My Manual Folders!

A place to discuss & share pictures of of knives from areas of the world other than the United States, Europe, China & Japan.
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: My Manual Folders!

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

You know I like that Blackjack. That is such a well made knife. Locks up like a tank. There are several here that I like besides that one. Very interesting.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Yes, it's a big sturdy folder Sam, and only ran me $25.! Bonus! 8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Thanks Mark! Every time I handle and open my B/J, I like it more! Such a solid knife! Glad you're enjoying them! 8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

It's my birthday today, and I couldn't have asked for a better present! An auto that I ordered 7 weeks ago finally got shipped today, after the seller had to deal with his email crashing due to too many messages, and, right after that he had a problem with a tooth, and that kept him off work for awhile. My orders from this seller are usually dispatched and shipped within 2 days of placing the order, but with everyone at home and shopping online due to the virus, he got swamped with orders and 6500 emails asking about where those orders are. I just remained patient through all this, and was finally rewarded this morning with a shipping confirmation email! All the impatient buyers had their orders moved to the end-of-the-line because of all their constant, frantic messages demanding to know where their $5.00 orders are. The seller has no patience for impatient buyers, and because I was aware of this fact I was able to wait patiently and not pester him with time wasting messages. If I had to wait 7 weeks for my order, and I was on my best behavior, I'd hate to see how long some of the impatient people have to wait! It pays to be nice! Today's knives! In the top pic is an 8" OAL linerlock stiletto/Damascus duel-edged dagger blade with thumb-stud, Damascus bolsters secured with screws, brass file-worked liners, SS file-worked spine, brass pins, dark horn scales, adjustable pivot, and no safety. It's a hefty 6 oz. knife that came with both edges sharpened. It's totally unmarked, although, I purchased it from a seller in Spain. In the 2nd. picture is a 7 1/2" OAL all-Damascus lockback stiletto/Damascus single-edged dagger blade with nail-nic, Damascus linerless body with genuine MOP inlays, SS file-worked spine with flush mounted lock release, brass pins, and no pocket-clip. Being all-steel this knife weighs 6.5 oz.'s, and arrived sharp. Also without any markings, but purchased at the same time as the 1st. knife from the same Spanish seller. The 3rd. knife today also came from Spain, and was a gift from the seller due to a couple of minor defects on the previous 2 knives. It's an 8" OAL linerlock stiletto/Damascus duel-edged dagger blade with thumb-stud, brass fish-scale engraved bolsters, brass pins and file-worked liners, SS file-worked spine, dyed giraffe bone scales, and no pocket-clip. Another hefty piece weighing 7 oz.'s., and came with both edges sharpened. I've never been a fan of file-work, but I must say, in the case of these first 3 knives, it looks pretty good! The 4th. knife came from Russia, and is a well-built linerlock folder. It's 8 1/2" OAL/95x18 steel single-edged dagger blade with thumb stud, SS bolsters and liners, brass pins, dark Walnut scales, and no pocket-clip. Weighs a respectable 5.5 oz.'s, and came sharp. This is another knife that I waited for over 2 months to arrive due to the virus, and is 1 of only 2 knives that I left the thumb-stud on, the Mamba from yesterday being the other. This is a very well-built knife, and it's high price reflected that. In the bottom photo is a piece that I posted in another thread previously, but thought I'd post it here as well. It's a 7 3/4" Beretta bullet-release folder/ SS drop-point blade with nail-nic, SS liners, black rubber scales with brass bullet release inlayed, and no pocket-clip. This one's lighter at 3.5 oz.'s, and has a razor-sharp blade. Has "Beretta" stamped on the front tang, and, "SEKI-JAPAN" stamped on the back tang. The knife opens manually with 2 hands, and closes by pressing on the bullet. It has a very strong opening/closing snap, and one definitely wouldn't want their fingers in the way when this one closes! Hope ya like em' guys! 8)
WIN_20200825_12_37_59_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200825_12_38_38_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200825_12_39_14_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200825_12_39_54_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200825_12_40_30_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200825_12_40_44_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200825_12_41_32_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200825_12_42_12_Pro.jpg
8)
samb1955

Post by samb1955 »

Some more nice ones!
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Those two Damascus ones in the middle are gorgeous. There are some really nice knives there.
That Beretta on the bottom looks like the one that Master Hattori designed for them. Can’t see it well enough to to know for certain, but it looks very similar.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Thank you Sam! 8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

