JULANCO-Solingen-Germany-Pocket Knife

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in Europe.
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Location: I'm On The Far Right On The Left Coast In Commiefornia

JULANCO-Solingen-Germany-Pocket Knife

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

I recently obtained this knife, a single blade, pen/gentleman's pocket knife. It measures 2 1/2 inches closed, 4 1/2 inches open. I have no idea what year(s) or time span this is from. The tang stamp reads, JULANCO (over) SOLINGEN (over) GERMANY. Which means that it's from one of these two makers, JULANCO: Jul. Langenberg & Co. or JULANCO: Gebr. Richartz & Söhne. Please feel free to add any information that you may have or find, about this particular knife. I took some pictures and here they are. Click on a picture to ENLARGE.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Kid: "Wish we had time to bury them fellas."
Josey Wales: "To hell with them fellas. Buzzards got to eat, same as worms."
Clint Eastwood-The Outlaw Josey Wales

Skip
XX Case XX

Re: Julanco-Solingen-Germany-Pocket Knife

Post by XX Case XX »

That's real nice Skip. I wonder if there's any connection to "Richartz Bros.& Sons Ohligs Solingen or Richartz Bros.& Sons LTD. Germany". Both are 1900-Present according to Goins.

I work hard so my Dog can have a better life...
TPK

Post by TPK »

Nice knife Skip. ::tu:: I've seen many similar to it on Ebay over here. Unfortunately, many German knives have corkscrews on em which I personally don't care for. But you found a nice one there. ::tu:: :D
TOM - KGFG - (Knife-Guy-From-Germany)

I believe..., every knife is a soul, looking for a soulmate. :wink:

Weebit-Nano https://www.weebit-nano.com/
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weebit_Nano

US - ARMY - COMBAT - ENGINEERS - 1990 - 1993 - God Bless Our Troops!
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Location: I'm On The Far Right On The Left Coast In Commiefornia

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

XX Case XX wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:29 pm That's real nice Skip. I wonder if there's any connection to "Richartz Bros.& Sons Ohligs Solingen or Richartz Bros.& Sons LTD. Germany". Both are 1900-Present according to Goins.

TPK wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:54 pm Nice knife Skip. ::tu:: I've seen many similar to it on Ebay over here. Unfortunately, many German knives have corkscrews on em which I personally don't care for. But you found a nice one there. ::tu:: :D
Thank you Mike. Thank you Tom. ::handshake:: I recently posted another German pocket knife for information. Here: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=65078
I searched and searched and came up with very little information. But I did come up with a huge throbbing headache. Finding out information on these German pocket knives is very frustrating (most of the time). What's funny is that neither of these two knives were the knives I was bidding on. They were just included as part of the auctions that I won.
Kid: "Wish we had time to bury them fellas."
Josey Wales: "To hell with them fellas. Buzzards got to eat, same as worms."
Clint Eastwood-The Outlaw Josey Wales

Skip
knife7knut

Post by knife7knut »

XX Case XX wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:29 pm That's real nice Skip. I wonder if there's any connection to "Richartz Bros.& Sons Ohligs Solingen or Richartz Bros.& Sons LTD. Germany". Both are 1900-Present according to Goins.
I believe they are one and the same company;just different years of production or for different market places. As to the the OP's question I believe that Julius Langenberg might possibly have been a distributor or wholesaler and the knife was actually made by Richartzfor them. JMHO

Return to “European-made knives”