Jos. Rodgers Ivory 'Tea' Cutlery

Have knives or knife related items for sale or for trade? Premium subscribers are welcomed to post them here. Feel free to plug your AAPK knife store or eBay listings as well. Make sure to check out the items our club members have for sale if you are looking to buy.
kootenay joe

Jos. Rodgers Ivory 'Tea' Cutlery

Post by kootenay joe »

Here are 2 Jos. Rodgers sets of cutlery with ivory handles for afternoon 'High Tea'.
The first has 6 knives with elephant ivory handles carved into the "Tulip" pattern. OAL 6 1/4", blade flat is marked:"E crown R/Joseph Rodgers & Sons/Cutlers to His Majesty/Star & Cross logo". They are in a velvet lined case covered with thin leather. They appeared to have never been used.
The other set has 6 knives (7 1/2") and 6 forks (6 1/4") with elephant ivory handles, scroll work on front of knife blades and "Rodgers EPNS star & cross logo" and the collar of all are hallmarked "JB" and crown, standing lion and "P". These are electroplated silver and i do not know the date of this hallmark. These are in a wood case which is missing an oval 'shield' on the front. Knives & forks appear unused.
Pictures are below and in post 2.
Price for both: $200 shipped, but, open to offers as i need to sell.
If interested please send me an email: rprocter@telus.net
kj
Attachments
IMGP2067.JPG
IMGP2068.JPG
IMGP2069.JPG
IMGP2070.JPG
IMGP2071.JPG
kootenay joe

Re: Jos. Rodgers Ivory 'Tea' Cutlery

Post by kootenay joe »

Rodgers EPNS set.
kj
Attachments
IMGP2059.JPG
IMGP2060.JPG
IMGP2061.JPG
IMGP2062.JPG
IMGP2063.JPG
IMGP2064.JPG
IMGP2066.JPG
KleenCut61

Post by KleenCut61 »

Hot Diggity Joe .. How Do You Do It :lol: I Would set On That Table Set For Ever .. Beautiful ::tu::
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

KleenCut61 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:15 pm Hot Diggity Joe .. How Do You Do It :lol: I Would set On That Table Set For Ever .. Beautiful ::tu::
Problem is these knives will outlast me, so i need to pass them along to someone else who really likes old ivory handles.
I am open to offers. Table cutlery is more highly valued by collectors in Britain and Europe than it is in North America, hence i will consider any 'reasonable' offer.
kj
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Open to offers. The Tea knives with the Tulip pattern ivory handles are quite exquisite.
Please send me a PM or email: rprocter@telus.net
kj
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

SOLD.
kj
KLJ77
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by KLJ77 »

Wow...very nice pieces, Roland. I'm sorry I missed out on this. Congrats to the buyer. My wife has numerous Jos. Rodgers pieces. She was impressed by these.

Correction: My wife's silverware is not Jos. Rodgers, it is Wm. A. Rogers. ::facepalm:: I noticed this when she brought them all out to show me.
LJ

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those that vote for a living."

Return to “Knives for Sale or Trade”