Standup Pocket Knife Display Stand / Classic 6 Knife Counter Top Display Plaque

Have knives or knife related items for sale or for trade? Premium subscribers are welcomed to post them here. Feel free to plug your AAPK knife store or eBay listings as well. Make sure to check out the items our club members have for sale if you are looking to buy.
Post Reply
User avatar
94 Winchester
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:46 am
Location: Hailey, Idaho
Contact:

Standup Pocket Knife Display Stand / Classic 6 Knife Counter Top Display Plaque

Post by 94 Winchester » Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:03 am

Classic Counter Top Pocket Knife Display Stand / Plaque
4.5" Wide x 7.5" High x 2.5" Deep
Displays 6 Knives up to 4.5" Long
Brass Escutcheon Pin Knife Supports
Antique Spalted Birds Eye Walnut Finish
Wide Plank Yellow Pine Construction
Unique way to Display Your Knives

Note: Knives pictured in listing are for display only and are not included in any sale

I accept PayPal, however if you would like to pay by money order or personal check, please contact me to make those arrangements

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever would place their trust and belief in Him, would not perish but are given eternal life" Every sin that separates us from God is forgiven and forgotten when cleansed by the Precious Shed Blood of Jesus Christ upon the Cross

Thanks for looking at this New Display Stand,
Best Regards,
Lonnie


Available at http://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/94winchester
IMG_5209.JPG
IMG_5215.JPG
IMG_5217.JPG
IMG_5227.JPG
IMG_5229.JPG

User avatar
WillyCamaro
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Posts: 1255
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:03 am
Location: Yorkton, Saskatchewan, Canada
Contact:

Re: Standup Pocket Knife Display Stand / Classic 6 Knife Counter Top Display Plaque

Post by WillyCamaro » Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:49 am

Man alive, that is a seriously beautiful peace of woodwork 94. ::tu:: Heck all your pieces are great!
I sure miss doing woodworking! To turn a plain piece of yeller pine into a work of art such as this, really makes a persons day. Especially from a person that understands how much heart and soul goes into your work. Again great job!
"Those who forget history, are doomed to repeat it" - WillyCamaro
"Four Queens; that'll beat just about any hand going! Sweet!!" - Steve Warden

User avatar
94 Winchester
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:46 am
Location: Hailey, Idaho
Contact:

Re: Standup Pocket Knife Display Stand / Classic 6 Knife Counter Top Display Plaque

Post by 94 Winchester » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:37 am

WillyCamaro wrote:Man alive, that is a seriously beautiful peace of woodwork 94. ::tu:: Heck all your pieces are great!
I sure miss doing woodworking! To turn a plain piece of yeller pine into a work of art such as this, really makes a persons day. Especially from a person that understands how much heart and soul goes into your work. Again great job!
Thank you so very much for your comments. I try and do the best I can on every piece I build. Some of these latest posts are trying to come up with some more affordable options for folks to display their knives with. But when I get a "Cudos" from a fellow woodworker, that can appreciate what might go into these projects, that gives me condidence and makes my day !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you again WillyCamaro,
Best Regards,
Lonnie

User avatar
WillyCamaro
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Posts: 1255
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:03 am
Location: Yorkton, Saskatchewan, Canada
Contact:

Re: Standup Pocket Knife Display Stand / Classic 6 Knife Counter Top Display Plaque

Post by WillyCamaro » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:38 am

::tu::
I can honestly say, comparing your work to the "Masters" (George Vondriska/Woodworks Guild of America, Wood Mag, Fine Woodworking, ect) that you are right up there, from the photos you've posted. Very hard to get a finish as evenly as you have done on this one. Your end-grain matches perfectly. End grain transitions into long/edge grain is simply stunning! Your edge joints are extremely well matching, some angles you can't even tell they are there, and if you do see one (very very faint) the coloration matches wonderfully.
What did you do to treat the end grain? I know in my few projects working with yellow/white pine is that it is a real bugger for soaking up stain. I tried Varithane wood treatment, it worked ok for me, just finiky to get timing right. Other then that great job again!
Willy
"Those who forget history, are doomed to repeat it" - WillyCamaro
"Four Queens; that'll beat just about any hand going! Sweet!!" - Steve Warden

User avatar
cudgee
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Posts: 599
Joined: Thu May 16, 2019 7:21 am
Location: Victoria. Australia.

Re: Standup Pocket Knife Display Stand / Classic 6 Knife Counter Top Display Plaque

Post by cudgee » Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:25 am

Mate, that work is absolutely fantastic. I am in complete awe of people who can do any sort of work with their hands, wood, leather, metal work anything like that. Your skill and knowledge of being able to work with wood is something to behold, well done. ::tu::

User avatar
94 Winchester
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:46 am
Location: Hailey, Idaho
Contact:

Re: Standup Pocket Knife Display Stand / Classic 6 Knife Counter Top Display Plaque

Post by 94 Winchester » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:27 pm

WillyCamaro wrote:::tu::
I can honestly say, comparing your work to the "Masters" (George Vondriska/Woodworks Guild of America, Wood Mag, Fine Woodworking, ect) that you are right up there, from the photos you've posted. Very hard to get a finish as evenly as you have done on this one. Your end-grain matches perfectly. End grain transitions into long/edge grain is simply stunning! Your edge joints are extremely well matching, some angles you can't even tell they are there, and if you do see one (very very faint) the coloration matches wonderfully.
What did you do to treat the end grain? I know in my few projects working with yellow/white pine is that it is a real bugger for soaking up stain. I tried Varithane wood treatment, it worked ok for me, just finiky to get timing right. Other then that great job again!
Willy
Willy Camaro,
Thanks again for you comments ! You have an eye for detail for sure just by your take on the finish. You are right, pine drinks stain like an old guzzler. You cant apply the stain directly to the bare wood, it just drinks it up very unevenly, especially the end grain, wants to turn black in some cases. Oak, Walnut or any hardwood won't do that and you get a nice even finish with any of those hardwoods. But pine is way different. So the key is to seal the bare wood off with a clear finish. I use lacquer because it drys fast. Then you can control the staining much better and dictate how much or little stain you want to color the piece you are working on.

Thanks again for the input, I really appreciate the feedback

Best Regards,
Lonnie

User avatar
94 Winchester
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:46 am
Location: Hailey, Idaho
Contact:

Re: Standup Pocket Knife Display Stand / Classic 6 Knife Counter Top Display Plaque

Post by 94 Winchester » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:34 pm

cudgee wrote:Mate, that work is absolutely fantastic. I am in complete awe of people who can do any sort of work with their hands, wood, leather, metal work anything like that. Your skill and knowledge of being able to work with wood is something to behold, well done. ::tu::
Cudgee,

Thank you for the great feedback and positive comments. I like working with my hands. Have pretty much done cabinet and furniture making all my life. I wish I had skill in some of the other crafts you mentioned. But have never got around to trying my hand at those.

But thank you very much for the "High Five" on what I have put out on AAPK so far. I have some other designs I will be showing in the months to come, so keep watching the "Knives for Sale or Trade" and "New Products Announcement" forums

Best Regrads Mate.

Lonnie

User avatar
cudgee
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Posts: 599
Joined: Thu May 16, 2019 7:21 am
Location: Victoria. Australia.

Re: Standup Pocket Knife Display Stand / Classic 6 Knife Counter Top Display Plaque

Post by cudgee » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:58 pm

No worries mate. ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::

Post Reply

Return to “Knives for Sale or Trade”