I think they're breeding! A baby!

This forum is for discussing and sharing pictures of anything that relates to fixed blade knives.
zoogirl

I think they're breeding! A baby!

Post by zoogirl »

image.jpg
image.jpg
Ok, actually I picked up this little guy at the Vancouver Flea Market. It yelled at me. It was also only $4, so I took it home.
I suppose it's a fruit knife but somebody's put a lot of wear in it and the sheath. Looks like it was an EDC. I guess it's really no less useful than a "2 penknife, so maybe it was actually a regular pocketknife.
There are no markings on it. Haven't quite got it clean yet, but the magnifying glass isn't showing up anything. The back of the handle is split. I don't know what the material is perhaps 'French Ivory'? The guard and pins are brass.

It's a little cutie!
I’m too young to be this old!
“Hey Ann, gotchyer knife?!”
deo-pa
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: I think they're breeding! A baby!

Post by deo-pa »

I think what you have there zoogirl is a miniature fixed blade, popular in the 1950s-60s as a souvenir knife or as a child's first camping knife. Here is a collection of them. These aren't mine but are part of a collection I tried to buy but we never could get together on the price.

It's hard to see in the photo but I don't see the striations common to French ivory (a type of celluloid) so my guess is the handles are a more modern plastic.

Dennis
Attachments
Miniature Fixed Blades.jpg
zoogirl

Post by zoogirl »

The top of the sheath seems to have been ripped off on mine. You can see the rough edge. It looks like a match for the second from left, top row.
I would want that collection too! Drool...
There's nothing to show that it's been a souvenir, so boys knife it is!

The handle isn't modern plastic, I don't think. Might be celluloid.
kennedy knives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by kennedy knives »

My wife Collects Miniatures hope you don't mine me showing . There is a couple of the little fixed blades in there .
Attachments
Minauters  Canal Street Fixed Blades 009.JPG
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

kennedy knives wrote:My wife Collects Miniatures hope you don't mine me showing . There is a couple of the little fixed blades in there .
Mr. ::nod:: ::tu:: Kennedy, your wife has a sweet collection. I enjoyed looking.
kennedy knives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by kennedy knives »

doglegg wrote:
kennedy knives wrote:My wife Collects Miniatures hope you don't mine me showing . There is a couple of the little fixed blades in there .
Mr. ::nod:: ::tu:: Kennedy, your wife has a sweet collection. I enjoyed looking.
Thanks that's what see does when I do a Knife Show. Lot of Fun and she has expense taste some of them are quite pricey ::tu::
zoogirl

Post by zoogirl »

What a great collection! I have a few tiny folders too. I’ve run across a few of the shoes and boots. Don’t have one though. Tell her I’m impressed!

Return to “Fixed Blade Knives”