Case Tony Bose Designed Knives

Have knives or knife related items for sale or for trade? Premium subscribers are welcomed to post them here. Feel free to plug your AAPK knife store or eBay listings as well. Make sure to check out the items our club members have for sale if you are looking to buy.
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Case Tony Bose Designed Knives

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

My collection has grown well beyond what I ever thought or imagined years ago. Since joining AAPK my buying has gotten out of control so I am trying to take a small pause from buying and sell off some of the knives in my collection. I will be offering the Case TB 2 Blade Sway Back Jack in Stag, Red Bone 2 blade Sway back in Red Bone and an unusual Smooth natural bone laser engraved w/ past and present CCC logos, Only 700 made.
I will be offering Tear Drop Jacks
And small saddle horns, all designed by Tony Bose.
Here are the sway back jacks
I am putting these up for a few days so you guys and gals have the first chance at them before I move them to Ebay and the prices will be higher there.
I like good looking, classy knives and I think these all fit that description.
If you want to buy one of these, please send me a pm here. PayPal preferred but will consider other forms of payment. At these prices PayPal needs to be their “friends and family” or whatever it’s being called now.
Stag 2 blade Sway Back is 120, shipped.
The Red 2 Blade Sway Back is 110 sipped
The smooth white bone engraved 1 blade is 95
PM me if interested, whoever has the earliest time stamp will get it. There will be a total of 14 knives being offered.
Attachments
IMG_2496.jpeg
IMG_2498.jpeg
IMG_2502.jpeg
IMG_2504.jpeg
IMG_2508.jpeg
IMG_2510.jpeg
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Case Tony Bose Designed Knives

Here are the Tear Drop Jacks designed by Tony Bose that I have to offer.
This first one is my favorite it was a SFO for Shepherd Hills Cutlery, Barnboard jigged hunter green bone. Blade etch and silhouette Job Case. 75 shipped.
Next Olive Green Bone w/ etching on the bone handles celebrating the 125 years of Case’s history. Only 500 made
Next is a Damascus blade walnut peach see jigged bone handles also and SFO for Shepherd Hills Cutlery, 1 blade. Price 85 shipped.
Next is an olive green w/ tortoise shell jigged bone handles. 2 blades very nice looking. Price 85
Last is a limited edition of just 460 knives made for the CCC in 2018 Red bone handles, Christmas etching on the blade, with a green CCC shield, price 75 shipped.
Pm if interested. PayPal preferred.
All knives have original box, or tin, paperwork and some have COA that came from the CCC.
More tomorrow, Tony Bose Saddlehorns
Thanks for looking.
Attachments
IMG_2513.jpeg
IMG_2515.jpeg
IMG_2519.jpeg
IMG_2521.jpeg
IMG_2525.jpeg
IMG_2527.jpeg
IMG_2530.jpeg
IMG_2532.jpeg
IMG_2535.jpeg
IMG_2537.jpeg
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Mark, your first knife is marked "T.B.52117". The "T.B." is for Tony Bose but i do not think this is one of the annual Case/Bose collaboration knives.
Does Case mark all Bose designed patterns with "T.B." whether collaboration or regular run ?
kj
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

kootenay joe wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:15 am Mark, your first knife is marked "T.B.52117". The "T.B." is for Tony Bose but i do not think this is one of the annual Case/Bose collaboration knives.
Does Case mark all Bose designed patterns with "T.B." whether collaboration or regular run ?
kj
Yes they do. Could be a bit confusing and some on ebay sell the non collaboration knives like they are, not knowing the difference. All these are designed by him. I don’t call them collaboration knives so people won’t get the wrong impression and think that these are the more expensive collaboration knives, they are not. Just designed by Tony. Manufactured just like all the other Case knives.
Twilly2

Post by Twilly2 »

Hi Mark I just read your description of the difference between the Case/Bose Colaberasion knives and the Bose Designed and Case built knives.Witch I agree with you on everything but one thing. I don't really know much about these knives myself but I just happened to read an article few months back and it explains that yes the lower priced Case/knives are not on the same level as the Annual knives but that all the TB manufactured knives are much more consistent with Quality of Build and fit and finish as the raguler runs of Case knives that can fall a bit short from time to time. I just thought you might of been selling your knives a bit short in the last part of your description. Hope you don't mind me joining the conversation. Trevor. ✌
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

Twilly2 wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:06 pm Hi Mark I just read your description of the difference between the Case/Bose Colaberasion knives and the Bose Designed and Case built knives.Witch I agree with you on everything but one thing. I don't really know much about these knives myself but I just happened to read an article few months back and it explains that yes the lower priced Case/knives are not on the same level as the Annual knives but that all the TB manufactured knives are much more consistent with Quality of Build and fit and finish as the raguler runs of Case knives that can fall a bit short from time to time. I just thought you might of been selling your knives a bit short in the last part of your description. Hope you don't mind me joining the conversation. Trevor. ✌
Hi Trevor! I've read a lot of comments that agree with what you stated. I've always considered them a matter of opinion. I have to wonder if a representative from Case would claim that these are made to higher standards than their regular line of knives.

Was the article that you read written by someone at Case, by any chance?
Rick T.

"My knife money maketh itself wings!" mb>

Proud member of the Buck Collectors Club Inc.
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

I haven’t seen a defect in any of the Case TB designed knives I’ve owned, but I don’t see much difference in the fit and finish or much of anything else. These knives usually have a more pleasing esthetic w/ swedge on the blades and the designs are always a throw back to the older knives or yore. The design is definitely different than other Case knives. I have not read that article. Like Rick, it would be interesting to hear who wrote it and from someone in the know.
I would love to see what Tony would do w/ the venerable old Barlow. It would be interesting to see his changes.
When I bought that last Saddlehorn, which is a bare head w/ one blade in 2011, I talked to Tony for quite a long time waiting for the auction to take place. He asked to see the knives of the people who stopped and talked. He looked over my Kershaw Double Cross for a long time and studied it closely. You could just see the wheels turning in his mind making the changes mentally that he would do if he designed it.
I appreciate the information Trevor.
Twilly2

Post by Twilly2 »

Shoot I'm not sure exactly were I first read it but I know I heard pretty much the same thing in a post off BladeForums not long after. I'll try and see if I can narrow it down by checking my surch history. Thanks for the reply. 👊

Return to “Knives for Sale or Trade”