15” EdgeCo Manual Lockback Stiletto

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in Europe.
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Location: I'm On The Far Right On The Left Coast In Commiefornia

Re: 15” EdgeCo Manual Lockback Stiletto

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

My 4 EDGECO CUMOSA automatic pocket knives.
I have 5 total, but 1 isn't an EDGECO.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Kid: "Wish we had time to bury them fellas."
Josey Wales: "To hell with them fellas. Buzzards got to eat, same as worms."
Clint Eastwood-The Outlaw Josey Wales

Skip
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Very nice Skip! 8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Mario wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:43 pm There are some scans of old EdgeCo ads on this page. Lots of cool stuff here! https://public.fotki.com/switch67/edge_company_knives/
Just wanted to show you this one that I saw in the ads link you provided Mario! Mine is identical to the knife in the link, although, it's totally unmarked, and I only bought it about a year ago from Bulgaria. Interesting that this style should pop-up again 40 years later! 8)
WIN_20210104_12_54_02_Pro.jpg
WIN_20210104_12_54_15_Pro.jpg
8)
Mario

Post by Mario »

Madmarco wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:54 pm
Mario wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:43 pm There are some scans of old EdgeCo ads on this page. Lots of cool stuff here! https://public.fotki.com/switch67/edge_company_knives/
Just wanted to show you this one that I saw in the ads link you provided Mario! Mine is identical to the knife in the link, although, it's totally unmarked, and I only bought it about a year ago from Bulgaria. Interesting that this style should pop-up again 40 years later! 8)WIN_20210104_12_54_02_Pro.jpgWIN_20210104_12_54_15_Pro.jpg
Nice one! I’ve seen that before.
knife7knut

Post by knife7knut »

Here are some pictures of a 1987 EdgeCo. catalog.Don't know why they came out so dark;I'll have to dig it out and re-shoot it.
Attachments
EdgeCompany1987Catalog1 001.jpg
EdgeCompany1987Catalog1 002.jpg
EdgeCompany1987Catalog1 003.jpg
EdgeCompany1987Catalog1 004.jpg
EdgeCompany1987Catalog1 005.jpg
EdgeCompany1987Catalog1 006.jpg
EdgeCompany1987Catalog1 007.jpg
EdgeCompany1987Catalog1 008.jpg
EdgeCompany1987Catalog1 009.jpg
EdgeCompany1987Catalog1 010.jpg
Adventure BEFORE Dementia!
knife7knut

Post by knife7knut »

And one of their knives.
Attachments
EdgeCo.MarkSide.JPG
EdgeCo.PileSide.JPG
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

knife7knut wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:28 am Here are some pictures of a 1987 EdgeCo. catalog.Don't know why they came out so dark;I'll have to dig it out and re-shoot it.
That is sooooo cool K7K! ::tu:: I had no idea they made those stag handled tantos, or, balisongs! ::shrug:: Thanks! 8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

knife7knut wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:30 am And one of their knives.
Very nice! ::tu:: And old ta boot! 8)
8)
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Location: I'm On The Far Right On The Left Coast In Commiefornia

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

Madmarco wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:46 pm Very.....
Thank you Madmarco.🍻
Kid: "Wish we had time to bury them fellas."
Josey Wales: "To hell with them fellas. Buzzards got to eat, same as worms."
Clint Eastwood-The Outlaw Josey Wales

Skip
Mario

Post by Mario »

Just a clarification on your earlier post, Madmarco: “I'm afraid that your hope that Canadians knife rights will be repealed in our lifetime, just isn't gonna happen, but thanks for the well-wishes just the same!“

I assume you meant Canadian knife laws? Hell, you’ve had enough of your rights repealed already! LOL! Maybe once Trudeau is out of office, you’ll have a better chance. Knock on wood.

Here’s a cool knife from EdgeCo which I found on YouTube. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9IDUjTKykq8

You pull that back piece and it flings the blade open and push it in and it flings the blade shut. I think it’s actually not an automatic because it doesn’t open/close with a spring, but it instead uses a different kind of mechanical device that you manually pull and push on so I think it’s considered a manual knife. Just make sure your fingers are out of the way when closing! That dude in the video was making me nervous! LOL!
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Mario wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:24 pm Just a clarification on your earlier post, Madmarco: “I'm afraid that your hope that Canadians knife rights will be repealed in our lifetime, just isn't gonna happen, but thanks for the well-wishes just the same!“

I assume you meant Canadian knife laws? Hell, you’ve had enough of your rights repealed already! LOL! Maybe once Trudeau is out of office, you’ll have a better chance. Knock on wood.

Here’s a cool knife from EdgeCo which I found on YouTube. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9IDUjTKykq8

You pull that back piece and it flings the blade open and push it in and it flings the blade shut. I think it’s actually not an automatic because it doesn’t open/close with a spring, but it instead uses a different kind of mechanical device that you manually pull and push on so I think it’s considered a manual knife. Just make sure your fingers are out of the way when closing! That dude in the video was making me nervous! LOL!
Thanks for the correction Mario, yes I did mean our laws, as you said, our rights are non-existent already!(NOT LOL'ing!) We can only pray that things improve once Trudeau-"lite" is unceremoniously bounced from office! Although, the alternatives aren't any better! Thanks as well for the video link, cool little knife he has, and I was thinking the same thing, if he gets a finger in the way he's gonna lose it! I posted a comment telling him so! Please post pics of your knives if you have em'! Mark! 8)
8)
knife7knut

Post by knife7knut »

That guy in the video is an idiot! I have several knives that operate in the same manner and the last thing you want to do with one of them is open or close it with one hand!
The way they operate is the blade tang has several teeth on it that mesh with teeth on the sliding bar that projects from the rear.Here are several examples by different makers.
Attachments
MechanicalKnives.jpg
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

knife7knut wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:18 pm That guy in the video is an idiot! I have several knives that operate in the same manner and the last thing you want to do with one of them is open or close it with one hand!
The way they operate is the blade tang has several teeth on it that mesh with teeth on the sliding bar that projects from the rear.Here are several examples by different makers.
I'm sorry I'm so late with this response K7K, but I missed this post you did. ::doh:: Those are very cool knives you have there, ::tu:: thanks for showing them to us! 8)
8)

Return to “European-made knives”