French made knives good and "not so good"....

This place is specifically allocated for discussing and showing off those knives from areas of the world other than the United States.
knife7knut
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: French made knives good and "not so good"....

Post by knife7knut » Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:58 am

Nice ones! Thanks for posting them. Here is a Sabatier I dug out of one of my old sign kits. Used to use it for cutting patterns in cardboard. Cleaned it up and brought it into the kitchen to use. My wife loves it for trimming Brussels sprouts.
Attachments
SabatierParingKnife 001.jpg
Adventure BEFORE Dementia!

jmh58
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jmh58 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:38 pm

knife7knut wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:58 am
Nice ones! Thanks for posting them. Here is a Sabatier I dug out of one of my old sign kits. Used to use it for cutting patterns in cardboard. Cleaned it up and brought it into the kitchen to use. My wife loves it for trimming Brussels sprouts.
Ray.. I enjoy each and every knife that you take time to post.. No mater where/what ya post is appreciated!!!
John :D
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!

knife7knut
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by knife7knut » Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:56 pm

jmh58 wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:38 pm
knife7knut wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:58 am
Thanks for the kind words John. I enjoy posting knives as much as I do looking at all the wonderful posts of others;present company included. ::tu::

Ray.. I enjoy each and every knife that you take time to post.. No mater where/what ya post is appreciated!!!
John :D
Adventure BEFORE Dementia!

New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Location: I'm On The Far Right On The Left Coast In Commiefornia

Post by New_Windsor_NY » Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:10 pm

This is one pocket knife out of a group of five pocket knives that I bought. This was NOT the knife that I bought the lot for. This is a MADE IN FRANCE, 3 1/2" closed, 2 blade pocket knife. It has a corkscrew and main blade etch. The blade etch reads Bijoulux - INOX. The tang stamp reads MADE IN - FRANCE. It's in GREAT condition. I gave it a quick, general cleaning. I took some pictures and here it is.
Click on a picture to ENLARGE.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Kid: "Wish we had time to bury them fellas."
Josey Wales: "To hell with them fellas. Buzzards got to eat, same as worms."
Clint Eastwood-The Outlaw Josey Wales

Skip

New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Location: I'm On The Far Right On The Left Coast In Commiefornia

Post by New_Windsor_NY » Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:11 pm

This pocket knife arrived very recently. It is one pocket knife out of a group of five pocket knives that I bought. This was NOT the knife that I bought the lot for. This is a 3 1/8" closed, 2 blade pocket knife. It doesn't say where it is made. The tang stamp is the number 92 in a semi circle(?). The business that is advertised on the knife is, "GUSTAVE DEGERMANN - BARR (BAS-RHIN)." The other side says, "MANUFACTURE DE CUIR." Google says (my edit), Tannery Gustave DEGERMANN S.A. - Leather wholesaler in Barr, Bas-Rhin, France. So, at least something about this pocket knife is French related. It's in GREAT condition. I gave it a quick, general cleaning. I took some pictures and here it is.
Click on a picture to ENLARGE.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Kid: "Wish we had time to bury them fellas."
Josey Wales: "To hell with them fellas. Buzzards got to eat, same as worms."