Shutting down ebay account...forced to

Have knives or knife related items for sale or for trade? Premium subscribers are welcomed to post them here. Feel free to plug your AAPK knife store or eBay listings as well. Make sure to check out the items our club members have for sale if you are looking to buy.
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Re: Shutting down ebay account...forced to

Post by Paladin »

Quick Steel wrote:As a buyer and not a seller I have never maintained money in my PP account. When I make a payment PP charges a particular credit card I have listed with them. I may be missing some of the implications of ebay's changes, but as of now it appears there will be no effect on buyers. Hope that is correct.
It looks to me like eBay is going to take any sort of card or payment method to satisfy an auction win or buy it now. Credit card fraud occurs on a regular basis and is eBay going to indemnify us when that happens?

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Ray, I don't know what eBay will do but banks will reimburse for a fraudulent charge, then issue a new card. I've only had that one time; it did not involve eBay.
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

Sharpnshinyknives wrote:
TripleF wrote:
Sharpnshinyknives wrote:I urge you both not to do that. Just walk through the link they have provided and set up the bank account that you want this money to go into. eBay is going to be taking payments FOR you From other sources than PayPal. It’s going to cause your fee to PayPal to drop to,2.7 instead of 3%, which saves, you money. And people, who don’t use PayPal can now pay you with a credit card, debit card Square and any other payment systems out there that you aren’t set up to take and YES you will still be taking PayPal as well.
If the issue is keeping monies separate, just move the funds from the bank account over to PayPal. Nothing says you can’t still use PayPal. Just an extra step to get it there. It’s really a nice change that will expand they different payments that you can accept. While EBay is doing all the work and lowering fees.

I don't want to be controlled or forced.....I don't want the money in my checking account....can you imagine the bookkeeping nightmare? OMG Shoot me now!!! No, you will be taking credit cards, gooleg pay, apple pay only....paypal won't exist.

Yeah, no such luck.
Scott, PayPal is not going away. In fact EBay still owns a big part of PayPal. If this were going to diminish PayPal the stock would have tanked, but it hasn’t. I bought stock in PayPal many years ago when eBay first spun off PayPal and it’s been one of my best performing investments. Trust me I would know if this meant the demise of PayPal. Both companies are trying to broaden their reach and appeal. For many years PayPal was dependent on eBay but after they became a stand alone company they had to be less dependent on one customer and the same is true for EBay. Each one held the others fate in their hands, not a good place to be.
I understand the resistance to setting up separate accounts and not putting your banking information online. But I do think this will help you the seller to reach more potential buyers since you will be able to accept more than one form of payment. I have customers that contact me about alternatives to PayPal all the time since they don’t have a PayPal account. So I think this will actually be a benefit. Plus if eBay is taking care of the transaction, then I will be getting one tax form from them and not a separate form from each payment vendor. So there are a lot of benefits to doing this. But you gotta do what you gotta do.

Guess I'ma have to look into it.....kicking and screaming....
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

TripleF wrote:
Sharpnshinyknives wrote:
TripleF wrote:

I don't want to be controlled or forced.....I don't want the money in my checking account....can you imagine the bookkeeping nightmare? OMG Shoot me now!!! No, you will be taking credit cards, gooleg pay, apple pay only....paypal won't exist.

Yeah, no such luck.
Scott, PayPal is not going away. In fact EBay still owns a big part of PayPal. If this were going to diminish PayPal the stock would have tanked, but it hasn’t. I bought stock in PayPal many years ago when eBay first spun off PayPal and it’s been one of my best performing investments. Trust me I would know if this meant the demise of PayPal. Both companies are trying to broaden their reach and appeal. For many years PayPal was dependent on eBay but after they became a stand alone company they had to be less dependent on one customer and the same is true for EBay. Each one held the others fate in their hands, not a good place to be.
I understand the resistance to setting up separate accounts and not putting your banking information online. But I do think this will help you the seller to reach more potential buyers since you will be able to accept more than one form of payment. I have customers that contact me about alternatives to PayPal all the time since they don’t have a PayPal account. So I think this will actually be a benefit. Plus if eBay is taking care of the transaction, then I will be getting one tax form from them and not a separate form from each payment vendor. So there are a lot of benefits to doing this. But you gotta do what you gotta do.

