Show off your fixed blades!

This forum is for discussing and sharing pictures of anything that relates to fixed blade knives.
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Show off your fixed blades!

Post by 1967redrider »

I think the slightly scaled down dimensions make it a little more user friendly than the Case Bowie, which comes in at 14 1/4" overall. ::nod::
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

I very much like the appearance of your B&S Bowie. Looks very solid with nice clean lines. I think you will be very happy with this one.
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

1967redrider wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 12:24 pm I couldn't resist this deal-

https://redhillcutlery.com/product/remi ... wie-knife/

I have no affiliation with Red Hill Cutlery or Remington. Wondering who made these? 🤔 Utica? ::shrug::
:x Thanks a lot R.R. ::cuss:: Now after looking at this thread I just ordered a Bowie from redhillcutlery.com :x That was hard earned money 💵💵 that could have gone to buy 🍺🍻🍺 beer! :x Now it has been wasted on a knife ::dang:: Thanks for nothing! :x
Please visit my AAPK store: https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/ca ... er_id=2383

They say, “Hard work never hurt anyone”, but I'm still not willing to risk it.
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

GSPTOPDOG wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:38 pm
1967redrider wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 12:24 pm I couldn't resist this deal-

https://redhillcutlery.com/product/remi ... wie-knife/

I have no affiliation with Red Hill Cutlery or Remington. Wondering who made these? 🤔 Utica? ::shrug::
:x Thanks a lot R.R. ::cuss:: Now after looking at this thread I just ordered a Bowie from redhillcutlery.com :x That was hard earned money 💵💵 that could have gone to buy 🍺🍻🍺 beer! :x Now it has been wasted on a knife ::dang:: Thanks for nothing! :x

Hey, at least this time next year you'll probably still have the knife. But you don't buy beer, you just rent it. 😉🍻

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

1967redrider wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:01 pm. But you don't buy beer, you just rent it. 😉🍻
Very true. And I do get value added in my garden but we won't talk about that. Meanwhile, I am not sure my knives aren't rented also. It is a way of looking at it. They won't stay with me forever.
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

tongueriver wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:39 pm
1967redrider wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:01 pm. But you don't buy beer, you just rent it. 😉🍻
Very true. And I do get value added in my garden but we won't talk about that. Meanwhile, I am not sure my knives aren't rented also. It is a way of looking at it. They won't stay with me forever.

So true, tongue. We just hope to find someone who will appreciate them as much as we do. ::nod::

GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

1967redrider wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:01 pm
GSPTOPDOG wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:38 pm
1967redrider wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 12:24 pm
Hey, at least this time next year you'll probably still have the knife. But you don't buy beer, you just rent it. 😉🍻
Well, ::hmm:: you might be right...and I guess the worst news is that the rent🍺 keeps going up :x
Please visit my AAPK store: https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/ca ... er_id=2383

GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

tongueriver wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:39 pm
You are right T.R. ::hmm:: I think about what to do with the bulk of my collection someday... ::hmm:: as of now there is no one to pass it on to. All that work...(and fun :) ) putting it together... I guess it will dissipate and reform sort of like cloud vapor... ::hmm::

Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Guys! Here's a suggestion of what to do with your collections when the time comes. I also have no one to leave my knives to so I started thinking what would happen to them when they're discovered along with my cold dead body, and in my case the government would seize them and auction them off to help pay for my final expenses or to simply add the funds to their coffers. I like many have no lost love for my government so rather than help strengthen their position I came up with an alternative. I thought about who I know who would appreciate my collection as much as I do and ended up choosing a fellow AAPK member to "will" them to. I don't own much of value so I don't have a will or any other official papers with instructions for what to do with my belongings, so I've had a letter I wrote notarized with instructions on where my knives are to go, so when they go through my wallet they'll know what to do with them along with 2 full plastic buckets of sheaths. I would imagine the recipient will be responsible for the shipping which in itself won't be cheap cuz there are about 300 pieces and sheaths to be shipped, but the return they will get from their resale will make the shipping fees seem small. I made sure to choose someone who has an AAPK and/or Ebay store so they wouldn't just be burdened with a bunch more knives. I of course cleared my intentions with the benefactor of my collection to be sure they would want them and of course they had no objections and were extremely grateful. My approach here might seem very unconventional to some, but since I've lived my entire life by the seat of my pants and hand to mouth it works for me. Just a suggestion guys! 8)
8)
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

That is very interesting, generous and a viable option. I have $100K knives and no where to put it yet but I do have a few ideas. Rails to Trails, maybe, perhaps anything against the anti-democracy Trumpy nazis. Thinking about it.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

