Valor 1700 B- Buck Clone by Ichiro Hattori, Seki, Japan

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in Europe.
onehikes

Valor 1700 B- Buck Clone by Ichiro Hattori, Seki, Japan

Post by onehikes »

Valor Corporation of Miami Florida existed from the late 1960s until the early 1990s. In it’s time, it was a prominent seller of low cost firearms, ammunition, firearms related accessories and a large importer of knives from various Seki makers. While Valor’s knives covered a wide range of types, a few models were of high quality and stood out. Valor’s copy of the Gerber Mark II dagger, as well as the leather handled 373 were adopted as official knives of two separate US Army Special Forces units.

Information and photos from Hattori Collector website.
Valor marketed some models made for them by Hattori, some of which bore his name etched on the blade and some which did not.
Hattori also made several Buck clones, the 1700A is the Buck 119 design whereas the 1700C is the Buck 124 Frontiersman design.
The Hattori 1700A was originally made for Valor Corp. Miami in the 1980s and sold as the Valor Model 1700-B Original Bowie.
However the Valor Original Bowie I acquired is based on the Buck 105 and I cannot find pictures or details of it on the Hattori Collection site
10996 10997
It is tang stamped Original Bowie on one side the other tang shows Valor Hi-Stainless and filed off looks like 1700..

Anyone have information on this knife. I think the 1700C was a buck105 clone made for Valor, while Hattori marketed the 1700 A+B Buck clones under their label.
My store:https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/onehikes

Return to “European-made knives”