For Sale: Custom Puukko with AK Blade

Have knives or knife related items for sale or for trade? Premium subscribers are welcomed to post them here. Feel free to plug your AAPK knife store or eBay listings as well. Make sure to check out the items our club members have for sale if you are looking to buy.
kootenay joe

For Sale: Custom Puukko with AK Blade

Post by kootenay joe »

I posted this knife in the Fixed Blade forum and gave this description:

Here is a fantastic knife that is not a full puukko. The blade is all puukko, forged by Altti Kankaanpaa an old highly regarded Finnish smith. The handle was made by a knife maker in North Carolina. The blade is 4 1/8" and the handle a full 5" is very comfortable in hand. This long handle enables one to apply more pressure on the blade if needed. Handle is comprised of: brass, stacked leather rings, buffalo horn and "leopardwood".
This handle makes the knife heavier than a true puukko which is lighter in weight with a plain handle, oval in cross section & no guard.
The sheath can be worn as a dangler or on the belt. The snap in fit of the knife is more 'positive' than i have ever experienced. There is an audible 'click' as the knife seats itself. Although only the very end of handle is exposed, and the fit is snug, i can still extract the knife easily. The quality of this sheath is as good as any i have ever owned. It is right up there with a Bob Dozier(not the shop knives, but the ones Bob makes himself) or Burt Foster made sheath. I have never had a better sheath.

New, just as received from maker. I bought this to use but i don't have enough time to use all of the ones i had hoped to, so i'd like someone else to try it out.
Price: $130 shipped.
If interested please send me a PM or email: rprocter@telus.net
kj
Attachments
IMGP6578.JPG
IMGP6579.JPG
IMGP6580.JPG
IMGP6581.JPG
IMGP6582.JPG
IMGP6583.JPG
kootenay joe

Re: For Sale: Custom Puukko with AK Blade

Post by kootenay joe »

Special Sunday Deal: $120 shipped
Even if you don't want a puukko, this is a 'killer' price for a strong, sharp knife with the best snap fit sheath ever.
Somebody must NEED a knife ?
Father's Day
Mother's Day
Children's Day
Or for yourself ! $120, shipped. And returnable for refund for any and no reason. What a deal !
kj
Scale Military

Post by Scale Military »

Beautiful knife. Too bad I don't have the cash right now. ::teary_eyes::
William C. Westmoreland "The military don't start wars. Politicians start wars."
George S. Patton Jr. "Live for something rather than die for nothing."
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

BUMP.
How about $100 for the knife & sheath, plus $15 to help cover the cost of shipping from Canada.
kj

Edit to add: here is a link to this knife maker's knives he is selling on ebay: https://www.ebay.com/sch/barbosina/m.ht ... 1543.l2654
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

8 months and still here so time for a BUMP.
$115 which includes shipping.
PM or email: rprocter@telus.net
kj
danno50
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by danno50 »

Roland, sent you an email.
Dan
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

This knife is now SOLD.
kj
Campbellclanman

Post by Campbellclanman »

Wow- about time too my friend - this is such a nice Knife - strangely enough I was looking back in this very Knife late last night and had pretty much made my mind up I would grab it - so I am very please Roland you sold another knife - this was a very very good price- the ONLY thing that stopped me hitting that button long before was it’s only just outside my direction as to where I am going with collecting.

Nice!
Doc B

Post by Doc B »

That is a beautiful knife and sheath! ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::
Heretical Refurb / Mods of cheap old folders, since late 2018
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Thank you gents. I think the buyer will be quite pleased. It should edge hold much longer than blades with an edge grind.
kj

Return to “Knives for Sale or Trade”