Taylor Eye Winess fixed.

This forum is for discussing and sharing pictures of anything that relates to fixed blade knives.
zoogirl

Taylor Eye Winess fixed.

Post by zoogirl »

I spotted this one a while ago at the swap and hemmed and hawed and hawed and hemmed on it. Then I mentioned it to my son Danny and he told me to go get it as part of his Christmas present. Good kid! My other son, Josh, drove me over and then they stashed it until Christmas, when I finally got it, wrapped. Good kids! ::tu::
Now comes the fun part - finding out about it. I know Taylor has been in business for over a century. I think they are pretty much down to folders and kitchenware now.
The kids did try to come up with a Goins for me, but it’s gonna have to wait for my birthday, which is only a month. So, here I am again, mining you fine fellows for info. Google is surprisingly unhelpful this time.
Our Gunsil is of the opinion that it’s ‘50s-‘70s. Seems likely. There’s a lot of wear on it and someone did nastiness to the edge of the blade. It was almost serrated. I’ve got it back fairly good just using a stone but there’s a ways to go. The leather washers are quite dry and a bit rough. Given the wear on the blades and pommel, I’m a little surprised it’s not smoother. It did come with a sheath that fits but it’s marked ‘made in Germany’ so I don’t think it’s the original.
So, my new baby! It fits into the family very well! I do like my smallish fixeds. The collection is growing. This is number seven - I know, I know - barely a collection! :oops: give me time! You should see my guitars and ukes!
6F5A30E6-2891-4A5E-ADE3-C6A8488566F2.jpeg
031C8695-1E6C-4EFB-A14F-33AC2D531968.jpeg
8E2BDE36-FAED-4C61-97C9-AF921CDAB0E5.jpeg
1487A7D0-6B3B-4D17-BB93-77A290417356.jpeg
I’m too young to be this old!
“Hey Ann, gotchyer knife?!”
jmh58

Re: Taylor Eye Winess fixed.

Post by jmh58 »

KOOL score there Red.. ::tu:: If it could only talk??!!
John :)
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
zoogirl

Re: Taylor Eye Winess fixed.

Post by zoogirl »

Ya know...they’re knives, after all...maybe it’s just as well if they keep quiet.

Especially the ones from downtown Vancouver! ::paranoid::
I’m too young to be this old!
“Hey Ann, gotchyer knife?!”

Return to “Fixed Blade Knives”