Held identifying a knife

This forum is for discussing and sharing pictures of anything that relates to fixed blade knives.
Jg11

Held identifying a knife

Post by Jg11 »

Curious if anyone could give me some more information on a case Bowie knife I have on the blade it says case 1835 and is engraved and colored in with a cowboy and two bourses and a mountain range behind them. Any info would be great thanks in advance!
Attachments
5FBF8AF0-1172-437C-891C-6EF6187594A4.jpeg
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Held identifying a knife

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Welcome to AAPK. The knife has a 1980 stamp if I'm not mistaken. Other than that I can't help but there are some folks here knowledgeable about fixed blades so maybe someone will be able to tell you more.

Case is another possibility - you can send them an email inquiry with pictures of the knife at consumer-relations@wrcase.com.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
Gumshoe

Post by Gumshoe »

It is in Jim Sargent's Book (6th Edition) on page 255, All that it says is "Bowie, stag, 1980 stamp, Wild West (cowboy), plaque, 14-3/8", $265."
Jg11

Post by Jg11 »

Ok thank you all for the information!
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

The "1835" stamp on the knife signifies the beginning of the Texas Revolution. Most historians consider the Battle of Gonzales which occurred October 2, 1835 to be the first military battle of the revolution.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/

Return to “Fixed Blade Knives”