Guess I'ma have to look into it.....kicking and screaming....
I feel for you Scott. I too am not a friend of change.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Ebay & PP are both very profitable businesses. Any changes they make are ones they believe will attract more sellers and more buyers. They can afford the best financial advice possible. These experts must believe these changes will grow the business. There is a very high chance they are correct.
Life is very complex and getting more so almost daily. Any one person can only be knowledgeable on a few 'topics', so some faith is needed to accept advice from those who are knowledgeable of the 'topic' involved. That said, sometimes the 'experts' are wrong.
Life is too short to spend time worrying about changes made by ebay & PP. It will all work out. Life will go on and people will continue to sell and buy knives.
kj
ratlesnake75

Post by ratlesnake75 »

Everyone is CORRECT!!! I too sell on ebay Full time & was forced to be converted over to their new system. May I RANT for just a minute, LOL OK.

1st -- Had to open a NEW Business account at my local bank. Should of done this long time ago ANYWAYS but there was NO NEED because PAYPAL sent a 1099 form for tax purposes. Yes, I do know that I am SLOW at Business Procedures & learning, lmao.

2nd -- When knives Sold on ebay Prior to this New Method, Buyers PAID by Paypal & I received the Funds IMMEDIATELY in my Paypal account. This is NOT happening anymore at all. Not only do we have to WAIT on ebay to RELEASE/PROCESS the funds to be sent to our bank account(1-4 DAYS guys), but then we have to WAIT again (1-7days) for OUR BANKS to process the Processed payment to BE CLEARED into our accounts before its actually USABLE for us to use,,,,for us to be able to SPEND the way we want too.

3rd -- This is a JOKE & I am totally with you Ray & everyone else about "Credit card" disasters of Stolen cards, Identity theft, Fraudulent charge backs & last but not least someone stopping payment or denying a charge because of lack of funds, Etc. Yes I have been through all these & WE as sellers always LOSE the $$ that are owed to us & our knives are GONE. It is what it is BOYS!!! No one said selling knives is Profitable or easy money lol

4th -- May I add, In order to be a TOP RATED Seller, We MUST offer a 1-business shipping & handling for ALL payments paid & NOT CLEARED,,,YET we are NOT paid until all this stuff is cleared & by then BOYS our knives are GONE again. So here is the skinny OK, I sell a knife & buyer pays today, I suppose to ship knife tomorrow morning WITHOUT even knowing if the PAYMENT will EVER BE CLEARED. This is NOT GOOD & a whole lot of sellers will not be TOP RATED anymore & I may very well be one of those, lmao!!! I honestly dont know what to do BOYS. I want to SATISFY EVERYONE but I would like to be able to COVER MY BUTT too Right, HAHAHAH.

OK I AM DONE RANTING
Kindest Regards,
Mark
I Buy/Sell/Trade All Vintage Antique Pocket knives from Junkers to Mint. I am Easy going, so Please shoot me a message ANYTIME!!! l Live & Breath KNIVES Everyday.
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

ratlesnake75 wrote:Everyone is CORRECT!!! I too sell on ebay Full time & was forced to be converted over to their new system. May I RANT for just a minute, LOL OK.

1st -- Had to open a NEW Business account at my local bank. Should of done this long time ago ANYWAYS but there was NO NEED because PAYPAL sent a 1099 form for tax purposes. Yes, I do know that I am SLOW at Business Procedures & learning, lmao.

2nd -- When knives Sold on ebay Prior to this New Method, Buyers PAID by Paypal & I received the Funds IMMEDIATELY in my Paypal account. This is NOT happening anymore at all. Not only do we have to WAIT on ebay to RELEASE/PROCESS the funds to be sent to our bank account(1-4 DAYS guys), but then we have to WAIT again (1-7days) for OUR BANKS to process the Processed payment to BE CLEARED into our accounts before its actually USABLE for us to use,,,,for us to be able to SPEND the way we want too.

