For Sale: GEC Stag #56 Dog Leg Jack Knife

Have knives or knife related items for sale or for trade? Premium subscribers are welcomed to post them here. Feel free to plug your AAPK knife store or eBay listings as well. Make sure to check out the items our club members have for sale if you are looking to buy.
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: For Sale: GEC Stag #56 Dog Leg Jack Knife

Post by edge213 »

Umcknifeguy wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:05 am Beautiful knife. Probably many others like me can't justify spending $425 on a knife that originally sold for around $100
::tu:: ::tu::
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
Umcknifeguy

Post by Umcknifeguy »

Joe,. Sad but true what you say about someone getting a deal on it and turn around and flip it. Seems not many knife collectors around anymore, mostly knife sellers.
Sometimes nothing can be a real cool hand.
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Umcknifeguy wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:49 pm Joe,. Sad but true what you say about someone getting a deal on it and turn around and flip it. Seems not many knife collectors around anymore, mostly knife sellers.
Yes, so i will just wait until someone comes along who finds this knife really speaks to them and sends me a decent offer.
I really like this knife so i am happy to keep owning it until that day arrives.
kj
Campbellclanman

Post by Campbellclanman »

What a rotten thing to do to Rolands for sale thread.
Take your price griping - or trolling to a specific thread or start one up, everyone knows how GEC knives sell for what a buyer wants to pay.

Not one of the negative view people here would walk past a knife in a show knowing they could make a bit or a lot of money on a resale later on. That’s how we can help support our habit and everyone of you has made a good profit on a knife at some time.

Roland did not buy this knife last week with a knife that instantly sold out, and then try to sell it next week for double or triple - THAT is called flipping - Look at the Knife! this knife is a 2010 Knife!!!!!

Talking about what this knife was bought for 11 years ago is unrealistic and has no basis.

If you want to come back to me - please do not troll Rolands thread any more and pm me - I will be only too glad to answer you.

In the mean time I will pop by your House that you bought 10 years ago or your Z28 Camaro and pay you what you bought it for 10 years ago - even give you 10% to 15 % more possibly.
cudgee

Post by cudgee »

kootenay joe wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:37 pm
Umcknifeguy wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:49 pm Joe,. Sad but true what you say about someone getting a deal on it and turn around and flip it. Seems not many knife collectors around anymore, mostly knife sellers.
Yes, so i will just wait until someone comes along who finds this knife really speaks to them and sends me a decent offer.
I really like this knife so i am happy to keep owning it until that day arrives.
kj
It is like playing cards, you just have to sit sometimes. Hold your ground, it is a beautiful piece of cutlery and someone will see it and want it, and you can negotiate a deal that is acceptable price to both parties. ::tu:: Have a good weekend. :)
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Campbellclanman wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:08 pm What a rotten thing to do to Rolands for sale thread.
Take your price griping - or trolling to a specific thread or start one up, everyone knows how GEC knives sell for what a buyer wants to pay.

Not one of the negative view people here would walk past a knife in a show knowing they could make a bit or a lot of money on a resale later on. That’s how we can help support our habit and everyone of you has made a good profit on a knife at some time.

Roland did not buy this knife last week with a knife that instantly sold out, and then try to sell it next week for double or triple - THAT is called flipping - Look at the Knife! this knife is a 2010 Knife!!!!!

Talking about what this knife was bought for 11 years ago is unrealistic and has no basis.

If you want to come back to me - please do not troll Rolands thread any more and pm me - I will be only too glad to answer you.

In the mean time I will pop by your House that you bought 10 years ago or your Z28 Camaro and pay you what you bought it for 10 years ago - even give you 10% to 15 % more possibly.
Exactly mate!
I stand with Roland on this one.

The way the knife market has gone this past year, and GEC's in perticular; I can easily see it going for those kind of $$$.
Does it mean that I'm going to buy it for that kind of money; nope. But am I going to crank about it, something completely out of my control; nope.

