Older Fixed Blade Hunting Knife...thoughts?

This forum is for discussing and sharing pictures of anything that relates to fixed blade knives.
Artifact65

Older Fixed Blade Hunting Knife...thoughts?

Post by Artifact65 »

Hey there, new member...thought I'd reach out and inquire and get an idea how old this knife would be, Its been in my wifes Family, possibly, her grandfather...
Did all I could to research the maker, Looks like a well made knife.
Pics included.
Attachments
knife 1 of 3.jpg
knife 2 of 3.jpg
knife 3 of 3.jpg
Old Hunter

Re: Older Fixed Blade Hunting Knife...thoughts?

Post by Old Hunter »

Don’t know anything about the particular brand but it appears to follow the Marbles style that was popular prior to WW-II. Lots of knife makers years ago in Solingen - some were workaday and some top of the line. Even the workaday Solingen knives are good for their design purpose. Nice to have a family heirloom in your hands. OH
Deep in the guts of most men is buried the involuntary response to the hunter's horn, a prickle of the nape hairs, an acceleration of the pulse, an atavistic memory of his fathers, who killed first with stone, and then with club...Robert Ruark
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Nice old bowie Art! ::tu:: Looks like a Marbles to me too! ::nod:: BTW, ::welcome:: to AAPK! ::handshake:: 8)
8)
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Krusius Brothers has a long history in the Cutlery business. According to info in Goins’ Encyclopedia of Cutlery Markings the company was founded in 1856 in Solingen Germany. Members of the family opened an import business in New York City around 1889. They continued to import knives from Germany. Goins’ shows the mark “Primrose” as dating to 1910 but gives no other info about it.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/

Return to “Fixed Blade Knives”