3rd -- This is a JOKE & I am totally with you Ray & everyone else about "Credit card" disasters of Stolen cards, Identity theft, Fraudulent charge backs & last but not least someone stopping payment or denying a charge because of lack of funds, Etc. Yes I have been through all these & WE as sellers always LOSE the $$ that are owed to us & our knives are GONE. It is what it is BOYS!!! No one said selling knives is Profitable or easy money lol

4th -- May I add, In order to be a TOP RATED Seller, We MUST offer a 1-business shipping & handling for ALL payments paid & NOT CLEARED,,,YET we are NOT paid until all this stuff is cleared & by then BOYS our knives are GONE again. So here is the skinny OK, I sell a knife & buyer pays today, I suppose to ship knife tomorrow morning WITHOUT even knowing if the PAYMENT will EVER BE CLEARED. This is NOT GOOD & a whole lot of sellers will not be TOP RATED anymore & I may very well be one of those, lmao!!! I honestly dont know what to do BOYS. I want to SATISFY EVERYONE but I would like to be able to COVER MY BUTT too Right, HAHAHAH.

OK I AM DONE RANTING
Kindest Regards,
Mark
Good rant, Mark! Thanks for the input.

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
just bob

Post by just bob »

This morning I put in a request and got a call from ebay customer service. I got a call from a very nice woman that spoke perfect English. I was so happy! She said this was a way to provide a level playing field for all services like Mastercard, Visa, Square, Discovery, etc. etc. If they have a tab you click to pay with pay pal and no tab for the other services then they don't have a level playing field and they can be accused of conflict of interest, so things must change as ebay and pay pal are separate. I GET THIS and it all makes perfect sense to me. Buyers using Mastercard should have the same access to my items as people using Pay Pal. I UNDERSTAND. What I don't understand and what she wasn't clear about is why I can no longer specify that the payments for the items I sell be deposited directly into my pp account. Once this money clears whatever process that is in place to make sure the funds are good it is my money. I can have it put directly into Ally or any other on line banking system I want to use but can not under any circumstances have the money put directly into my pp account. She said this is final and will not be changed. In order to continue selling on ebay I must provide them with a valid bank account number to send the deposits to. I asked if they were getting a lot of calls on this subject and she kind of giggled and said something like there are always a lot of questions when there are changes. I have also emailed pp with similar questions and expect to not get an answer from them either. I really think they aren't saying this but in the near future if you are paying with pp you will be using a credit card issued by pp and won't be able to pay from your account balance. I use pp often and this is super handy for me to purchase items on line. I hate to see this changed but I guess it will be.
“The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.” (Paulo Coelho)

Men make plans and God laughs

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

Paladin wrote:
Quick Steel wrote:As a buyer and not a seller I have never maintained money in my PP account. When I make a payment PP charges a particular credit card I have listed with them. I may be missing some of the implications of ebay's changes, but as of now it appears there will be no effect on buyers. Hope that is correct.
It looks to me like eBay is going to take any sort of card or payment method to satisfy an auction win or buy it now. Credit card fraud occurs on a regular basis and is eBay going to indemnify us when that happens?

Ray

Sorry to take so long to respond Ray got a bit busy and haven’t had time to look back at this thread. Your one question was answered already about the amount, that hasn’t changed and it’s the same on EBay as well as PayPal. As far as indemnity on fraudulent charges, I can’t say that I have seen anything on this in the agreement. But I’m sure it works no differently than before. Since eBay is processing the transactions they are the ones who have to verify information and not you the seller so they should bear the responsibility for fraudulent activity.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
Lansky1

Post by Lansky1 »

TripleF wrote:
jerryd6818 wrote:Whaaat???? They're going to force you into a credit situation???? Well that sucks swamp water through a flavor straw. :x :x :x
Nope....they are forcing us to use payments thru THEM only, not Paypal. The processor is called Ayden. They will handle all payment for ebay.
Money will be deposited directly to my bank in 2 to 4 days......and I don't want that type of delay. I don't want ebay telling me when they're going to release my money.

