[HELP] DECORA-SOLINGEN MADE IN GERMANY D.B.G.M

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in Europe.
TheRedWolf1830

[HELP] DECORA-SOLINGEN MADE IN GERMANY D.B.G.M

Post by TheRedWolf1830 »

Hello all! A number of knives has come into my possession and its up to me to research, value and sell them on. Im having a hard time with this particular German knife - DECORA-SOLINGEN MADE IN GERMANY D.B.G.M - Its a multi tool knife with a stag antler handle. I have found similar ones but the stag engraving on the front is different. Can anyone help, Ive included some images. Thank you in advance.
Attachments
IMG_9142.jpg
IMG_9141.jpg
IMG_9140.jpg
Gunsil

Re: [HELP] DECORA-SOLINGEN MADE IN GERMANY D.B.G.M

Post by Gunsil »

I'm pretty sure the handles are imitation stag. Decora knives are fairly low end items with little collector interest at this time. "Sold items" in an ebay search of Decora knives will give you the best idea of current values. I don't think handle variations make much difference on these. DBGM is the German equivalent of "design patented" and has been used since 1949.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Although I can't tell you anything about your knife TRW1830, I can say I find it quite unusual and one I've not seen before. I also want to ::welcome:: you to AAPK ::handshake:: and suggest you keep checking your post for new answers as many on this forum just may know something about it. Pretty cool knife you have there! 8)
8)
Alien883

Post by Alien883 »

TheRedWolf1830 wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:48 am Hello all! A number of knives has come into my possession and its up to me to research, value and sell them on. Im having a hard time with this particular German knife - DECORA-SOLINGEN MADE IN GERMANY D.B.G.M - Its a multi tool knife with a stag antler handle. I have found similar ones but the stag engraving on the front is different. Can anyone help, Ive included some images. Thank you in advance.
As mentioned, these handles are not real stag....the engraving is done by pressing a die into a kind of plastic to produce this detailed design....a rather low end knife from the 60's for tourist or sightseeing sales points....still an interesting piece!! TNX for sharing!!

Return to “European-made knives”