocket knife.
Today's low cost China knives, like Rough Rider are better made knives.
kj
Hi kj,

€31 Euros is about $37 US Dollars. Of course this fluctuates. I appreciate your honest opinion as I like to compare the prices of knives in different countries which is why I often post what I pay for things. ::tu::

After two years of collecting knives I have learned a lot about my own personal "taste". Two years ago I was totally lost in this area. I have also become a good feeling about what will show up on German Ebay and what will not show up very often. What is hard to get or easyer to get.

Here are some of the observations I have made and some of the conclusions I have come to. Of course two years is not an extreamly long period of time so I may need to correct my conclusions over time but just to give you an idea of the market here in Germany. ::tu::

Untill now, I have only found one online Shop that is compareable to the US. If anyone wishes to look, I will add a link for it here. It being the only good Shop I have found, there are not many "SUPER!" sales there.
https://www.knivesandtools.de/?gclid=Cj ... IsQAvD_BwE

Other than that, we just have the Bay. Almost everything I can compare to the US, like new RR or Case knives (limited selection), is a little more expensive here than if I buy it in the US but only if I ignore the cost of shipping it over here.

When it comes to used knives the 1 on 1 comparison becomes even more complicated. Different carry laws create different supply and demand. Plus, fluctuating exchange courses also come into play. Some knife brands are rare while others are extreamly rare. US brand knives are rare and used US knives are extreamly rare. Curiously though, I have managed to pick up three Schrades at acceptable prices. ::hmm::

Used, Stag handled folders bring big bucks. Not too hard to find but they usually sell for more than I am willing to pay for them. Bone and horn handles can also be found. Sometimes at ok prices. ::hmm:: ::tu::

SS Gentlemen's knives are abundant. Some cheap & some not so cheap, depending on the brand.

Victorinox Swiss knives are abundant. Prices seem ok. And they do seem to hold or gain in value if kept new & unused. ::hmm::

Puma knives bring big bucks! So do Remington knives. ::hmm::

German made "Bökers" can be found at average prices & values. American "Bokers" on the other hand, are very rare. ::nod::

Larger fixed blade knives are abundant but can only be carried by Hunters when they go hunting. Getting a hunting licence is very hard and expensive. Hunters usually come from a "higher class" as far as money goes so some fixed blades bring big bucks because the Hunters have enough money. While other nice fixed blades sell cheap because of lower demand. (Carry laws) Smaller fixed blades may be carried on certain occasions, (as part of a "costume" like for Octoberfest) but nobody really does. Or only very few do. ::hmm::

I'm getting tired of writing so I'll shut up now. Hope you enjoyed this post if you made it this far. ::handshake:: ::super_happy::
I made it through the your entire post Tom and enjoyed every bit of it! ::handshake:: It's very cool to hear some of the trials and tribulations others have to go through to add to their collections. I live in Canada so I know how tough it can be to acquire exactly what I want without a lot of BS involved. Power to you! Keep on knife'n! Mark! 8)
8)

User avatar
TPK
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Posts: 5832
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:16 pm
Location: Bayern, Germany

Re: Wayne Japan ?

Post by TPK » Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:46 pm

Thanks Mark! ::handshake:: :D
YF,
TOM :D


"Daydreaming" about Tadpoles, Purina's, "72's", EO's & 62042's and a few really good friends! ::tu::

"You can't give Rednecks money!" LOL! :lol:

doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Posts: 12259
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:35 am
Location: Grand Prairie, Texas

Re: Wayne Japan ?

Post by doglegg » Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:31 pm

Thanks for the explanation Tom. It certainly changes the focus of your acquiring ::nod:: .

Post Reply

Return to “European And Other Foreign Manufactured Knives”