Great Eastern & Northwoods Ivory

Have knives or knife related items for sale or for trade? Premium subscribers are welcomed to post them here. Feel free to plug your AAPK knife store or eBay listings as well. Make sure to check out the items our club members have for sale if you are looking to buy.
Buckibbq
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Great Eastern & Northwoods Ivory

Post by Buckibbq »

I’m looking for Great Eastern and Northwoods Elephant and Mammoth Ivory handled knives. I’ve got $$$ and a variety of trades. Any leads in helping to add any of these fine specimens would be greatly appreciated. At the top of my wish list is a GEC 351217 Churchill in Elephant Ivory, but will certainly look at all others.
I’m a long time collector in search of rare and limited GEC AND Northwoods knives. Always looking to add ivory pieces to my collection. PM to discuss sales or trades, please!
kootenay joe

Re: Great Eastern & Northwoods Ivory

Post by kootenay joe »

There are some Northwoods and some GEC knives that have been re-handled with ivory or mammoth. These knives are not as valuable as those with original ivory or mammoth handles. Be sure to ask the seller if the knife for sale has the original handles. Re-handled knives can be just as attractive but the price should be lower than an all original example.
kj
Buckibbq
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Buckibbq »

kootenay joe wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:14 pm There are some Northwoods and some GEC knives that have been re-handled with ivory or mammoth. These knives are not as valuable as those with original ivory or mammoth handles. Be sure to ask the seller if the knife for sale has the original handles. Re-handled knives can be just as attractive but the price should be lower than an all original example.
kj
Thanks for the insight, Roland...yes, I’m aware of the re-handled game. I’m only interested in original pieces that came from GEC with the EI or MI. That’s one of the downfalls of both the GEC and Northwoods tang marking system. Neither of them include any indicator of original factory handle material. At least with WR Case and several other older companies, you could at least narrow it down to bone, stag, wood, pearl, etc.
I’m a long time collector in search of rare and limited GEC AND Northwoods knives. Always looking to add ivory pieces to my collection. PM to discuss sales or trades, please!
Buckibbq
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Buckibbq »

I meant for my original post to be in the “Wanted” thread, but I somehow screwed that up. Sorry, folks...
But I do have one Elephant Ivory piece that I would trade for a mammoth or other ivory knife as I’m not particularly attached to this model. I’m open to looking at equitable trades for this GEC 61. Message me for more pics.
82B21089-6D62-4121-A759-9E869DDE1C44.jpeg
Buckibbq
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Buckibbq »

The GEC ivory Churchill 351217 has been located. Now looking for others including these three in no particular order:
#452212 Interior Elephant Ivory
#792312LP Light Interior Mammoth
#661212 Teamster Jack Elephant Ivory

Return to “Knives for Sale or Trade”