First Mail Call of 2019

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in Europe.
outkast

First Mail Call of 2019

Post by outkast »

First Mail Call of 2019 and it's a really cool piece. So I'm not sure what the pattern would be called as I have yet to run across an advertisement showing one but I now own 3 of them. Aside from Henckels I have seen a couple of other made by other makers. This however is not a Henckels. It has had a heavy cleaning so any makers marks are long gone now. The obvious differences in this knife and my Henckels is weight. Not just because the blade has been cut but you'll notice in the pics this knife is a slightly smaller frame and much narrower backs spring. Also the lower bolster is single pinned where the Henckels has 2, the Henckels has steel liners vs.brass liners in the new knife, the lever for the locking device is also of different design and slightly different function. Lastly the end piece on this new one is metal unlike the Henckels which are plastic.
Henckels Type  (1).jpg
Henckels Type  (2).jpg
Henckels Type  (3).jpg
Henckels Type  (4).jpg
Henckels Type  (5).jpg
Henckels Type  (6).jpg
Henckels Type  (7).jpg
Henckels Type  (8).jpg
Henckels Type  (9).jpg
kennedy knives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: First Mail Call of 2019

Post by kennedy knives »

::tu:: ::tu::
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

Those are interesting knives, perhaps a German version of the American stockman EDC. The German knives all have to have a corkscrew, of course. One could make a substantial collection of these. Very knice! ::tu::
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

My first knife of the year is a belated Christmas gift to my wife. A Walden Knife Company pearly that is a minimum of 96 years old; I offered it to my Sweetheart. She gazed upon it lovingly ( :shock: :lol: ) and laid it aside, saying, "Are you interested in the avocados at Albertsons on Senior Day?"
w1.jpg
w2.jpg
OOPS... I see that I am in the wrong subforum. Oh well.
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Congratulations Tongueriver, that is a very fine acquisition.
outkast

Post by outkast »

tongueriver wrote:Those are interesting knives, perhaps a German version of the American stockman EDC. The German knives all have to have a corkscrew, of course. One could make a substantial collection of these. Very knice! ::tu::
Was looking in Boker book last night and saw the pattern referred to as Deer Foot. I can kinda see it but not what I would call it.

Return to “European-made knives”