The Damascus knives look even nicer in person Mark, and you'll see what I'm talking about some day! And I believe you're right that the Beretta is a Hattori design, you stated the same fact when I showed it on a different thread, so it seems to me you're correct. The knife is solid as the day is long, even though the scales are rubber, and, it was built in Seki, so I wouldn't be surprised if Master Hattori is the designer. 8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

I have 4 simple inexpensive folders to post today guys! A couple are originals, and a couple are copies of well known knives. The first is an 8" OAL including the bail, lockback folder that's a direct copy of the Mercator folding knives. It's by Helden Rand and came from Germany, so I have to assume they're a German company. It has a SS spear-point blade with nail-nic, SS pins and bail, black aluminum body, and no liners. It's featherweight at maybe an oz., and came well sharpened. The only markings it bears is a "Helden Rand" stamp on the front tang. Perfect for EDC! The 2nd. knife is also a copy, this time of the popular Laguiole knives. This knife is considerably shorter than a usual model, measuring only 7 3/4" OAL/a SS clip-point blade with nail-nic and 30% jimping on the top edge, SS bolsters and liners, brass pins, Rosewood scales, and light filework on the spine and lock-tab. Another fairly light piece weighing only 2 oz.'s, and arrived shaving-sharp blade. The only markings are an etch of the Eiffel Tower along with "Laguiole" and "La Tour" on the front blade. This knife is a slip-joint folder. Also an ideal EDC! For the 3rd. knife, I suppose you could compare it to the old Italian vendetta knives, although the 2 are actually quite different. This one is an 8 1/4" OAL slip-joint folder/SS drop-point blade with nail-nic, brass accented bolsters, brass liners and pins, and black ABS scales. A touch heavier at 2.5 oz.'s, but equally sharp blade. The only markings is a "PAKISTAN" etch on the rear blade. You wouldn't want your fingers in the way when closing this one, because the snap can be heard throughout the house! At $10. you can beat this one up all you want, since replacing it is a minor issue! And the last one today is a 7 7/8" lockback folder/SS drop-point blade with nail-nic, SS 2-piece body with wildlife engravings and black background, no liners, and lanyard hole. Being all-steel this knife weighs-in at about 3 oz.'s, and came well sharpened. It has an etch of a hand giving a thumb's up, as well as "BODA STAINLESS" on the front blade, and no other markings, but, for an inexpensive knife it's actually well built, with a "run-up" comparable to a Japanese made piece, although, I know for a fact it came from China! 8)
WIN_20200826_13_50_07_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200826_13_53_43_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200826_13_52_31_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200826_13_51_33_Pro.jpg
8)
samb1955

Post by samb1955 »

Keep them coming, I'm sure you have a dud somewhere in your collection but I haven't seen one yet!
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Thanks for your kind words Sam! I only have about 18 more to post, but I have more coming in the mail all the time, so as long as I've got em', I'll post em'! 8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

