Three Schrade Bowies

This forum is for discussing and sharing pictures of anything that relates to fixed blade knives.
Gr8Scout

Three Schrade Bowies

Post by Gr8Scout »

From top down: The 'Texas' Bowie, with fancy engraving done by our own caveman. The Buffalo Bill Bowie. And the 171UH professional hunter. A slightly newer issue than those that tobyrogers uses as his avatar. The Sheath for that one is by Paul Long.
Phil
Attachments
the Schrade Bowies
the Schrade Bowies
the scrhade bowies.jpg (69.19 KiB) Viewed 2325 times
tobyrogers

Post by tobyrogers »

Here are mine.As you can see mine are users especially the BB166.I don't mind I like a knife with a story.Arnold
Attachments
PICT0052.JPG
PICT0052.JPG (79.51 KiB) Viewed 2309 times
relodr36

Post by relodr36 »

Gosh,those 171's are monsters !! :shock:
I don't know if this old fart is strong enough to carry one in the woods all day !!
Maybe I could get Paul to make me a sheath with wheels ! :mrgreen:
Wonder what they weigh on a good scale?
I've got a 2-line Buck General that I bought when I was young and I didn't carry it very long. We had a hillbilly from West Virginia come up to hunt bear with us in the early 60's and he had one. He had worked for a while at a farm that raised a zillion rabbits for meat,and he bragged about how many rabbits he could process with that knife between sharpenings.
Apparently,he only used it to cut off the head and feet and open the body cavity as all rabbits I've gotten could be peeled like an orange. Anyhow,he suckered this kid in and I bought one. ::td::
Ron
Gr8Scout

Post by Gr8Scout »

Ron! Are you still on the road? Good to see you here.

You asked about weight. Good question. From top to bottom on my pic, starting with the 'Texas Bowie"> 11.9 oz. The Buffalo Bill> 8.9 oz. The 171UH > 12.2 oz. All weights without sheath. Which is a mistake, I should have weighed them in their sheaths. Oh, well, average weight of sheath is 4 onces

Heavy Metal indeed.

Phil

ps... I'll have another fixed blade to show off tomorrow: The Buck Scimitar. Got one for the excellent price of $160... that is the fancy one with Chuck and CJ's signatures.

Return to “Fixed Blade Knives”