Odd French knife

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in Europe.
Tanaboo

Odd French knife

Post by Tanaboo »

Yard sale find. Has no markings except on main blade tang “ Made in France” also has patient pending stamped on it in French.
I think it a vineyard knife or gardening knife as it has what looks to me as a pruner shear and a curved pruning blade.
Any thoughts on what it is and who made it? Thx.
Attachments
0A48BF3D-0D59-4C4C-899B-022518ED3FF1.jpeg
FB2AA588-21D5-487C-A1CA-D151F1938EB5.jpeg
E4B94A2A-1646-431A-927A-B47511F46616.jpeg
DABDC09E-53F1-4FD0-967A-56A90878396C.jpeg
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Odd French knife

Post by Madmarco »

I can't help to identify your knife Tan, although the stamp "DEPOSE' BREVETE" might offer a clue, but your assessment of it being some sort of pruning tool sounds good to me. I also want to ::welcome:: you to AAPK! ::handshake:: 8)
8)
Tanaboo

Post by Tanaboo »

That means patient pending. Thanks for the welcome. Love the site.
Have to dig thru all my old knifes and see what I have.
This thing is an odd duck and just couldn’t pass it up. Calling it my odd duck for buck, which is what I paid for it. Looks like it was never used, definitely never no signs of being sharpened.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

"Patent Pending", huh, who'd of thunk it! ::shrug:: That's one of the great things about this hobby bud, knives that catch your attention might not get a second look from others, you should see some of the oddballs I've picked up, but if you like it that's all that really matters. I can definitely see your attraction to the knife you posted, not only would it be useful for pruning, but all the other tools attached I'm sure would come in handy, and as you said the price was right. Can't wait to see what else you have so don't be shy about posting them, we love pictures here! 8)
8)
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Welcome to AAPK. Very interesting knife. I agree it’s an agricultural knife. I’d say a vineyard worker’s knife with the shears for pruning grape vines and the hooked blade for harvesting the fruit.

Thanks for showing it. ::tu::

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
Reverand
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Reverand »

::welcome:: Welcome to AAPK!
I have never seen it's like before, but agree that it appears to be for pruning and harvesting grapes. It is very unique!
Jesus is life.
Everything else is just a hobby.

~Reverand

Return to “European-made knives”