I have 4 beauties that arrived today guys, 2 fixed blades, and 2 folders! I realize this post is titled "My Manual Folders", but these 4 knives came together so I thought I'd just post them together. I received all 4 knives through Mark from SSK(Sharpnshinyknives),and I was only able to get these due to Mark's generosity in purchasing them for me from other sites, adding a minimum mark-up, and holding them until I was able to buy! Mark has a copy of the Herbertz dagger currently for sale in his store, so if you like it don't wait too long, because once it's gone it's gone! Also take a long look at the Viper he has, WOW, what a knife! Mark is an honest, fair, and generous guy to do business with, so don't hesitate to do so! Sorry for the plug, but he deserves it! Now, to the knives! The first is an 11 1/4" OAL Will & Finck Horsehead dagger/SS duel-edged mirror-polished dagger blade, NS intricately engraved bolster, brass pins, dark hardwood scales, and came with a high-quality brown leather belt sheath. This is a heavy knife, weighing the better part of 12 oz.'s, and arrived with both edges razor-sharp. Has "WILL & FINCK/S. F. CAL" stamped on the front tang, and "STAINLESS STEEL/JAPAN" stamped on the back tang. I have admired this dagger for close to a year, and through Mark's generosity I finally own one, and a Japanese build to boot! The next one is an 11" OAL Samuel C. Wragg boot/belt dagger with a SS duel-edged mirror-polished dagger blade, similarly engraved NS bolsters, brass pins, faux stag scales with red+black accents, and came with an equally 1st.-rate black leather sheath with closing snap and boot/belt clip. Another heavy piece weighing between 10-12 oz.'s, and also came with both edges sharpened. This knife has "SAMUEL C. WRAGG/CELEBRATED CUTLERY" stamped on the front tang, and, "UC 709/STAINLESS/JAPAN" stamped on the rear tang. Mark and I were both intrigued as to what exactly the engravings on the bolsters represent, but the closest we could come through research was that they're from the Civil War era. Next in line is a beautiful 7 1/4" OAL Herbertz lockback folding dagger/SS single-edge dagger blade with nail-nic, NS bolsters, brass liners and pins, gorgeous grey Micarta scales, and no sheath or pocket-clip. Not as heavy at about 4 oz.'s, but came treacherously sharp. This one is marked only "ROSTFREI" stamped into the front tang, but research showed it was built in Japan, likely by Master Tak Fukutu. I knew this was going to be a nice folding dagger, but once I handled it I was in awe, and still am! The final knife is an 8" OAL Shelman lockback folding dagger/SS single-edged modified bayonet blade with elongated nail-nic, SS accented bolsters, SS liners and pins, green cross-cut textured ABS scale, and no sheath or pocket-clip. Has a decent weight of about 5 oz.'s, and arrived sharp. This one is covered in markings, with "LJ X II SUPER SPORT" and, an encircled "ASPEN" etched on the front blade, as well as, "SHELMAN/HI-STAINLESS/JAPAN" stamped on the front tang. I was HOPING this would be a nice piece, and it didn't disappoint! All made possible by my friend Mark! EDIT: Upon further research I found that the bolsters on the Shelman knife are cast iron and not stainless steel, the scales are composite and not ABS, and the knife was built by Master Seizo Imai in Japan! 8)
WIN_20200827_15_18_00_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200827_15_18_44_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200827_15_19_09_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200827_15_19_44_Pro.jpg
8)
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Thank you Mark for the kind words. Glad to help out. Really glad I had the chance to handle and admire those knives as well. Having handled all of them and seen for myself the quality, you have some excellent knives there. Both of those daggers are amazing. That Herbertz has such great looking Micarta handles. And isn’t the Shelman made by Master Imai? I’ve forgotten which Master made that one. Glad you are happy with your purchases.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

My pleasure Mark, you deserve it! All 4 of these knives are truly amazing pieces, and like you said, the grey Micarta scales on the Herbertz are absolutely outstanding. This is actually the 1st. time I've ever seen grey Micarta, and I hope to see more knives in that color. You're also correct that the Shelman was built by Imai, and I've edited my post to reflect that. Thanks again for all you do! 8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Most of my collection is of larger knives, but today I'd like to show you guys 4 smaller folders, and about the only thing they have in common is that they're all out of the ordinary! The first 2 are 8" OAL front-lockback folders/SS drop-point blades with nail-nics, SS bolsters with engravings of a bear in a wooded area, SS liners, brass pins, faux tortoise-shell and white bone ABS scales with faux abalone inlays, and lanyard holes. Both are fairly heavy at 4 oz.'s, and came with their blades honed to a fine edge. Completely unmarked, but I know they came from China. I purchased these 2 specifically to compliment their auto counterparts, and they're built identically but for the auto mechanisms. I've included the autos in the pics to show the comparison. The next piece is a 6 3/4" OAL Gerber "Quadrant" frame-lock folder/SS modified tanto partially coated blade with flipper-lever, SS black-coated frame with white linen Micarta inlay, SS screws, no liners, and adjustable pivot. This one's fairly light at 2 oz.'s, and arrived very sharp. The knife is marked with "GERBER" etched on the front blade, and, "4660319A" etched on the back tang. When I first saw this knife I was fascinated with it's design, and at US$45. it wasn't cheap, but once I had it in-hand and felt the quality, I understood the price for a small knife. This one is a real workhorse that could withstand all sorts of abuse, but for my purposes it's simply a collectable. My understanding is that Gerber is a German company, but if not and I've posted this in the wrong thread, my apologies. The final knife for today is a 7" OAL Columbia front-lockback folding knife/SS clip-point blade minus a nail-nic, SS bolsters and liners, brass pins, brass lanyard tube, and faux stag ABS scales. Weighs-in at about 3 oz.'s, and came sharpened. There is a bull's head etch along with "Columbia/Fujunjie Company" on the front blade, as well as a wolf's head etch and "Wolf/USA SABER" on the front bolster. Now, with the USA link, Chinese link, and the fact I ordered it from France, your guess is as good as mine as to who actually built this knife! For an inexpensive knife the "run-up"(where the backspring meets the tang) on this one is surprisingly comparable to that of a Moki! Another very sturdy little knife! 8)
WIN_20200828_11_26_55_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200828_12_23_12_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200828_11_27_14_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200828_12_24_09_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200828_11_28_19_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200828_11_27_55_Pro.jpg
8)
samb1955

