Can someone help me idnetify this Case knife?

This forum is for discussing and sharing pictures of anything that relates to fixed blade knives.
jefflhjead

Can someone help me idnetify this Case knife?

Post by jefflhjead »

Hi all...I am new to the forum here and am in the process of going through an old knife collection I have had for years and liquidating most of them.

There are several that have me scratching my head. so I am going to be asking for input from you guys about them and hope you will have the time to help figure out just what it is in a few cases that I have.

So here goes.

The first is a Case fixe blade. I has a rubberized handle and there's a thermometer in the handle that shows both Fahrenheit and Centigrade temp. It also has a compass on the end of the handle.

The blade if about 6" long and it is sharpened on one side completely and that sharpness extend right around the tip and down the other side for maybe 3/4" or maybe an inch. At the end of that side there is about an inch or more of serrated blade.

The sheath is a case leather sheath with a puch. The pouch contains a whistle that is VERY loud. I bet you could hear it for mile if you really blew as loud as you can. There is also a whetstone in the pouch, what looks to be a good fifty feet or more of fishing line, and some other survival like items.

Here's a few of pictures:

The leather case sheath and 6" fixed knife, along with four of the items from the pouch on the sheath, some fishing line, a whistle, a whetstone/sharpener and a another item...that whiselt is loud! You could probably hear upwards of a mile away if you really blew it with all you had

The temperature gauge on the handle of the knife, with readouts for F and C.

The fixed blade near the handle, sharpened on one side and serrated on the other

The knife sheathed and the pouch full of its stuff.

The knife in the sheath and the poch closed.

The whistle.

The whetstone/sharpener.

The fishing line.

So...any ideas what case knife this is? How much it might be worth in really good/decent condition, though it has been used?
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Can someone help me idnetify this Case knife?

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Welcome to AAPK. That is a Case Outlander. Produced mid 1980’s, I think for only a year of two. A search here for “Outlander” will find several threads with info about it, like this one for example viewtopic.php?f=66&t=62431&p=738899&hil ... er#p737065

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
jefflhjead

Post by jefflhjead »

Thanks a lot.

I will look it up.

Mine has all of the items still in their bags, except I took the whetstone out so folks could see it.

Anyhow, perhaps because it is so rare I could go at it from a collectors standpoint on eBay of some other auction house.

I had never even heard of it and I appreciate you letting me know its name and showing me the one thread. I learned a little about it there and will look for more. Thanks!
Mossyoak56

Post by Mossyoak56 »

My dad gave me that exact knife for 8th grade grad many years ago. I still have it along with the tools in the sheath. My only regret it I broke the tip. Great knife!
KLJ77
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by KLJ77 »

That bag of fishing line almost looked like a... For emergency use, of course. ::paranoid:: :lol: Nice looking knife though.

Just realized I'm a year late on this conversation... ::facepalm::
LJ

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those that vote for a living."

Return to “Fixed Blade Knives”