Weidmannsheil

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in Europe.
bigshot

Weidmannsheil

Post by bigshot »

Does anyone have any Weidmannsheil knives? They seem to have really high quality Stag. I just picked up this sunfish model. 4 inches across. Beautifully made. I'd be interested in seeing more from this manufacturer.

weidmannscheil.JPG
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: Weidmannsceil

Post by Quick Steel »

You have a superb looking knife bigshot. Weidmmansheil is a fine old brand. I no longer have any but was never disappointed in those I formerly had.
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Weidmannsceil

Post by Railsplitter »

Nice knife! I've got a couple and they are great knives.
IMG_5813.JPG
Gotta love that Boar's head. :D
IMG_5789.JPG
Rick T.

"My knife money maketh itself wings!" mb>

Proud member of the Buck Collectors Club Inc.
bigshot

Re: Weidmannsheil

Post by bigshot »

Those are gorgeous! I like the stamped blade better than the etched. I'm not actually a big fan of writing on the blade itself, but it seems that a lot of manufacturers do that on their fancy knives.
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Railsplitter, That is a fine looking pair.
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

Thanks guys.
Rick T.

1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Do I remember reading a story about two sisters and a connection to the Olbertz Factory? ::shrug::
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

redrider, as i recall there were two sisters who controlled the Bulldog brand near the end. Parker had to do a lot of negotiation to acquire all the remaining production. Bulldogs of course were produced at the Olbertz factory.
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Thanks, QS! At least my memory isn't completely shot. ::super_happy::

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

I just got this knife today from Mark at SSk so I guess I can make a contribution to this thread! It's a 7 3/4" oal Weidmannsheil single-blade lockback canoe/SS spear-point blade, NS bolsters and boar shield, brass liners, and some very gnarly stag covers. Smooth n' comfortable walk n' talk, and nearly perfect fit n' finish. If there were anything I would change on my knife it would be to have a wider blade, because with it's existing blade the "run-up" where the spine meets the tang shows a 1/8th" step-down instead of being close and tight, but it's not enough to disappoint me. A very solid folder! 8)
WIN_20211118_10_34_15_Pro.jpg
WIN_20211118_10_34_42_Pro.jpg
8)
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Awesome, Mark! 😎👍

Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Thanks John! ::handshake:: 8)
8)
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

Madmarco wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:12 pm I just got this knife today from Mark at SSk so I guess I can make a contribution to this thread! It's a 7 3/4" oal Weidmannsheil single-blade lockback canoe/SS spear-point blade, NS bolsters and boar shield, brass liners, and some very gnarly stag covers. Smooth n' comfortable walk n' talk, and nearly perfect fit n' finish. If there were anything I would change on my knife it would be to have a wider blade, because with it's existing blade the "run-up" where the spine meets the tang shows a 1/8th" step-down instead of being close and tight, but it's not enough to disappoint me. A very solid folder! 8)WIN_20211118_10_34_15_Pro.jpgWIN_20211118_10_34_42_Pro.jpg
Wow! That's like a single blade lock back canoe! Sweet!

I can't quite tell if your shield is the Boar's Head or the Deer's Head. Both are pretty cool but the Boar's Head is just plain sick! (in a good way) ::tu::
Rick T.

jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

A birthday gift from one of my best friends about 10 years ago. She's a fine, fine knife. My one and only.
Attachments
Weidmannsheil Stag Lockback Trapper - Labeled Mark Side.JPG
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Railsplitter wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:21 pm
Madmarco wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:12 pm I just got this knife today from Mark at SSk so I guess I can make a contribution to this thread! It's a 7 3/4" oal Weidmannsheil single-blade lockback canoe/SS spear-point blade, NS bolsters and boar shield, brass liners, and some very gnarly stag covers. Smooth n' comfortable walk n' talk, and nearly perfect fit n' finish. If there were anything I would change on my knife it would be to have a wider blade, because with it's existing blade the "run-up" where the spine meets the tang shows a 1/8th" step-down instead of being close and tight, but it's not enough to disappoint me. A very solid folder! 8)WIN_20211118_10_34_15_Pro.jpgWIN_20211118_10_34_42_Pro.jpg
Wow! That's like a single blade lock back canoe! Sweet!

I can't quite tell if your shield is the Boar's Head or the Deer's Head. Both are pretty cool but the Boar's Head is just plain sick! (in a good way) ::tu::
Thanks Rick! ::handshake:: A big part of the reason I bought the knife was the fact it only has 1 blade, on any other canoe I've seen they always have 2 or more blades, and I'm a dedicated 1-blade guy. Sorry I couldn't capture the shield better, but it is the boar's head complete with pointy snout and fangs. 8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

jerryd6818 wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:53 pm A birthday gift from one of my best friends about 10 years ago. She's a fine, fine knife. My one and only.
Beautiful knife Jerry! ::tu:: I really like the kindda semi-gunstock frame, and those stag covers, well...!!! My new one I posted above is also my one and only, but possibly not my last! 8)
8)
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

jerryd6818 wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:53 pm A birthday gift from one of my best friends about 10 years ago. She's a fine, fine knife. My one and only.
Beautiful ::tu::
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf

Return to “European-made knives”