Post by samb1955 »

Nice group
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

This last group is the one I like the best. Very nice looking knives.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Thanks guys! I appreciate it! 8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

I have a couple very nice little folders today that I received yesterday guys! They're from the Thiers Cutlery Company and were built in France. The first is a 7 3/4" OAL Au Sabot Le Roquefort slip-joint folder that has a 12C27 Sandvik SS drop-point blade with nail-nic, satin-finished SS bolsters, SS liners and pins, and dark Ebony wood scales. Weighs about 3 oz.'s, and I cut myself immediately on the scary sharp blade. This blade is so sharp that as I was pulling it through my T-shirt to wipe it, it sliced through my shirt! The knife has a very strong pull and tight half-stop, and closes with a satisfying "click" that can be heard from quite a distance. It has a stamp of a wooden shoe as well as "Le Roquefort/Le Sabot" on the front blade, and "FRANCE" stamped on the front tang, and,"12C27/SANDVIK" stamped on the back tang. The second knife is an 8" OAL Le Sabot Vendetta slip-joint folder/12C27 Sandvik SS spear-point blade minus a nail-nic, satin-finished SS elongated bolsters, SS liners and pins, dark Ebony wood scales, and file-worked spine. Slightly lighter at 2.5 oz.'s, but equally sharp blade. This knife has very similar action characteristics as the first one. There's a stamp of a headbanded man along with "Vendetta" on the front blade, "LE SABOT/FRANCE" stamped on the front tang, and, "12C27/SANDVIK" stamped on the rear tang. These knives ran me just over US$100./free shipping for both, and in my opinion they're worth twice that amount. The run-up on both knives is comparable to that of a Japanese Moki folder! Either would make for a great EDC! 8)
WIN_20200828_18_33_51_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200828_18_33_33_Pro.jpg
8)
samb1955

Post by samb1955 »

Cool, you have quite an assortment in your collection! Keep posting those pictures.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Thanks Sam, will do! 8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

I only have 12 more knives to post, so I'll do 6 today and 6 tomorrow, but I have more autos and manuals on the way, no more fixed blades currently though. These today are all inexpensive slip-joints, a couple of lockbacks, 1 linerlock, and 1 that I re-scaled. First is a 7 3/4" OAL Yahuang l/b folder/440C SS d/p blade and n/n, SS bolsters and liners, brass pins and scale accents, black abs scales, and lanyard hole. About 2 oz.'s and sharp. Has various markings including a Maltese cross etch and patent #. Next is a 7 1/2" OAL Columbia s/j folder/SS d/p blade and n/n, SS bolsters and liners, brass pins, Ebony scales, pocket-clip and lanyard hole. Another lightweight at 1.5 oz.'s, and equally sharp. Markings include a Columbia Super Knife etch. Third is a similar 6 3/4" OAL Columbia s/j folder/pretty much the same construction and markings as the 2nd knife, albeit with black abs scales and no p/c. This one's 2 oz.'s and very sharp. Next is a 6 3/4" OAL Steel Warrior s/j Dr.'s Knife/SS d/p blade and n/n, brass bolsters liners and pins, and came with dried out ox horn scales that broke into 4 pieces when my cat knocked it off it's rack. So, I used a couple of scrap pieces of composite material I had leftover from scales I built for one of my autos, and re-scaled it. I only had small amounts of scrap so I ended-up using 2 colors. Featherweight at 1 oz., but sharp. Marked only with a Steel Warrior front tang stamp, and 440 Stainless rear tang stamp. The 5th knife is an unmarked but for a horsehead stamp on the front tang, 6 1/4" OAL Jr. Sodbuster s/j folder/ SS d/p blade with n/n, brass liners and pins, and purple Pakkawood scales. Very light at 2 oz.'s, and sharp. The final knife today is a teeny-weeny 4" OAL all steel linerlock utility folder/SS spear-point blade and thumb-stud, SS body and single liner, brass pins, adjustable pivot, and lanyard hole. It weighs maybe an oz., and this is only due to it's all steel construction. The only markings are a STAINLESS/TAIWAN front tang stamp. A perfect little box opener! These 6 would all make great EDC's, since they're solid, sturdy, inexpensive pieces that would take all the abuse one could throw at them! 8)
WIN_20200830_13_27_53_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200830_13_28_12_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200830_13_29_22_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200830_13_28_46_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200830_14_43_58_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200830_13_29_47_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200830_13_30_12_Pro.jpg
8)
samb1955

