Muela knife

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in Europe.
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Muela knife

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

I was at a gun show yesterday and in the process of walking the 400 or so tables I happened to stop in front of one of them to look at some of the items that the owner had for sale. As I was standing there the fellow behind the table said to me "I have to sell all this stuff", so that immediately indicates that he is motivated to sell. I looked at a nice old Sabre fishing knife which he offer to me for $1 and I bought, and 100 - 38 caliber pistol bullets which he offered to me for 50 cents and I bought. Then I picked up another knife he had on his table to look at and as I was examining it he was talking the whole time and he started at $20, then he said $10, then before I could even say anything he said $5. So I pulled out a fiver and gave it to him. It is this knife, a Muela, made in Spain. I had never seen or heard of Muela knives before yesterday. This looks like a real nice one, folding lock blade, 4 1/4" OAL closed, and the thing that is really eye catching is the stag on it. The fit and finish on it are really outstanding and another noticeable thing is the lack of a nail nick or pull cut into the blade. Doesn't need one, it opens easily by pinching between thumb and forefinger. In place of the familiar riveted pivot pin, Muela used a screw in pin with Allen head recesses on both sides. The steel used is 440 stainless as marked on the blade. I would think that this is of recent manufacture because of the pivot pin used. Anyway, I would be interested in seeing other Muela folding knives that others may be able to show off.
IMG_4211.JPG
IMG_4212.JPG
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Muela knife

Post by doglegg »

OC looks like you found a birds nest on the ground. Lovely handles. Really a good looking knife. And for what you walked away with $7.00 is a steal. I have heard the name Muela but know nothing about them. Congrats. ::nod:: ::nod::
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

My bad, I should have shown the pile side stag too, it is just as nice.
IMG_4218.JPG
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

👍💎👍
John 🍺
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

OLDE CUTLER wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 4:09 pm I was at a gun show yesterday and in the process of walking the 400 or so tables I happened to stop in front of one of them to look at some of the items that the owner had for sale. As I was standing there the fellow behind the table said to me "I have to sell all this stuff", so that immediately indicates that he is motivated to sell. I looked at a nice old Sabre fishing knife which he offer to me for $1 and I bought, and 100 - 38 caliber pistol bullets which he offered to me for 50 cents and I bought. Then I picked up another knife he had on his table to look at and as I was examining it he was talking the whole time and he started at $20, then he said $10, then before I could even say anything he said $5. So I pulled out a fiver and gave it to him. It is this knife, a Muela, made in Spain. I had never seen or heard of Muela knives before yesterday. This looks like a real nice one, folding lock blade, 4 1/4" OAL closed, and the thing that is really eye catching is the stag on it. The fit and finish on it are really outstanding and another noticeable thing is the lack of a nail nick or pull cut into the blade. Doesn't need one, it opens easily by pinching between thumb and forefinger. In place of the familiar riveted pivot pin, Muela used a screw in pin with Allen head recesses on both sides. The steel used is 440 stainless as marked on the blade. I would think that this is of recent manufacture because of the pivot pin used. Anyway, I would be interested in seeing other Muela folding knives that others may be able to show off.
IMG_4211.JPG
IMG_4212.JPG
Wow! You did very well at that show O.C.! I too have heard the name Muela, but know nothing about the brand. ::shrug:: One thing I do know though, I like knives with adjustable pivots, since they make tightening up a loose blade so easy. And the stag on yours is outstanding! Congrats on a great day of knife hunting! 8)
8)
RevolverGuy

Post by RevolverGuy »

Very nice find and at a steal too. I use to own a Muela fixed blade some years ago and gifted it to a family member. I didn't know they made folding knives as the only one's I have really seen here are fixed blade models. They are great knives. Sort of the Buck Knives of Spain.
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

I actually bought a couple of Muelas as gifts for some relatives. The quality was good. I refer to the knives not necessarily the relatives.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Quick Steel wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:51 pm I actually bought a couple of Muelas as gifts for some relatives. The quality was good. I refer to the knives not necessarily the relatives.
LOL! ::rotflol:: ::rotflol:: ::rotflol:: ! Good one Garry! 8)
8)
hardman
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by hardman »

A relative purchased a Muela Fixed Blade while traveling in Spain and gave it to me. Back then you could actually ,transport knives. It has great fit and finish, and came with a high quality sheath. Other than that, I don't know much.
Gary

"Now it cuts like a knife, but it feels so right." Bryan Adams

Return to “European-made knives”