German Made Boy Scout Knife ID Help Please

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in Europe.
herbva
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

German Made Boy Scout Knife ID Help Please

Post by herbva »

This knife has been in my "on-deck" box of knives to work on for far too long. So, I just cleaned it up and patched the missing piece of bone on the mark side, and realized the tang stamp is clearly marked "Rishartz". I found a "Richartz Bros. & Sons Ohligs Solingen" in Goins, but no "Rishartz". So, my question is: is "Rishartz" the same as "Richartz"? Also, I'm curious about the "N (?) 88 " stamped on the reverse side of the primary blade. And, is that a screwdriver blade that has been modified for some special purpose, or is it a special purpose blade that was made that way? Any info or theories would be greatly appreciated! I actually don't collect boy scout knives, so if anyone is interested in this knife, offers are welcome. (All 4 blades have good snap.) Thanks!
Attachments
DSCN0018.JPG
DSCN0019.JPG
DSCN0020.JPG
DSCN0022.JPG
DSCN0026.JPG
DSCN0023.JPG
DSCN0030.JPG
DSCN0032.JPG
DSCN0033.JPG
"Better to do something imperfectly, than to do nothing flawlessly." ~ Robert H. Schuller

Herb
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: German Made Boy Scout Knife ID Help Please

Post by doglegg »

Herb, cool little knife. The screw driver blade looks like a wrench but too big for acetylene. Interesting ::nod:: ::nod:: .
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

I believe it’s Richartz. The C is damaged (same as the I). I’m guessing the screwdriver blade was modified into a some type of a wrench by a prior owner. JMO. Nice find! ::tu::

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
knife7knut

Post by knife7knut »

I would agree that the letter S is actually a C. The blade in question I believe is a combination cap lifter and can opener.Interesting knife! Thanks for sharing it.
Adventure BEFORE Dementia!
herbva
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by herbva »

Mumbleypeg wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 4:02 pm I believe it’s Richartz. The C is damaged (same as the I). I’m guessing the screwdriver blade was modified into a some type of a wrench by a prior owner. JMO. Nice find! ::tu::

Ken
Ken, thanks, I think you must be right. It really looks like "Rishartz" in person under my 10x loupe, but I get nothing at all when searching for a "Rishartz".
So, unless I hear otherwise, I'm going with that explanation. :D
"Better to do something imperfectly, than to do nothing flawlessly." ~ Robert H. Schuller

Herb

Return to “European-made knives”