Miller Bros Jigged Bone Hunter

Have knives or knife related items for sale or for trade? Premium subscribers are welcomed to post them here. Feel free to plug your AAPK knife store or eBay listings as well. Make sure to check out the items our club members have for sale if you are looking to buy.
LongBlade

Miller Bros Jigged Bone Hunter

Post by LongBlade »

Miller Bros Hunter – 5 ¼” – A rare Miller Bros Hunter with lovely old jigged bone in great condition – the bone doesn’t get much better than this knife. Pivot bolster is iron and rear bolster is nickel silver. Lockback works fine and blade locks up tight when opened! When closing the knife the blade is tight and needs a nudge and thus closing snap is very weak or none though blade is very tight in closed position. Loss of snap on old hunters with a lockback is not uncommon and is somehow related to the locking mechanism and the back spring interaction (if I understand it correctly). Blade has been sharpened and shows some staining and pitting – also some pitting on iron pivot bolster. No wobble. The top of pivot bolster has some ding marks on the liner and bolster - see photo. I have only seen 1 other of this style Miller Bros Hunter in my searches over the years – the only other one that I have seen sold for $500.

Asking $300 OBO plus shipping of your choice. PM me with any interest or if you have additional questions or need additional photos just let me know. This may be my first regret sale down the road but have little choice right now as sadly my medical bills are out of control . Thanks for looking and any interest!
Mark Side DSCN0576.JPG
Pile Side DSCN0531.JPG
Blade Open DSCN0550.JPG
Dings on liner Bolster DSCN0562.JPG
Tang Stamp DSCN0566.JPG

Re: Miller Bros Jigged Bone Hunter

Post by woodwalker »

That's a fine knife at a great price Lee! Someone will jump on that! I posted because I hope your well and to let you know you have been a great inspiration in my own collecting. I wish you my very best. :)
LongBlade

Post by LongBlade »

Thanks so much Woodwalker ::handshake:: .. I truly appreciate your well wishes and such very kind words/thoughts... Cheers my friend!

Post by LongBlade »

Bump - Please do not hesitate to make an offer - I will not be offended (I paid more than I’m asking so I’ll listen to any offer) .. I’m dropping price to $285 or best offer (OBO). Please pm with any interest, questions, more photos etc etc.
Thanks
Lee

Post by ScoutKnives »

Message sent
Always looking for Mint pre war scout knives
LongBlade

Post by LongBlade »

SOLD ..

Return to “Knives for Sale or Trade”