Same for all of you other ebay sellers.....beware!!
I suspect I will follow your lead Scott ... I've been a die hard eBay buyer/seller since 1998 (almost 1000 feedbacks). Forcing us to set up bank accounts and dealing with delays in payment will drive alot of us out of eBay. Paypal worked fine - can't believe they're messing it up. I will buy from time to time, but will be damn selective on what I buy, knowing I have no avenue to resell it on eBay. Good thing is I bet the selling board on AAPK will see a big uptick ...
pffffft that's not a knife ......... now THAT'S a knife !! Crocodile Dundee

John
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

Lansky1 wrote:
TripleF wrote:
jerryd6818 wrote:Whaaat???? They're going to force you into a credit situation???? Well that sucks swamp water through a flavor straw. :x :x :x
Nope....they are forcing us to use payments thru THEM only, not Paypal. The processor is called Ayden. They will handle all payment for ebay.
Money will be deposited directly to my bank in 2 to 4 days......and I don't want that type of delay. I don't want ebay telling me when they're going to release my money.

Same for all of you other ebay sellers.....beware!!
I suspect I will follow your lead Scott ... I've been a die hard eBay buyer/seller since 1998 (almost 1000 feedbacks). Forcing us to set up bank accounts and dealing with delays in payment will drive alot of us out of eBay. Paypal worked fine - can't believe they're messing it up. I will buy from time to time, but will be damn selective on what I buy, knowing I have no avenue to resell it on eBay. Good thing is I bet the selling board on AAPK will see a big uptick ...
Problem here is....nothing sells. Thankfully there's no charge to list, but people can't see the price so they don't click....
So, looks like I'm going to have to reform..
SCOTT

313 Mike

Post by 313 Mike »

TripleF wrote:
Lansky1 wrote:
TripleF wrote:
Good thing is I bet the selling board on AAPK will see a big uptick ...
Problem here is....nothing sells. Thankfully there's no charge to list, but people can't see the price so they don't click....
Just curious what you mean Scott when you say "people cant see the price so they dont click".
Mike

There are those who are...and those who wish they were. He himself decides.
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

313 Mike wrote:
TripleF wrote:
Lansky1 wrote:
Good thing is I bet the selling board on AAPK will see a big uptick ...
Just curious what you mean Scott when you say "people cant see the price so they dont click".
Scrolling banner across top of AAPK
SCOTT

just bob

Post by just bob »

This is good information but a bit dated.

ttps://www.channelreply.com/blog/view/ebay-managed-payments

The name Adyen from the Netherlands comes up as the payment processor. Then here we see Adyen paid about $153 million in total for the rights to become eBay's fee processor. No wonder they were so quick to throw pay pal under the bus. I understand now why they don't want you to use pay pal.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adyen

On January 31, 2018 eBay announced that it had signed an agreement with Adyen to become its primary payments processing partner. The transition to full payments intermediation will take several years. eBay will begin intermediation on a small scale in North America starting in the second half of 2018, expanding in 2019 under the terms of the operating agreement with PayPal. In 2021, eBay expects to have transitioned a majority of its marketplace customers to Adyen.[20] Adyen reportedly paid eBay $70 million in cash and $83 million in stock warrants for the privilege.[21]

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

just bob wrote:This is good information but a bit dated.

ttps://www.channelreply.com/blog/view/ebay-managed-payments

The name Adyen from the Netherlands comes up as the payment processor. Then here we see Adyen paid about $153 million in total for the rights to become eBay's fee processor. No wonder they were so quick to throw pay pal under the bus. I understand now why they don't want you to use pay pal.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adyen

On January 31, 2018 eBay announced that it had signed an agreement with Adyen to become its primary payments processing partner. The transition to full payments intermediation will take several years. eBay will begin intermediation on a small scale in North America starting in the second half of 2018, expanding in 2019 under the terms of the operating agreement with PayPal. In 2021, eBay expects to have transitioned a majority of its marketplace customers to Adyen.[20] Adyen reportedly paid eBay $70 million in cash and $83 million in stock warrants for the privilege.[21]
Ok then, thank you sir!! Maybe I can hold this off for a while....maybe forever.
SCOTT

XX Case XX

Post by XX Case XX »

I posted about this very thing a while back. Didn't get too much attention back then. Seems to be getting a lot more now.

