is it a kinfolk?

This forum is for discussing and sharing pictures of anything that relates to fixed blade knives.
terryl308
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

is it a kinfolk?

Post by terryl308 »

A friend gave me some knives to work on for him, one being this ole fixed blade , jig bone , hunting knife with sheath. The bone handle on one side was missing half, so I put a new set of jig bone handles on it. My question is , is it a Kinfolks. I believe you can see a "K" on the pitted tang. The first two photos are before and the last two are after I put the new handles on it. thanks in advance. ::tu:: Terry
Attachments
DSC_2192.JPG
DSC_2199.JPG
DSC_2226.JPG
DSC_2227.JPG
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Gunsil

Re: is it a kinfolk?

Post by Gunsil »

Looks to me like the mark is KIN-FOE which is a harder to find Kinfolks mark. Good job on the handles.
terryl308
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by terryl308 »

thanks gunsil, sure could be Kin-Foe. ::tu:: Terry
terryl308
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by terryl308 »

Here are the bayonet regrind, and the Ka Bar with a new micarta spacer and the tin removed on it's sheath. :mrgreen: Terry
Attachments
DSC_2229.JPG
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Terry, I always enjoy seeing your work. ::tu:: ::tu::
Jaybird63xx

Post by Jaybird63xx »

Nice work on the jigged handle replacement. I have the same patterned fixed blade that is probably newer than yours that has the regular “Kinfolks” tang stamp with USA underneath and the K sweeps under the Logo to the S at the end and there’s a small “x” under the s. Everything else is the same as your knife except the tang stamp. I often wonder what era my knife comes from? Just curious.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Jaybird63xx wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 4:48 pm Nice work on the jigged handle replacement. I have the same patterned fixed blade that is probably newer than yours that has the regular “Kinfolks” tang stamp with USA underneath and the K sweeps under the Logo to the S at the end and there’s a small “x” under the s. Everything else is the same as your knife except the tang stamp. I often wonder what era my knife comes from? Just curious.
Just want to ::welcome:: you to AAPK JB! ::handshake:: Please post pictures of your knife! 8)
8)

Return to “Fixed Blade Knives”