Best of luck to you Kj, hopefully that right person comes along in a quick jiff. She's a sweet example, of an excellent pattern.
::tu::
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Your support is very kind and i really appreciate your kindness.
I do not mind people commenting on my relatively high asking price and i think it is o.k. to have the occasional 'chatty' thread in this "For Sale" forum.
If no one posted we would have nothing to read and that would be sad.
Feel free to send me an offer if this knife speaks to you.
kj
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Sold Pending Funds.
I expect deal will be completed on Aug 11 as i will be away until then.
kj
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

The problem with this knife was never the price. The price was in a range of credibility. The problem is that this forum is not where buyers go for premium knives. They go to the other BIG forum and to Ebay. I have posted knives here for sale that get no response; I could have posted them elsewhere and instantly sold them for an even higher price. Just the way it is- location, location, location, just like earthly real estate.
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

tongueriver wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 2:21 pm The problem with this knife was never the price. The price was in a range of credibility. The problem is that this forum is not where buyers go for premium knives. They go to the other BIG forum and to Ebay. I have posted knives here for sale that get no response; I could have posted them elsewhere and instantly sold them for an even higher price. Just the way it is- location, location, location, just like earthly real estate.
My thought exactly. From what I've observed (and experienced) re selling GEC knives on the secondary market, there's absolutely no reason to believe that knife wouldn't fetch Roland's asking price (and very likely even more) if it were advertised in certain other locations. Personally, I think eBay is where he will find the demographic willing and able to pay top dollar (for any knife really, but especially the OP GEC knife in question).

Since Roland has stated that he doesn't sell on eBay, perhaps he could enlist the assistance of a proxy seller who would be willing to help him (which I think he could easily find among his many friends here on AAPK). It's something to consider, at any rate. ::hmm::
We are all just prisoners here of our own device.
In the master's chamber they gather for the feast.
They stab it with their steely knives but they just can't kill the beast.
(Eagles: Hotel California)

~Q~
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

If someone had one of these, would you sell it for 46¢??? If so, please PM me first. ::super_happy::
Attachments
Chris Wolf Sears 1905 - 1910 catalog (1).jpg
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

1967redrider wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 3:30 pm If someone had one of these, would you sell it for 46¢??? If so, please PM me first.
Point well made. And if anyone is selling a factory-fresh 51OT for $33.95, please PM me first!

Good luck with the sale, Roland!
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
Case taste, Rough Ryder budget
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

kootenay joe wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 2:25 pm Sold Pending Funds.
I expect deal will be completed on Aug 11 as i will be away until then.
kj
Soooo.....don't keep us in suspense; did the sale go through or is it still up for grabs? ::undecided::
We are all just prisoners here of our own device.
In the master's chamber they gather for the feast.
They stab it with their steely knives but they just can't kill the beast.
(Eagles: Hotel California)

~Q~
berlinboy

Post by berlinboy »

I have it from a reliable source that the sale went through and the new owner is 😁 thrilled
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Yes, it is sold and packed up ready to take to P.O. Monday morning.
I have been away packing up odds and ends from 42 years of trying to be a 'back to the land' type person. I sold my 90 acres with nice log house, gardens, orchard, etc. and enough spring water coming from the Purcell Wilderness back country to supply a town of a few thousand people, for enough money to buy an average older house in town. Very few people can appreciate real wilderness and pure water.
This has been a great thread, lots of interesting posts. Thanks to all who posted. The "For Sale" forum does not have to be 'all business'.
thank you all and i am sure the new owner will really be pleased with this knife.
kj
eveled

Post by eveled »

I hope you reserved the right to go back for a glass of that cold spring water once in a while.

Nice knife. Congratulations to the new owner.
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

eveled wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 1:08 pm I hope you reserved the right to go back for a glass of that cold spring water once in a while.

The best is to go up to the water box which is right where one of the springs comes out of the ground and kneel down and put my face to the water and suck in the cold clean sparkling water. It gives you a refreshed invigorated feeling that is not present in city tap water.
kj
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

kootenay joe wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 3:56 pm
eveled wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 1:08 pm I hope you reserved the right to go back for a glass of that cold spring water once in a while.

The best is to go up to the water box which is right where one of the springs comes out of the ground and kneel down and put my face to the water and suck in the cold clean sparkling water. It gives you a refreshed invigorated feeling that is not present in city tap water.
kj

I think that's why my great-grandfather chose the farmland he did back in 1904- awesome spring water. In the 1960's, City water was added but my dad would only drink the spring water. We can still switch either on or off at the farm house, or run City water to the barn during times of drought, which has happened in years past. We had goldfish in a 200 gallon watering trough for the cows and the City water killed them all back then. We still have one goldfish in a trough not connected to City water. That trough is fed right out of the ground and has a constant flow the size of a pencil regardless of drought. It is fed from drainpipe with holes in it buried in gravel 6' deep with dirt on top.
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter

Return to “Knives for Sale or Trade”