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=55587&p=624626#p624626

I work hard so my Dog can have a better life...
ratlesnake75

Post by ratlesnake75 »

Thanks Mike for posting that Link, I enjoyed the read on it
Kindest Regards,
Mark
I Buy/Sell/Trade All Vintage Antique Pocket knives from Junkers to Mint. I am Easy going, so Please shoot me a message ANYTIME!!! l Live & Breath KNIVES Everyday.
Lansky1

Post by Lansky1 »

Thanks for the heads up Scott on the Oct. 22 deadline - I've spent the last few weekends cleaning out the garage/attic/basement - selling all kinds of stuff (golf clubs / bags, fishing gear & of course any knives that don't make the all star team). This is my last chance as a seller to capitalize on Paypal while it's still the only choice. I'll continue to buy, but my selling days will be over come Oct. 22nd.

Just curious - anybody know if that Oct 22 date may have changed, or is it still a hard "turn in the keys" date for Paypal as the only means of payment on eBay ?
pffffft that's not a knife ......... now THAT'S a knife !! Crocodile Dundee

John
just bob

Post by just bob »

Lansky1 wrote:Thanks for the heads up Scott on the Oct. 22 deadline - I've spent the last few weekends cleaning out the garage/attic/basement - selling all kinds of stuff (golf clubs / bags, fishing gear & of course any knives that don't make the all star team). This is my last chance as a seller to capitalize on Paypal while it's still the only choice. I'll continue to buy, but my selling days will be over come Oct. 22nd.

Just curious - anybody know if that Oct 22 date may have changed, or is it still a hard "turn in the keys" date for Paypal as the only means of payment on eBay ?

I'm certainly not an authority on this subject, but my understanding is that effective the 22nd a seller can no longer stipulate that their ebay sales be deposited into a pay pal account and must provide ebay with a valid bank account # to deposit the money into. Then also the seller must accept Visa, Master Card, Square and any other payment method approved by ebay and can no loner stipulate pay pal only. So far as I know and for the foreseen future pay pal will remain an acceptable form of payment on ebay. There is some talk that in the near future you will have to use a pp credit card and will no longer be able to pay for things from your pp account balance, but I think maybe that is a ways down the road. If this information is incorrect please advise as I've tried to research this subject a bit.

bestgear
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by bestgear »

My $0.02 for what it's worth:

A while back I started a post to open a dialogue about the pros and cons of selling your knife inventory on 1. your own knife e-commerce site, 2. eBay
or 3. AAPK. As with all dialogues and a call for pros and cons, each that posted had their own reasons for a preferred selling venue. I posted that question because I had used eBay exclusively for selling and buying knives since 1999 and the venue was no longer meeting my expectations and I was looking for a new selling venue.

I decided to 100% leave eBay as a seller, built my own e-commerce site and dual listed my inventory on both my site and AAPK (with AAPK having preferential pricing). I became proficient with search engine optimization and before long, customers were being driven to my site. At the same time, the good people here on AAPK started seeing my knife inventory and sales increased here too. eBay was no longer visible in my rear-view mirror.

Fast forward 28-months to today and I still am not a seller on eBay. In June of this year, 24-months after launching I closed my knife e-commerce site due to lacking sales. While the pros of commission-free transactions from your own site appear to be attractive, I found the costs of promoting my site far exceeded the commission I've ever paid, including eBay and AAPK combined.

So my exclusive selling venue for my knife inventory is now AAPK and will be for the foreseeable future. I do know that Bryan has a vision to market AAPK stores outside of AAPK and has dabbled with some advertising in Knife Magazine. If anyone has any ideas on how we can drive the knife buyers from eBay and other selling venues to AAPK, I'm sure Bryan would be all ears. The other good news about selling on AAPK is that you have 100% access to your customer and in the e-commerce world, that's huge.

