Navajas

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in Europe.
OSCAR

Navajas

Post by OSCAR »

Years ago on a trip to Spain, I purchased about 50 Spanish navajas, basically clasp knives with long and narrow Stilleto type blades. I like this pattern but they aren’t easy to find in USA. Some open with a ratchet. Very unique and traditional knives.
Does anyone know of a internet source for this pattern? I can’t remember seeing any for sale here on AAPK. I would like to acquire more but have not been able to locate a good source. Especially looking for: Muela, Joker, Nieto or Fernandez but any quality ones also. Thanks.Oscar
"The Edge...There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
knife7knut

Re: Navajas

Post by knife7knut »

I don't know of any p;ace in particular that specializes in selling them in the USA;they don't seem to be popular with collectors. I have a few older ones but they were acquired mostly at flea markets many years ago.
Adventure BEFORE Dementia!
OSCAR

Post by OSCAR »

They are awesome and unique knives. I occasionally find one, but I will still look for a source. I see many cheap Asian copies and a few 19th century for huge prices and no provenance to prove authenticity. I may just have to go back to Spain.
"The Edge...There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
Robo

Post by Robo »

OSCAR wrote:Years ago on a trip to Spain, I purchased about 50 Spanish navajas, basically clasp knives with long and narrow Stilleto type blades. I like this pattern but they aren’t easy to find in USA. Some open with a ratchet. Very unique and traditional knives.
Does anyone know of a internet source for this pattern? I can’t remember seeing any for sale here on AAPK. I would like to acquire more but have not been able to locate a good source. Especially looking for: Muela, Joker, Nieto or Fernandez but any quality ones also. Thanks.Oscar

https://cuchilleriaalbacete.com/md-en-s ... nives.html

I went through a Douk-Douk knife phase and managed to successfully purchase a few from European sellers. The above is a link to a company with a bunch of Navajas listed. As far as finding an American source for navajas, I've never gotten farther than you have i.e: the occasional reasonably priced find on Ebay. Keep us posted!
OSCAR

Post by OSCAR »

Thanks Robo. I definitely will check it out. I don’t mind if the vendor is in. Europe. I am not in any hurry. Thanks again
knife7knut

Post by knife7knut »

Here are a few that I have.
Attachments
KnivesDrawer6 025.jpg
KnivesDrawer6 038.jpg
KnivesDrawer6 043.jpg
OldSpanishKnifeRecuerdo$20 001.jpg
Adventure BEFORE Dementia!
OSCAR

Post by OSCAR »

Those are beautiful! All mine are modern. Hard to find vintage pieces and very expensive if you do. Here are some of my Spanish knives. Not all are classic navajas.
There is a site I know that has a few. In USA. They specialize in foreign knives from all over. They have 3 types of Douk-Douk, Knives from France, Spain Germany Japan etc.
I have bought a few from them.
Worldknives.com
Attachments
87AA26D6-9D5B-4BE4-95C8-60509FD49354.jpeg
OSCAR

Post by OSCAR »

Some of mine. All modern though. I love the vintage ones that you have
Attachments
732154A2-4B3F-4366-85E1-CD843899D7CC.jpeg
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

You've got a very nice collection!! ::tu:: ::woot::

Here's link to another option. He's located in Spain and he makes your knife to order. Mine took 17 days from order placed to delivered but he might be a little busier now. Hard to say but I'm very pleased with the Mini Vendetta Corso that he made for me.
https://artesaniaherreros.es/en/categor ... et-knives/
Rick T.

"My knife money maketh itself wings!" mb>

Proud member of the Buck Collectors Club Inc.
OSCAR

Post by OSCAR »

Thanks Railsplitter ! I’ll look at the site tonight. I want some 19th century navajas but they can get very expensive.
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

If you go to Amazon.com and do a search for “Navaja”. You’ll find several Navaja-style knives mixed in with the mess of other stuff that comes up. All new knives though.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/

Return to “European-made knives”