Ol' Bear Knife

This forum is for discussing and sharing pictures of anything that relates to fixed blade knives.
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Ol' Bear Knife

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

My buddy Sundog bought a knife collection earlier in the week and we are going thru it to ID everything and check it over. There is this one item that we cannot find any info about and are wondering if anyone has seen this brand before. It is marked "Ol' Bear Knives MT" and the #0078. It appears to be a well made skinner and the sheath is a professionally made one with excellent workmanship. The back of the sheath is stamped "0078-91" Ol' Bear MT". Must have been made in 1991, and probably in Montana. Anyone know anything about this one?
IMG_3104.JPG
IMG_3105.JPG
IMG_3106.JPG
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
XX Case XX

Re: Ol' Bear Knife

Post by XX Case XX »

OLDE CUTLER wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:44 pm Anyone know anything about this one?
I did some searching on the internet, but my search was constantly "detoured" by another company from Italy called "Old Bear". I guess the search engines automatically refer back to the correct spelling. Anyway, I came up empty. Hope you can find something on that knife.

I work hard so my Dog can have a better life...
OLDE CUTLER
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by OLDE CUTLER »

I had the same thing happen, and have not been able to find out much of anything. The point was brought up to me that this was made in 1991, so this company or individual who made it may have been out of business before the Internet got to be so widespread. Still doesn't explain why no one ever heard of this maker. Some one in Montana may know something, but they are not talking.
"Sometimes even the blind chicken finds corn"
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

This might be worth a shot. There's a members list on one page of this site. Perhaps you can contact one of the members and see if they can provide any info.

http://montanaknifemakers.com/
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009

Return to “Fixed Blade Knives”