WILLING TO TRADE: 2021 AAPK GEC #86

Have knives or knife related items for sale or for trade? Premium subscribers are welcomed to post them here. Feel free to plug your AAPK knife store or eBay listings as well. Make sure to check out the items our club members have for sale if you are looking to buy.
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

WILLING TO TRADE: 2021 AAPK GEC #86

Post by QTCut5 »

I really like this knife but I'm not "married" to it and I know there are a number of people who really wanted to get one but were unable to. So, I'm willing to consider trade options (no cash offers, please...IT IS NOT FOR SALE, only for trade). Comes new in tube with COA.

PA290009.JPG
PA290014.JPG
PA290015.JPG

My ideal trade would be for a GEC Northfield #77 Single Wharncliffe Blade Barlow. Stag handle preferred but will consider other handle materials. Lightly carried, used & sharpened is OK as long as it's in good condition, i.e., no pitting, rust or handle cracks.

Like this one for example:
GEC 77 Stag.jpg

Other knives will be considered...particularly single Wharncliffe blade, 3½" - 4" closed length, gnarly stag, ivory or bone handle (nothing synthetic).

If you have a knife (or knives) that fits my criteria and would like to discuss a possible trade, send me a PM. :)
We are all just prisoners here of our own device.
In the master's chamber they gather for the feast.
They stab it with their steely knives but they just can't kill the beast.
(Eagles: Hotel California)

~Q~
danno50
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: WILLING TO TRADE: 2021 AAPK GEC #86

Post by danno50 »

I sent you a PM.
Dan
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

Thanks for the great offer, Dan...very difficult to turn down ::undecided:: ; but, the #86 is still available for trade. (I may be grasping at shadows and unrealistic illusions, but I'm still hoping to flush out a Wharncliffe #77 from one of the many GEC collectors on the forum.) ::suspense::

~Q~
jcfleming813930

Post by jcfleming813930 »

I have a few single Wharncliffe. Stag viper? 38? M&G? Any two or others....
Attachments
20211108_115118.jpg
20211108_114816.jpg
20211108_114212.jpg
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

jcfleming813930 wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:50 am I have a few single Wharncliffe. Stag viper? 38? M&G? Any two or others....
PM received and reply sent. ::suspense::
Mahalo, jc. ::tu::

~Q~
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

Just wanted to let everyone know that the trade for this knife has been completed with another AAPK member. Both parties are pleased with the trade result and neither felt taken advantage of or shortchanged in the deal, which makes it a successful trade in my book. ::tu:: ::handshake::

Thanks to all who submitted offers; most were very tempting and I know there was a lot of interest in this knife---it wasn't easy to decide. I wish I could have traded with everyone who wanted this knife, but unfortunately, I only had one 2021 AAPK GEC #86 to trade.

For the record, I realize that I could have made a significant profit by selling this knife; however, that was never my intent nor desire since I'm NOT a flipper (I abhor the practice of flipping ::disgust:: ). For me, trading knives is much more fun, interesting and satisfying than selling knives...even for a huge profit...and I am glad there are other collectors willing to play the "trading game" and who enjoy it as much as I do. There are a lot of great people on this forum and I feel privileged to be a member ::nod:: .

Mahalo, Aloha and Mele Kalikimaka. :D

~Q~

Return to “Knives for Sale or Trade”