LT Wright Knives

This forum is for discussing and sharing pictures of anything that relates to fixed blade knives.
XX Case XX

LT Wright Knives

Post by XX Case XX »

Anyone here have experience with LT Wright Fixed Blades? It seems they're good quality, but I always see what I deem to be "sub-par" finishing on those knives, especially on the handle pins. If anyone has any thoughts on this I'd like to hear what you have to say.

I work hard so my Dog can have a better life...
jmh58

Re: LT Wright Knives

Post by jmh58 »

I own about a dozen.. Cant say enough good about them.. Don't know what you mean by sub-par finishing as ALL of my are perfect.. I would/do highly recommend any L.T. knife.. ::tu:: ::nod:: ::tu::
John :D
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
XX Case XX

Post by XX Case XX »

jmh58 wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:10 pm Don't know what you mean by sub-par finishing
Hi John:

Thanks for your response. When I say "sub-par" finishing, this is what I'm referring to. The visible ends of the pins in the handle look terrible. I can see gaps on the edges, but worst of all, the ends weren't "smoothed out". If you enlarge the photo, you can clearly see the grind marks, as well as an un-even section.

I'm sure his knives are excellent quality, but I also feel that if this particular knife is their "finished product" then they may need to re-visit the process. There's actually several of his knives I want. Hope I can get a few someday.

_________
Mike
Attachments
51431B19-9A7D-4FC6-974E-29BF13598307_1_201_a.jpeg
"If there are no Dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went". Will Rogers

I work hard so my Dog can have a better life...
ea42

Post by ea42 »

Mike, I don't think it's so much his finishing process as it is the makeup of those fasteners. They look like Loveless fasteners, which are basically two threaded heads (or thick threaded round nuts to be exact) with a threaded screw that, when tightened, clamps the heads in place and tightens the handles against the tang. What you're seeing is likely some gaps in the threads. Lots of folks call that a "smile". It's a known characteristic of the Loveless bolt.

Eric
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

ea42 wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:48 pm Mike, I don't think it's so much his finishing process as it is the makeup of those fasteners. They look like Loveless fasteners, which are basically two threaded heads (or thick threaded round nuts to be exact) with a threaded screw that, when tightened, clamps the heads in place and tightens the handles against the tang. What you're seeing is likely some gaps in the threads. Lots of folks call that a "smile". It's a known characteristic of the Loveless bolt.

Eric
Thank you for sharing that Eric. I've heard people talk about a "smile" but I never knew what they meant until now.
Rick T.

"My knife money maketh itself wings!" mb>

Proud member of the Buck Collectors Club Inc.

Return to “Fixed Blade Knives”