For Sale: 2 "Stainless Cutlery Co." Pen Knives

Have knives or knife related items for sale or for trade? Premium subscribers are welcomed to post them here. Feel free to plug your AAPK knife store or eBay listings as well. Make sure to check out the items our club members have for sale if you are looking to buy.
kootenay joe

For Sale: 2 "Stainless Cutlery Co." Pen Knives

Post by kootenay joe »

If i were to start over as a knife collector i would focus on "Stainless Cutlery Co." knives. Made by Camillus in 1920's & '30's, i think they are the best pen knives Camillus ever made.
Both these knives are unused and very close to factory condition. All snaps are good and there is no blade play.
3 3/8" Senator pen knife, both blades marked "Stainless/CutleryCo/NewYorkCity". Beautiful bright knife.
3 1/8" Equal End Whittler, 2 blades marked as above, manicure blade tang is not marked, milled liners, pearl handle with a 'line' on front side at secondary end that i believe is part of the natural layering of the pearl rather than being a crack.
The light was fading as i took pics of this whittler and they make the knife look 'dull', which it is not.
Price for both $170 shipped.
If interested please send me a PM or email: rprocter@telus.net
kj
pictures of whittler in post #2
Attachments
IMGP7972.JPG
IMGP7975.JPG
IMGP7973.JPG
IMGP7974.JPG
kootenay joe

Re: For Sale: 2 "Stainless Cutlery Co." Pen Knives

Post by kootenay joe »

3 1/8" Whittler:
kj
Attachments
IMGP7976.JPG
IMGP7977.JPG
IMGP7978.JPG
IMGP7979.JPG
IMGP7980.JPG
IMGP7981.JPG
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Giving these a BUMP. They are very fine vintage Camillus knives, top examples.
I think my price is reasonable but am open to receiving offers.
kj
Campbellclanman

Post by Campbellclanman »

I think I will take these two Roland. I keep going back to them - so.... :)
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

O.K. Duncan. You will not be disappointed. The "Stainless Cutlery" knives are i think the very best knives that Camillus ever made and these 2 are beauties. I am very pleased that they will be going to you.
kj
Campbellclanman

Post by Campbellclanman »

Thank you Roland my friend
New Zealand is going into stage 4 lockdown- No one goes down the road unless imediate shopping- which will be patrolled - no one allowed to go to work other than Fire, Police and Hospital staff - No schools - no non essential shops- only grocery stores etc open now- every single other business is to shut down i the next 48 hours, so I have been pretty busy and just made the payments to include shipping my friend. ::tu::

Please- everyone- take the care to watch what you touch- then take even more care of your hands to your food and touching your face an everyday thing we do hundreds of times without noticing, it would be good to own a Country House somewhat isolated at this moment - because I would be there this minute!

The very best of thoughts and be friendly and positive at these time my friends! :)
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Thank you for your 'Well Wishes' Duncan. It certainly is a strange and challenging time for all of us, worldwide.
These 2 knives are now SOLD.
kj
joefm

Post by joefm »

Hey,

Guys I was admiring Rolands knives, which I do often, but specifically these 2. I have a few knives of the same brand and I agree that this line is the best Camillus ever made. I sold one of the pearl ones I had. a celluloid handled pen jus like Rolands here, a buddy broke the backspring ( still baffles me ) but I have another pen I would like to show y’all! I traded for these 2 knives and would like to trade them myself so if anyone is interested let me know? I’m gonna have trouble getting decent pics from f my knives for the next few weeks fellas. I was not in one but 2 again 2 car accidents last weekend. My truck and the womans car are both totalled and I’m banged up pretty good, but i lost a German eye stockman ( 3 eye 4in closed with plain shield yellow handles) that was one of my favs.... I lost my phone as well. I loved that knife!
D814D8CB-6907-41D8-93DF-FFA09C65B8BF.jpeg
127BF10F-D1CA-4C6C-A95E-E6267C3BB5BE.jpeg
3240A4A7-4B41-40DB-A706-24E0E66FC96C.jpeg
D814D8CB-6907-41D8-93DF-FFA09C65B8BF.jpeg
Railroad Joe
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

The pearl is a Camillus knife made for Sears. "Sta-Sharp" was Sears top line of folding knives. Not actually a "Stainless Cutlery Co" knife but it is Stainless and made by Camillus likely about 10 years after the "Stainless Cutlery Co" knives.
kj
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

Dang, Joe. If it weren't for bad luck you wouldn't have any luck at all! Be careful out there. Is your family OK?

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
joefm

Post by joefm »

Hey ray,

Yes the girls are ok thank god! I was alone and had a buddy with me on the first one. How you been ray? I’m gonna post a few pen knives later that I would like to trade and ray I’m sending you a pm shortly. Thanks joe
Railroad Joe

Return to “Knives for Sale or Trade”