Need Help Identifying Fixed Blade

This forum is for discussing and sharing pictures of anything that relates to fixed blade knives.
Chrisd703

Need Help Identifying Fixed Blade

Post by Chrisd703 »

Hi All,

I am in need of some help identifying this knife that I recently inherited. It's a very nice knife and has no marks at all.

Could be made by a guy in his basement honestly. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thank you

Chris
Attachments
FixedBlade.jpg
FixedBlade1.jpg
FixedBlade2.jpg
zzyzzogeton

Re: Need Help Identifying Fixed Blade

Post by zzyzzogeton »

It reminds me of some of the "kit knives" from the late 70s and early 80s. The layered greenish/brownish/orangey-redish layered handle reminds me of some of the knives I have seen that have a Pakistani heritage.

I could also be out in left field with no glove.
Reverand
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Reverand »

I agree that the multi-colored plywood handles look like cheap Pakistani wood, but the blade and guard look well-made from the pictures- not the poor shoddy fit that one expects from imports in that era.
If it was a kit knife, it was assembled very well!
Jesus is life.
Everything else is just a hobby.

~Reverand
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

There are literally thousands of fixed blade knife makers in USA now and since about 1970's. The majority make very good well finished knives. Many do not mark their knives.
The OP knife is a commonly seen pattern and could have been 100% made by a knife maker. Or blade might have been purchased and then turned into a finished knife. Or as said above, all parts could have been purchased and assembled to create this knife.
I don't think it is possible to know which of these 3 options it is.
There are many similar knives 'out there' so value is low, regardless of how well made it might be. True for all unmarked knives.
It's destiny is to get used.
kj
btrwtr
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by btrwtr »

Decent looking knife and as said it could be a total custom or a kit knife. Handles are a phenolic impregnated pakkawood type that were popular with both kit and custom knives in the 80's and 90's. I doubt it is a cheap import given the handle and guard fitting as well as the sheath.
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.

Wayne

Please visit My AAPK store https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/catalog/btrwtr
knife7knut

Post by knife7knut »

It looks a bit like a model made by the Olsen Knife Co. of Howard City Michigan.
Adventure BEFORE Dementia!
KLJ77
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by KLJ77 »

This type and style of knife looks like a Frost Cutlery Chipaway design, made in Pakistan. They usually stamp / etch their blades with 'Chipaway' and Frost Cutlery. However, if it's an ink stamp or etch, it could easily be removed, if one didn't want it on there. I've got a couple of them...for 'looks' only. I would not rely on them for survival if I was forced to move to the woods. ::td::

https://www.smkw.com/knives/fixed-blade ... origin=333
LJ

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those that vote for a living."

Return to “Fixed Blade Knives”