Kissing Crane Help!

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in Europe.
buckshot22
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Kissing Crane Help!

Post by buckshot22 »

I just picked this Kissing Crane Stag Sodbuster off eBay. I'm wondering if anyone thinks it was re-scaled. I can't find a KC Sodbuster with stag scales for the life of me. I also can't find a KC with just the cranes stamped on the blade. The back side of the tang just says Germany. No numbers, no stamp on the front tang. I've always liked the Sodbuster style and this one appealed to me. I bid low, thinking I would not win, but... I won. If I got had but it's a solid knife, it's okay. Anyone on here who can give some insight on this Kissing Crane?
Attachments
88962022-F2DF-48AF-9A86-A433CCD47E20.jpeg
RevolverGuy

Re: Kissing Crane Help!

Post by RevolverGuy »

That's a nice looking sodbuster. I don't think I have ever seen the crane stamped in the center of the blade like that except on their older fixed blades, but there's always a first time for everything. I'm no expert but from my own collection I have noticed that older one's tend to be stamped "Germany" and later years they are stamped with "Solingen", but that isn't really an indicator. Yours may have been rescaled. The Klaas sodbusters were normally wood. And most of the stag I have seen from Germany is not as soft and shows more texture and bark. Just my two cents.
buckshot22
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by buckshot22 »

RevolverGuy wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:54 pm That's a nice looking sodbuster. I don't think I have ever seen the crane stamped in the center of the blade like that except on their older fixed blades, but there's always a first time for everything. I'm no expert but from my own collection I have noticed that older one's tend to be stamped "Germany" and later years they are stamped with "Solingen", but that isn't really an indicator. Yours may have been rescaled. The Klaas sodbusters were normally wood. And most of the stag I have seen from Germany is not as soft and shows more texture and bark. Just my two cents.
Thanks for your input. Just hoping it’s a nice knife to put in my hunting pack.
Alien883

Post by Alien883 »

buckshot22 wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:18 pm I just picked this Kissing Crane Stag Sodbuster off eBay. I'm wondering if anyone thinks it was re-scaled. I can't find a KC Sodbuster with stag scales for the life of me. I also can't find a KC with just the cranes stamped on the blade. The back side of the tang just says Germany. No numbers, no stamp on the front tang. I've always liked the Sodbuster style and this one appealed to me. I bid low, thinking I would not win, but... I won. If I got had but it's a solid knife, it's okay. Anyone on here who can give some insight on this Kissing Crane?
I have pretty much the same knife and in my opinion its not made in Solingen nor is it a Kissing crane knife....since it does not say Germany or even Solingen,,,its pretty clear it might come from a foreign country way other then Germany...lol
OSCAR

Post by OSCAR »

Another reason why I don’t buy anything from Fleabay. You may be getting what you ordered, then again maybe not.
"The Edge...There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.

Return to “European-made knives”