My Manual Folders!

This place is specifically allocated for discussing and showing off those knives from areas of the world other than the United States.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

My Manual Folders!

Post by Madmarco » Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:40 pm

Hey guys! I have already posted my autos and my fixies on the appropriate threads, so I thought I'd share with you'all my remaining 100 or so manual folders from various locations on the planet. Please keep in mind that I don't actually use any of my knives, I simply collect them for my own pleasure and their "cool" factor, and I will do my best to describe them, although, the info I provide will be only from what I can remember, and the markings on each knife, so if any of the info is incorrect please feel free to correct me. Since I don't carry or use my knives, factors such as steel type, edge retention, etc. hold very little importance to me, so my details won't contain much technical information. I think you will shortly notice that I have a penchant for stiletto style knives, and I've had this desire since I was 6 years old. Some are cheapos, some are mid-range, and some are quality knives, both inexpensive and expensive. On a final note, I will post 1-a-day, as this will give me something to look forward to each day, and, kindly try to overlook the fact that my hand is in the pics, since the only camera I have is the one built into my laptop, and I need 1 hand to hold the knife and 1 to click the pics! Enough said, on to the 1st knife! This is a Tac-Force TF-428 8 3/4" linerlock stiletto/SS bayonet blade bolsters liners screws and adjustable pivot, dark brown pakkawood scales, and pocket-clip, although, I remove the clips on all my knives since I have no need for them, and, I think the knife has a sleeker profile without them. Weighs about 3 oz.'s. Has "Tac-Force" and "Milano", as well as "Stainless" and "USA Design" etches. Opens fast via a pull on the "flipper", and locks-up tight. This knife had an additional "flipper" on the top edge of the blade, but I ground it off to add to the slim appearance. This was the 1st knife I ever purchased, and is the one that got me hooked on stilettos. I recently spotted an auto version of this knife, and it's on my radar to purchase in the future. Thanks for listening! 8)
WIN_20200806_13_34_41_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200806_13_35_06_Pro.jpg
8)

samb1955
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: My Manual Folders!

Post by samb1955 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:37 pm

Looking good!

Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:58 pm

Thanks Sam! I have some pretty cool folders to post, so keep watching! Mark. 8)
8)

Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco » Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:37 pm

I just got this nice little folder in today's mail, after waiting for over 2 months for it to arrive! It was coming from California, and under normal circumstances would have gone straight up the west coast to Customs in B.C., but due to the back-log they are dealing with at the western Customs mail center because of the virus, it was sent all the way across the country to an eastern Customs center, which undoubtedly was a factor in the long delivery time. I will usually receive a package from California inside of 2 weeks, but this virus has really disrupted most delivery schedules. Shipped June 2nd, delivered August 7th, YIKES! Oh well, c'est la vie! The knife! It's a simple Frost Cutlery "Flying Falcon" linerlock model that's 8" open/SS bayonet blade with about a 40% serration, all SS body with single liner and deep grooves for grip, thumb-stud, and lanyard hole. Being all steel construction it weighs about 6 oz's. and only 6/16" thick. Arrived razor-sharp. Has "Frost Cutlery" and "FLYING FALCON" stamped on the front tang, and, "MITCO STAINLESS" stamped on the back tang. A very nice all steel folder that fits right-in with my other all steel knives! 8)
WIN_20200807_11_02_44_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200807_11_03_23_Pro.jpg
8)

Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives » Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:45 pm

I like both of those Mark. That last one looks like it could handle some very hard work, it would be a good one to take in the back country.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan

Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco » Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:41 pm

Thanks Mark! It really is a solid little folder and very slim, feels great in-hand! 8)
8)

Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco » Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:38 pm

I purchased this nice little folder based strictly on the designs on the scales and blade, but once I handled it, it turned out to be a sturdy well-built knife. At the time I bought it CBSA(Canadian Customs)hadn't gone crazy on knives with "flippers" yet, so there were no import problems, just ordered it and sat back and waited for it to arrive, like it should be. It's a Black Legion 8 1/2" linerlock folder/SS dagger blade with what appear to be dragon's claws engraving, jet-black SS scales with a dragon engraved in gold(just the color, not the material)on the front and the same engraving on the back minus the color, adjustable pivot, SS liners, and pocket-clip. Has "BLACK LEGION" etch on the front blade. Weighs-in at about 4 oz.'s and arrived with the bottom edge razor-sharp. As I do with all my knive when they arrive, I applied a couple drops of Quick Release oil to the pivot, and that made for fast silky-smooth opening via the "flipper", and tight lock-up. A teriffic conversation piece, but would certainly be a handy user if one didn't mind beating it up! 8)
WIN_20200808_13_02_12_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200808_13_02_34_Pro.jpg
8)

samb1955
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by samb1955 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:33 pm

Really looks Kung Fu, I like it!

Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco » Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:40 pm

Thanks Sam! It was one of my very early purchases, and fortunately I've learned a bit about quality since, not much, but a bit! 8)
8)

Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives » Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:27 pm

That’s an interesting knife. Looks great.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan

Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco » Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:33 pm

Thanks Mark! ::tu:: 8)
8)

Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco » Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:40 pm

This is another stiletto that I purchased for the engraving designs on the blade and scales, but this one also turned out to be well-built and sturdy. It's called "Gravedigger" and is an 8 3/4" OAL linerlock A/O stiletto/SS skull-engraved dagger blade including the flipper tabs and false top-edge, SS satin-finished bolsters, SS stonewashed skull-engraved scales, SS liners, adjustable pivot, and pocket-clip. For any who've noticed that I state "pocket-clip" but don't see one, that's due to me removing them upon arrival since I don't carry my knives, and, I just think the lines on the knife are cleaner without the clips. This one has a hefty weight of about 5 oz.'s, and only the bottom edge of the blade is sharpened. Opens hard and fast with a pull on the flipper, and locks-up solid. Is completely unmarked, and I'm afraid I can't remember who made it. An excellent piece for 1-handed "flipper therapy", meaning you can open and close it all day long with just 1 hand and never having to worry about breaking the spring. Whomever made these certainly put the emphasis on the A/O torsion spring, cuz these open nearly as fast as an automatic without all the legal hassles involved! 8)
WIN_20200809_15_02_05_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200809_15_02_39_Pro.jpg
8)

samb1955
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by samb1955 » Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:02 pm

I like the look of that one too! Keep them coming.

Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco » Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:46 pm

Thank you Sam! I fully realize these are simple non-quality folders, but I'm a sucker for certain designs, skulls being 1 of them, and they were fun to wait for and eventually play with! Doesn't take too much to amuse me! lol! 8)
8)

samb1955
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by samb1955 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:44 pm

I'm easily amused too and I like skulls too, I have a tattoo of a skull.

Return to “European And Other Foreign Manufactured Knives”