It's been said many times before but to me it never gets old, THANK YOU BRYAN!
Tom
AAPK Administrator

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.
just bob

Post by just bob »

I suppose everyone is up and running on this new policy and things are going fine. Everyone that is, but me. I hadn't decided what to do and it finally soaked in that you have little choice in the matter and if you want to sell on ebay you have to play by their rules - kind of like driving a car - you must obey the laws. Anyway went to the bank and set up a dummy savings account for the ebay deposits only and low and behold now see that won't work. You must give them a valid checking account number to deposit the proceeds from your sales into. I hadn't anticipated this and really don't want to give them my checking account information. I guess it's back to the bank on Monday for me and hope I can work something out that doesn't require me to purchase checks or maintain a minimum balance. The account will be used for ebay only and periodically the money will be sent back to pay pal for on line purchases. I suppose the big, power sellers on ebay have strategies for their accounts and have things all figured out, but for the guy at the bottom of the totem pole this is a lot of hassle. Maybe ebay is trying to weed out the smaller sellers? No doubt the box store sellers from China and the Asian rim are more in their future plans. I wonder if when these people call ebay customer service and they're connected to a person that speaks perfect English if they too complain about not being able to understand them?

RalphAlsip

Post by RalphAlsip »

Another recent eBay change (for me anyway) that will impact me as a buyer is the collection of Sales Tax. I hadn't bought anything on eBay for a few months until this week. Sales tax was collected on my transaction for the first time I can remember. I don't buy a lot anyway, but this will further restrict my purchases unless prices drop by a corresponding amount which further hurts sellers.
TwoFlowersLuggage
Location: Stuck in traffic on a highway in Southern California

Post by TwoFlowersLuggage »

Well, you really can't blame ebay for now needing to collect sales tax. That's the state governments (particularly my own state of Commiefornia) cracking down on companies and forcing them to pay each state's taxes on online sales. So, either they pay out of their profit, or they pass the cost to the consumer - and of course they are going to pass that cost along.

As a side note, this is one of the things that makes me shake my head. A lot of people that scream "tax the corps" seem to not understand that ALL costs in a company are added to the price of their goods & services. The same is true of tariffs on their suppliers. If they switch to a domestic supplier that is now the same or a bit less than the foreign supplier + tariff, that increase is added to the price. Over the long run, they will always either maintain the profit margin for their investors, or they will go out of business. EBITDA always reigns supreme. The last guy/gal in the supply chain pays ALL the costs of everyone upstream. And one of those guys at the end of the line is ME!
"The Luggage had a straightforward way of dealing with things between it and its intended destination: it ignored them." -Terry Pratchett
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

I pay sales taxes twice. I have a WA. State shipping address because many ebay sellers will not ship to Canada. Ebay now adds 7.6% WA. State sales tax to the invoice and when i re-enter Canada i am charged 12% of the total converted from USD to CAN.
If i pay $100 for a knife the invoice shows a total of $107.60. This converts to $140.53 CAN add 12%, $16.86, for a total cost to me of $157.39 CAN.
The 'problem' is, i see a knife for $100 and might think "wow, $100 is a good deal for that knife" but my mind is really conceiving of the value of $100 CAN even though i know it is USD. So what seems like only $100 is actually closer to $160 of my money.
kj
just bob

Post by just bob »

I just wanted to update this and post some information others may not be aware of. I went to the local bank and they set me up with an e checking account. No fees or minimum balance the only drawback is you can only write 3 paper checks a month, which isn't an issue at all for me. So got signed up and it seems to be working fine. Much slower to get the money transfer to the local bank than it was to pay pal. It looks like it is taking 3- 5 days before they even begin the process. I don't know how long it would be before you could take the money out of the local bank? I did find something kind of ironic out. Ebay will not deposit your money into your pay pal account from your ebay sales, however if you are set up to do it your fees for ebay postage are withdrawn from your pay pal account as soon as you print a shipping label and also your monthly fees. Seems strange they can take money out, but not put it back in. Same method my first wife used. Anyway with the adjustments things seems to be working fine and setting up the e checking account at the local bank was painless and only took a few minutes.

Return to “Knives for Sale or Trade”