western folding hunter for sale

Have knives or knife related items for sale or for trade? Premium subscribers are welcomed to post them here. Feel free to plug your AAPK knife store or eBay listings as well. Make sure to check out the items our club members have for sale if you are looking to buy.
joefm

western folding hunter for sale

Post by joefm »

i have a Western folding hunter im gonna sale. i dont know much about this knife but it shows no signs of alot of use, the blades look and feel full to me. it appears to have green bone handles that look like rogers bone to me but ive heard Westerns have delrin handles? the tang stamp on this knife dates it from 1950-1961 im pretty sure. it has good snap and no wobble if anyone is interested please let me know. i dont really know what this knife is worth? it is exactly how i received it and wouldnt sell it but i need the money its the only Western folder i have ever had so feel free to let me know what i have or make me an offer!
901F9E14-ECAB-4F0F-BC6B-623CB39F06BF.jpeg
92B4D950-9A91-4D98-8A26-F49D1975141E.jpeg
4D640D61-294D-4600-9EBC-EA91B8E6AC9D.jpeg
Railroad Joe
kootenay joe

Re: western folding hunter for sale

Post by kootenay joe »

The tang marking "Western/Boulder Colo" which i think is how your knife is marked was used 1950-1961. If so, the handles are likely bone which would make it of higher value than one with Delrin handles.
kj
zzyzzogeton

Post by zzyzzogeton »

If the knife does NOT have a model number on it, then it was made not later than 1953.

Western "started" adding model numbers to their knife stamps starting in 1954 according to TKMWWW, but did not have all models so stamped until after 1955ish. It took a while to sell down existing stocks of various models and until a new run was required to fill orders, they kept shipping on-hand stock.

Depending on turnover rates at the various sellers of Western cutlery, a pre-1953 knife could have been sold years later. This is why a sales receipt can help in identifying when a particular model STARTED being sold but a sales receipt cannot identify when manufacture stopped.

It's virtually impossible to know what models were the first to get model numbers and which were the last. If Western ever kept such records, no one saved them during the various building moves and sales.
joefm

Post by joefm »

thanks guys, yea mine has no numbers on it just Western boulder, colo. on the tang of the clip blade,and it does have bone handles. so, i would like to sell it does anybody have a estimated value or offer? haha
Railroad Joe
terryl308
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by terryl308 »

PM sent
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
whiskeytango315

Post by whiskeytango315 »

Sold yet?