Vintage Half Trappers

Have knives or knife related items for sale or for trade? Premium subscribers are welcomed to post them here. Feel free to plug your AAPK knife store or eBay listings as well. Make sure to check out the items our club members have for sale if you are looking to buy.
galvanic1882
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Vintage Half Trappers

Post by galvanic1882 »

I have 2 Vintage half trappers for sale first is a Shapleigh Hdw. Diamond Edge bone handled trapper. Knife is 3 7?8" closed. Both blades snap opening and closing. Great peach seed bone. Small piece of bone flaked off back side at center pin. SPF

Second knife is an unmarked half Trapper with picture celluloid handles. 4" closed and both blades snap opening and closing. Cute pictures of what I believe are young girls in attire that looks to be 1920 or 30's? Not sure though. Asking 55.00 Now 45

Both knife prices are shipping included anywhere in the CONUS first class through the USPS. Payment is F&F through paypal.

Please email me at galvanic1882@yahoo.com if interested. Thanks Mike
Attachments
IMG_2389.jpg
IMG_2390.jpg
IMG_2391.jpg
IMG_2392.jpg
IMG_2396.jpg
IMG_2397.jpg
IMG_2394.jpg
IMG_2395.jpg
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Vintage Half Trappers

Post by treefarmer »

Mike,
Got a question concerning the name half trapper? Does the name come from the knife having a pen blade in place of the full spay blade or is there more to it? The older Case 6207 had a short blade and now they have a full length spay they were once a "dogleg jack" now a "mini-trapper".
Can't exactly say, "inquiring minds want to know" but an ol' man would like to know? :)
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
galvanic1882
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by galvanic1882 »

treefarmer wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:04 pm Mike,
Got a question concerning the name half trapper? Does the name come from the knife having a pen blade in place of the full spay blade or is there more to it? The older Case 6207 had a short blade and now they have a full length spay they were once a "dogleg jack" now a "mini-trapper".
Can't exactly say, "inquiring minds want to know" but an ol' man would like to know? :)
Treefarmer
Well from one ol' man to another lol, I heard them called that many years ago at a knife show and I guess I always thought it sounded right. Yes because of the pen blade rather then the large spey blade. They ate serpentine jacks and the picture handled one should be a slim serpentine jack. I still like the term Half Trapper though.
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Thank you, Sir. ::handshake::
I 1st noticed the use of "half" in the name "half congress". I realized folks used that term to describe a 2 bladed congress as opposed to a 4 bladed knife.
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
galvanic1882
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by galvanic1882 »

Guess my prices are too high so let’s do, 100 for the DE and 45 for the picture handle
galvanic1882
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by galvanic1882 »

Diamond Edge is SOLD
galvanic1882
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by galvanic1882 »

Picture handled knife is SOLD
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Sorry I missed these, two great looking knives someone picked up. ::tu:: ::tu::
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter

Return to “Knives for Sale or Trade”