Some of mine!

This forum is for discussing and sharing pictures of anything that relates to fixed blade knives.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Some of mine!

Post by Madmarco »

Thanks Sam! 8)
8)
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Photo 3:
and black+white buffalo horn/camel bone inserts for the handle.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Quick Steel wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:58 pm Photo 3:
and black+white buffalo horn/camel bone inserts for the handle.
Yes I understand which photo you mean, just don't know what you mean about "raising a question"? 8)
8)
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Just meant the big ricasso raised the question as to why. If it served any purpose.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

I got it now Garry, thanks. ::tu:: Thought you were referring to the b+w handles when in fact you were referring to the ricasso. I doubt it is relevant to anything, perhaps just one turned out too big, but rather than scrap it they slapped it on thinking no one would notice. Remember, just a $20 knife so quality control was likely shoddy! ::shrug:: 8)
8)
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

Thanks Marco. I think I am starting to see daggers in my sleep. :)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

::rotflol:: Sorry bout' that! I've only got about 9 daggers left to post, and I'll switch to folders after those! 8)
8)
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

I like those shorter daggers posted last. Very nice profile on those.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Thanks Mark, I thought you'd like em'! 8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

I have a big brother/little brother duo to post today guys, and these 2 are a bit unusual! They are non-folding fixed blade stilettos, and there are very few of them around, at least I have only ever seen these ones and 2 others, and I search knives all day everyday. One of the other ones I saw was a Latama build, and carried with it an asking price of US$500., and the seller got it! Latama is a famous auto knife producer, and some of their older models come with quite high prices due to them being very good knives and are no longer being built. Even the current models can fetch upwards of US$600. and more. The fixed blade Latama I mentioned above was much more attractive than the 2 I'm posting, and appeared to be unused, and I'm sure that helped dictate it's price. Now to mine! They are 9" and 11" respectively and sport SS bayonet blades, NS flat-guard bolsters, brass liners and pins, and jet-black ABS scales. The 9" is tang-stamped "O.M.O.R."(ROMO spelt backwards) "HK350" and "JAPAN", and the 11" is stamped "ROSCO" surrounded by a diamond, as well as "STAINLESS STEEL" and "JAPAN". Both these knives arrived in used condition, so I cleaned them up as much as possible, and I'm pleased with the results! They make great conversation pieces, as well as excellent letter-openers! I may have posted the smaller knife previously, and if that's the case, my apologies, I just wanted to post them together to show the different lengths! 8)
WIN_20200716_12_48_43_Pro.jpg
8)
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Mark, those are really nice. I hadn’t seen a fixed blade stiletto before. Those are pretty sweet.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Thanks Mark! I had the 9" for about 3 months, and then spotted the 11" at an online site, and having an addiction to sets of the same knife I had to order it, and I'm glad I did, the 2 look really good together! 8)
8)
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Yes, those 2 are mighty fine knives right there Marco ::tu:: .
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Thanks Willy! They feel really good in-hand too, nice n' hefty! 8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

I have another big/little brother combination today guys, and although inexpensive these are nifty little daggers! Some people refer to these as athames, which are used in magic and witchcraft rituals, but these were described as boot daggers. They carry a similar story as the previous 2 knives in that, I had the smaller knife for a few months before I spotted the larger one and ordered it. I'm sorry but I can't recall what brand they are, or, who made them, but they both have "Pakistan" in tiny letters etched on the rear blades. They are 7 1/2" and 9 1/2" respectively/SS full-tang duel-edged dagger blades, SS bolsters pommels and pins, and black+white pakkawood scales. These weigh-in at 4+6 oz.'s respectively, and both came with very nice black-leather sheaths/clips. The edges arrived relatively sharp, although, these too are stabbing knives not cutting knives. Perfect knives to have clipped inside your boot or waistband when in a boat or in the bush. These are my final duo of knives, with a few singles yet to come! 8)
WIN_20200717_11_22_50_Pro.jpg
8)
samb1955

Post by samb1955 »

Couple more nice ones!
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Thanks Sam! ::tu:: 8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

I have this interesting dagger to post today. It's an Mtech dagger that's 9 1/4" from tip-to-skull-crusher/SS duel-edged full-tang blade with integrated finger-guards and blood grooves on both sides, SS barb-wire accented scales held on with screws, and removeable skull-crusher. Has "Mtech USA" etched on the front blade, and "MT-20-53" as well as "STAINLESS STEEL" and "USA DESIGN"/"HANDCRAFTED IN CHINA" etched on the back blade. Weighs-in at about 6 oz.'s and came with the standard nylon sheath and relatively sharp edges. This knife has a comfortable feel when in-hand, and my thumb and 1st. finger snug right up to the guards when I'm gripping it, leaving the skull-crusher exposed. Nice manageable little dagger! 8)
WIN_20200718_10_19_36_Pro.jpg
8)
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

That's a really nice un' Mark, like it a lot ::tu:: .
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Thanks Willy! ::tu:: I found it a bit out of the ordinary, and that's why I liked it, and being under $20. couldn't go wrong! 8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Today I have this unusual dagger, in that, it has an actual scorpion stinger and all, frozen in polyethylene inlayed on the handle. It's 9"/SS duel-edged full-tang dagger blade, ABS scales secured with screws, and scorpion inlay. Weighs about 4 oz.'s., came with a nylon sheath, and both edges sharp. It has "designed by Tom Anderson/Master Cutlery" along with an "M" logo etched on the front blade, and, "440 Stainless/China" etched on the back blade. This knife is only 1/2" thick at the widest point on the handle, and fits my clenched fist like a glove. An inexpensive little conversation piece! 8)
WIN_20200719_11_58_27_Pro.jpg
8)
samb1955

Post by samb1955 »

Another nice one, I like them sharp!
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Hey thanks Sam! Just a fun little dagger! 8)
8)
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

That is certainly an interesting handle. I like the looks of that one too.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Thanks Mark! I only have a couple of daggers left, so I'll give you guys a break from them after that! 8)
8)

Return to “Fixed Blade Knives”