What's "Rails to Trails", T.R.? ::shrug:: Thx! 8)
8)
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Thanks for the link T.R., and that choice would definitely be a worthy one. ::tu:: 8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

It seems we have highjacked this thread in our last few posts, ::facepalm:: , sorry, but with 183 pages in it I doubt anyone will even notice! 8)
8)
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

tongueriver wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 12:22 am That is very interesting, generous and a viable option. I have $100K knives and no where to put it yet but I do have a few ideas. Rails to Trails, maybe, perhaps anything against the anti-democracy Trumpy nazis. Thinking about it.
"Anti-democracy trump nazis." I love it. Been looking for an appropriate moniker for that group. You nailed it. Great one.
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter
Sasquach
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Sasquach »

I usually don't get involved in political conversations on line but I can't help saying politicians on both sides of the aisle are interested only in increasing their power and wealth while exerting control over we the people. We're living in a society of two extremes and neither of them are worth a ratsass. Clowns to the left of me and jokers to the right, here I am stuck in the middle. There, now I'll step down off of the soap box and refrain from any further political comment.

Here's a new addition I just got from JamieinWV.
Attachments
Bear & Son small hunter.jpg
A GOOD KNIFE IS LIKE A GOOD FRIEND, IT'LL NEVER LET YOU DOWN.

“Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway.”
~ John Wayne ~

Charlie (Squach)
Ruffinogold

Post by Ruffinogold »

Here are my fixed . Most Ive had for many a year and a good number of those are older than I am ::tu::
Attachments
fixedblades.jpg
Sasquach
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Sasquach »

Ruffinogold wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 5:59 pm Here are my fixed . Most Ive had for many a year and a good number of those are older than I am ::tu::
Nice bunch of knives! ::tu:: Love the Sharpfinger, I'll bet they can all tell some stories.

~ John Wayne ~

Charlie (Squach)
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

I like how you have displayed the sheaths alongside the knives. I am curious how you attached your display to the wall.
ken98k
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by ken98k »

Gone2Three wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 3:25 am
1967redrider wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 2:28 am The Remington 700, RH-51, showed up today. 11 1/2" overall, 7 1/2" blade, full tang, stainless. The weight feels good in hand, well balanced.
That's a beauty John! I can hardly wait until I get mine, it's supposed to be here tomorrow

Randy
I was very disappointed when mine came. The handle is too short, even for my small hands.
I am the NRA.
Let's go Brandon!
Gone2Three
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Gone2Three »

ken98k wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 2:10 pm
Gone2Three wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 3:25 am
1967redrider wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 2:28 am The Remington 700, RH-51, showed up today. 11 1/2" overall, 7 1/2" blade, full tang, stainless. The weight feels good in hand, well balanced.
That's a beauty John! I can hardly wait until I get mine, it's supposed to be here tomorrow

Randy
I was very disappointed when mine came. The handle is too short, even for my small hands.
Well that's not good... sorry to say but at least you got your package. I had a hiccup with UPS ::uc:: knife shows delivered at 3:20 to front door on the day I was expecting, however it wasn't my door ::td::
Waiting for a resolution on the claim as we speak

Randy
Sasquach
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Sasquach »

Fixed blade fun...
Attachments
119 SP on the trail.jpg
AK 47 Bayonet.JPG
Arapajo on the winter trail.png
Bark River Journeyman.JPG
BR Fingerling trail shot II.jpg
Bushman on the wood pile.png
Case Rio Grande Camp Knife 1990.png
Ridgeback by the stream (2).png

~ John Wayne ~

Charlie (Squach)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Beautiful knives and scenery Charlie! Where in the world did you find the Cold Steel "San Mai" with stag covers(7th pic),it's gorgeous and the first I've seen with covers like those? ::shrug:: Thx! It might not be a Cold Steel product, but it sure looks like theirs. 8)
8)
Sasquach
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Sasquach »

Madmarco wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:26 pm Beautiful knives and scenery Charlie! Where in the world did you find the Cold Steel "San Mai" with stag covers(7th pic),it's gorgeous and the first I've seen with covers like those? ::shrug:: Thx! It might not be a Cold Steel product, but it sure looks like theirs. 8)
It's a 1990 Case XX Rio Grande camp knife. It's a large knife at 15" OAL.

~ John Wayne ~

Charlie (Squach)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Thanks for the info Charlie. Cold Steel makes a "San Mai" knife that has the identical blade that your knife has. Your stag covers are far more attractive then their cross-cut Kydex covers though. 8)
8)

Return to “Fixed Blade Knives”