Custom Puukko For Sale

Have knives or knife related items for sale or for trade? Premium subscribers are welcomed to post them here. Feel free to plug your AAPK knife store or eBay listings as well. Make sure to check out the items our club members have for sale if you are looking to buy.
kootenay joe

Custom Puukko For Sale

Post by kootenay joe »

I bought this knife in July 2015 from Danijel Haramina in Croatia. The 'trademark' on his knives was just "M" and more recently "Malanika". He was selling on BF but now is too busy with orders to make knives on spec.
Here is a review of his work in Nordiska Knivar: https://nordiskaknivar.wordpress.com/20 ... ka-review/
And this is his own website: https://malanika.com/

This puukko is in the original "Tommi" style: long oval handle, no guard and blade is rhomboid in C/S: the thickest part is about 1/4 the way from spine to edge.
Steel is 80CrV2, blade length is 3 1/4", Rc ~ 61
Handle is burl elm with brass fittings; OAL just a shade under 7 3/4"
Leather sheath with a wood insert for the blade; audible snap in fit

I have not used this knife but i have packed it around with me in a briefcase with other knives and there are rub marks on pommel.

Price: $140, shipped
Please send me a PM or email: rprocter@telus.net
kj
Attachments
IMGP6555.JPG
IMGP6556.JPG
IMGP6557.JPG
IMGP6557.JPG (17.6 KiB) Viewed 3710 times
IMGP6554.JPG
kootenay joe

Re: Custom Puukko

Post by kootenay joe »

How about $125, shipped. It's a good deal for a custom puukko by a recognized accomplished knife maker.
kj
WillyCamaro

Re: Custom Puukko For Sale

Post by WillyCamaro »

Hey Roland!
Beautiful knife man... ::nod:: I would love to take em for that price but can't do it at this time. Only so much money to go around... :lol:
I got to clean out some of my stuff first, to much unused piling up... ::facepalm::
:lol:
Willy
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34
Cletus Awreetus

Post by Cletus Awreetus »

Roland, so this pukko caught my eye, better late than never. as I'm researching the maker I stumbled upon this 'commercial' for his knives. it's a bout the goofiest thing I've ever seen. quite entertaining. those silly Ruskies.

https://youtu.be/2uaLbvlykUk

btw, is this one still available?
-the problem with society today is, no one drinks from the skulls of their dead enemies anymore..-
Doc B

Post by Doc B »

At first...I was like...10 minute video...not sure I'm going to watch this. But then...I was sucked in; ha! If you're interested in this knife...it could "seal the deal". ::tu::
Heretical Refurb / Mods of cheap old folders, since late 2018
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Thanks for finding this video. I have seen these 2 guys before. They are Dutch, from Holland, and they definitely are 'knife-knuts'. They review lots of knives but instead of it being just a 'dry' presentation of a knife's performance, they do a silly skit that actually is entertaining as well as informative.
I think in Europe their reviews are respected as knowledgeable and independent.
Note the Malinika they were testing has CPM 4V steel. Mine is one of his earlier knives with 80CrV2 steel. Need a steel expert to say what the differences are in performance but it could be the CPM 4V is a tougher more wear resistant steel.
Yes it is still available. AAPK'ers have yet to discover how amazing a puukko design is or it would have gone to a new home soon after posting.
Note that the original puukko design has no edge grind. The primary grinds go to 'zero'. This knife unlike a 75 yr old Finnish puukko, does have a slight edge grind. This is how many of them are made today, primary grind goes almost to zero.
Maybe i should not chat so much in a For Sale thread ? I just can't stop chattin' 'knives'.
kj
Campbellclanman

Post by Campbellclanman »

That price is insane for that quality Puukko - My finger has been hovering over that hit button for a while now.
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

This knife is still available. Even though $125 is a good price for the buyer, i am open to offers.
As with every knife i sell: returnable for refund. A happy buyer is as important as the money.
PM or email: rprocter@telus.net
kj
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

SOLD.
kj
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

Congrats on finally selling that one. Someone is getting a fine knife.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan

Return to “Knives for Sale or Trade”