Another who made this? Damascus blade knife

This forum is for discussing and sharing pictures of anything that relates to fixed blade knives.
unclepaulie

Another who made this? Damascus blade knife

Post by unclepaulie »

Another box lot find... this time a small knife with a 2.25" damascus blade. Blade has a mark with what looks to be the number 8 with a vertical line thru it. Any ideas?
Attachments
IMG_1830.jpg
IMG_1832.jpg
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Another who made this? Damascus blade knife

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

Never seen that mark before. It looks well made. My first thought was Pakistan. But I looked closer at the pictures and it’s too well made to be from there. It could be a knife that, someone w/ some skill, built. The mark on the tang could just be their personal way of marking the blade. Can’t really narrow it down more than that.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
unclepaulie

Post by unclepaulie »

Sharpnshinyknives wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 1:53 am Never seen that mark before. It looks well made. My first thought was Pakistan. But I looked closer at the pictures and it’s too well made to be from there. It could be a knife that, someone w/ some skill, built. The mark on the tang could just be their personal way of marking the blade. Can’t really narrow it down more than that.
good morning and thank you. I agree with you, the knife looks to be well made and it also seems to be older as well. Was not able to find anything else with this marking except something about an 8 with the line thru it being a 'hobo' symbol.
eveled

Post by eveled »

My opinion? It’s just a random pattern in the Damascus. Anyone who made a knife that nice would make a much neater makers mark.
terryl308
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by terryl308 »

It does appear like it was formed in the Damascus when being made and forged. Kind of funny it does resemble my old 8th div army patch ( see my avatar) ::tu:: Terry
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Return to “Fixed Blade Knives”