Vintage Stanley Handyman USA block plain...

Have knives or knife related items for sale or for trade? Premium subscribers are welcomed to post them here. Feel free to plug your AAPK knife store or eBay listings as well. Make sure to check out the items our club members have for sale if you are looking to buy.
WillyCamaro

Vintage Stanley Handyman USA block plain...

Post by WillyCamaro »

Up for grabs...

A vintage Stanly Handyman USA, block plain, model number C-247. In excellent, aged condition.

I know this is where you are supposed to buy/sell knives... But i'm thinking, in a way, that what wood planes are. A knife for wood, set into a metal/cast body... :D .

She's in excellent condition for the age, body and clamp look hardly used at all. The blade looks hardly used also.
But it sure didn't look it before... I purchased it from a auction sale, she was super dirty/grungy/rusty. I went to work cleaning/restoring her, she cleaned up wonderfully.

All hand cleaning, with vinegar and steel wool. The treated with a dry lube to stop surface rust from forming again. Lube is dry, cerflon based, so will not attack the wood/pre-stain it.

For what i payed for it, and the work/supplies into her, i'd like to get $25 for her.

$25 plus s&h (should be around $15-$20 shipping).

Thanks!
Attachments
DSCN3423.JPG
DSCN3424.JPG
DSCN3425.JPG
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34
KLJ77
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Vintage Stanley Handyman USA block plain...

Post by KLJ77 »

Okay, Willy...how in the heck do you tell it's a female plane? :lol:

I couldn't resist. You made 'her' look attractive and ready to paint the town. She ain't no plane Jane, that's for sure. ::facepalm::
LJ

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those that vote for a living."
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

::rotflol::

I'm also in the process of cleaning up her No.3 boyfriend... :D
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Well, her No.4 boyfriend is back from rehab. She really took him for a wild ride, lucky he came out as good as he did in the end...

:mrgreen:

Now to be serious,

It's of same vintage as the block plain, Made in USA TecoMaster 1414, in excellent, hardly used condition. He was in awfully grubby condition before i went to work cleaning him up. In excellent shape, with very nice patina. Blade has seen very little use, needs a regrinding/proper edge, looks almost full. The bed is in perfect condition, dead flat from what i can tell, with most of the factory original machining intact. No cracks/chips in the handle/nob, a little factory rough, needs finish sanding to make it perfect, but is perfectly useable as is. Much of the paint has pealed/chipped off, which you probably can guess why...
Blade angle rod is nice and tight, with a little surface ware across the top, but almost perfect.
Everything locks up nice and tight, with all adjustments working exactly as intended.
Asking $45 plus s&h for him, or $60 and s&h for them both.
Thanks!
Attachments
DSCN3451.JPG
DSCN3452.JPG
DSCN3453.JPG
DSCN3454.JPG
DSCN3455.JPG
DSCN3456.JPG
DSCN3457.JPG
Winston Churchill

WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Bump
Winston Churchill

WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Last bump for these 2 beauties.
Any of are resident woodworkers, need extra planes for your collection?
Winston Churchill

Return to “Knives for Sale or Trade”