Williamson Knife, Marked; "Williamson 152 Praed Street Paddintion"

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in Europe.
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Williamson Knife, Marked; "Williamson 152 Praed Street Paddintion"

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

I am hoping another member might have some insight on this knife. I am not having any luck trying to find information on this Williamson Knife. It is marked; "Williamson 152 Praed Street Paddintion" The location of the street is in London, England. I have not been able to find any information on the maker, or approximate date of manufacture. Any information on this knife would be helpful. Thanks!
Attachments
DSCF9770.JPG
DSCF9771.JPG
DSCF9774.JPG
DSCF9775.JPG
DSCF9777.JPG
Please visit my AAPK store: https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/ca ... er_id=2383

They say, “Hard work never hurt anyone”, but I'm still not willing to risk it.
LongBlade

Re: Williamson Knife, Marked; "Williamson 152 Praed Street Paddintion"

Post by LongBlade »

GSPTOPDOG wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:36 pm I am hoping another member might have some insight on this knife. I am not having any luck trying to find information on this Williamson Knife. It is marked; "Williamson 152 Praed Street Paddintion" The location of the street is in London, England. I have not been able to find any information on the maker, or approximate date of manufacture. Any information on this knife would be helpful. Thanks!

Nice old carving knife with a beautiful carved ivory handle GSPTOPDOG ::tu:: ::tu::... I found "Williamson 152 Praed Street Paddington" was listed in the 1867 Allen & Morton's West End Directory of London as a cutler.. There may be other references but so far using a few keywords I found this in a search ::nod:: ... nonetheless very old knife with history ::tu:: ...
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

Thank you very much, that helps a lot! :-) I tried searching and had no luck, I might not have used the key word search correctly. I think it is a great piece. I started collecting old kitchen and butcher knives and cleavers a few years ago but I never found another one with a carved handle like this one.
Please visit my AAPK store: https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/ca ... er_id=2383

They say, “Hard work never hurt anyone”, but I'm still not willing to risk it.
knife7knut

Post by knife7knut »

A beautiful old and unusual knife to be sure! It looks like the handle may have been a bit longer at some time and was broken off. The way it is carved would make it pretty fragile anyway. I have a couple of dip pens that are carved in a similar fashion and they are very fragile.
Adventure BEFORE Dementia!

Return to “European-made knives”