A 7 Blade Mitsuboshi made in Japan

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in Europe.
Mossdancer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

A 7 Blade Mitsuboshi made in Japan

Post by Mossdancer »

I spelled it as on tang. Any offered info will be welcome. I don't generally buy foreign made but this caught my eye and I went for it. The fit of all the blades on the same side is nice. Bolsters are decorated nicely. I think the bone jigged the way it is sold me tho.Looks like it might have been hand jigged. The full length scissors are somewhat unusual. I have spent a bit of time finding the maker. Not much that I could find. The knife just feels nice. Well made and the fit is really good. Here are a few photos, nasty day so they are taken inside. The worst damage is to handle at center through pin. I just saw the small holes where a shield is missing. Any input is urged.
moss
Attachments
PICT0001 (2).jpg
PICT0001.JPG
PICT0001.JPG (68.53 KiB) Viewed 1282 times
PICT0002 (2).jpg
PICT0002.JPG
PICT0003.JPG
PICT0004.JPG
PICT0005.JPG
PICT0006.JPG
PICT0007.JPG
I STAND FOR OUR NATIONAL ANTHEM
knife7knut

Re: A 7 Blade Mitsuboshi made in Japan

Post by knife7knut »

Nice one! The only Mitsuboshi knives I have seen are the tiny multi-blade version of the larger ones.Some of the earlier Japanese knives are actually pretty well constructed. Here is a pic of the little ones.
Attachments
MitsuboshiMultiBladeMini.jpg
Adventure BEFORE Dementia!
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: A 7 Blade Mitsuboshi made in Japan

Post by Mumbleypeg »

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=43242&hilit=Mitsuboshi. The knives I have seen from Mitsuboshi were multi-blade folders, typically with a knife and fork, sold fairly cheap at tourist sites. An eBay search for "hobo knife japan" usually will turn up a few of those.

Then there's this from one of our AAPK favorites. :roll: phttps://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-MITSUBOSHI-MUL ... 2687519845

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/

Return to “European-made knives”