Post by samb1955 »

Another nice group, we'll look at all you want to show us.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Thank you kindly Sam! I only have half a dozen left that I'll post tomorrow, but I have a few on the way that I'll post as they arrive! 8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Well, these last knives complete my current collection guys, until more arrive anyway! lol! The first knife is a 6 3/8" OAL Mcusta "Basketweave" linerlock folder/VG-10 stainless Damascus drop-point blade riding on oiled washers and thumb-stud, stainless Damascus through construction body, a single stainless liner, stainless screws, adjustable pivot, and no pocket-clip. Being all steel this one weighs-in at about 3 oz.'s, and came incredibly sharp. Has "MCUSTA" and "VG-10 SEKI JAPAN" etch on the front blade. I was told that I was going to like this knife, and as soon as I handled it I knew what they meant. I could hold this knife and 1-hand open/close it all day long! I have 2 more Mcustas coming in the near future, and I'm giving serious thought to collecting all 7 from the M-3 series. Next up is a knife that came with the above Mcusta, and it's also a really nice little folder. It's a 7" OAL Marbles lockback/SS d/p blade with n/n, NS intricately engraved bolsters, brass liners and pins, and dark horn black/white swirl scales. Nice weight at about 2.5 oz.'s, and finely honed blade. There is an eagle perched on a knife and registered trademark etch on the front blade, "MARBLES" and r/t/m stamp on the front tang, and "HANDMADE/SEKI-JAPAN" stamp on the back tang. This is a really nice EDC knife! Third in line is another 7" OAL Marbles lockback offering/SS d/p blade with a 20% swedge on the tip and n/n, NS accented bolsters, brass liners scale inlay and pins, what are likely Rosewood scales, and lanyard hole. A bit lighter at 2.2oz.'s, and equally sharp blade. It has the same stamps as the previous Marbles. I received these first 3 pieces from my friend Mark at SSK! Up next we have a Taylor Cutlery Elk Horn e-z open slip-joint folder/SS sheepfoot blade with n/n, brass bolsters liners shield and pins, and faux MOP scales. All the brass gives the knife a weight of only about 2 oz.'s, and it arrived very sharp. There's an "ELK HORN"/SURGICAL 1980" stamp on the front tang, as well as a "TAYLOR CUTLERY/JAPAN" stamp on the rear tang, and a scale shield with an ELK HORN stamp. This knife has a firm half-stop, and a loud "click" when closing. The fifth knife is a CRKT Ken Steigerwalt designed "Quill" slip-joint folder that's 5 1/8" OAL/SS spear-point blade with n/n, SS bolsters liners and pins, dark horn scales, and lanyard hole. A real lightweight at just under 1.5 oz.'s, but came well sharpened. The markings are a "CRKT" etch on the front blade, and, "QUILL/STEIGERWALT DESIGN" etch on the back blade. This knife holds a special place in my collection, in that, it was the first auction I participated in on ebay, as well as being the first knife I ever received from ebay! Second to last is Seki-Japan built "Ant-2" linerlock folder/a SS d/p blade with thumb-stud, all brushed steel body construction with engraving, ball-release single liner closing, SS invisible pins, and lanyard hole. Nice weight at about 3.5 oz.'s, and razor-sharp blade. There's an ant and "ANT" stamped on the front tang, and "SEKI-JAPAN" stamped on the back tang. As you would guess, this knife's blade closes by depressing the silver ball on the front and then folding the blade closed. Nice little knife! And finally, I thought I'd throw-in my Dark Side Blades straight-razor, only because it folds! This one's 10" OAL fully extended/SS 5mm razor blade, SS liners and screws, and black/silver Grim Reaper engraved scales. Substantial weight at about 5 oz.'s, and, this is the 1st time I've said this for all the knives I've posted, it came as DULL as a butter knife! Has etchings of the Dark Side logo and "DEATH" on the front blade, as well as "DS-016"/STAINLESS/USA DESIGN/HANDCRAFTED IN CHINA" and "Dark Side Blades" etches on the back blade. I suppose this razor could be sharpened, but that would mean I was going to use it, and I try to shave as infrequently as possible, or, to use as a weapon, and since I have no desire to do any harm, it'll stay dull! 8)
WIN_20200831_12_07_56_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200831_12_08_53_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200831_12_09_49_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200831_12_10_33_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200831_12_11_10_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200831_12_11_47_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200831_12_13_02_Pro.jpg
8)

Return to “Other foreign made knives”