Fairburn Sykes

This forum is for discussing and sharing pictures of anything that relates to fixed blade knives.
RWB

Fairburn Sykes

Post by RWB »

J. Norwill & Sons marked knife. The bluing has been polished off blade as well as having what appears to be file scratches on blade. A heavy kahki paint on the grip?? Any ideas about this knife, is it the real deal??
Attachments
20190114_090825.jpg
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Fairburn Sykes

Post by jerryd6818 »

Welcome to AAPK.

Current NATO and UK issue. Made in Sheffield, England. My goto site for WWII F/S knives is ---► http://www.gotavapen.se/gota/artiklar/fs/fs_knife1.htm
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
RWB

Post by RWB »

jerryd6818 wrote:Welcome to AAPK.

Current NATO and UK issue. Made in Sheffield, England. My goto site for WWII F/S knives is ---► http://www.gotavapen.se/gota/artiklar/fs/fs_knife1.htm
Jerryd, I assume that this knife is not particularly collectable. Is that true, particularly because of the finish removal on the blade and the non original paint job on the grip?
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

I'm sorry. I can't speak to the collectability of the knife. Those issues you listed would in my mind, along with it being a post WWII knife, severely limit it's collector value. I think this is a question better answered by Iron Hoarder since he is more familiar with British knives. Or maybe not. ::shrug::
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012

Return to “Fixed Blade Knives”