Some of mine!

This forum is for discussing and sharing pictures of anything that relates to fixed blade knives.
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: Some of mine!

Post by Quick Steel »

Marco, your collection just keeps on getting better and better. Congratulations on your focus. ::groove::
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Thanks so much Garry! I appreciate your encouraging comments! 8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

I haven't posted in this forum for awhile now because I've been concentrating on autos and folders, but I finally got this one today to complete my Cold Steel Tai-Pan set! It's very similar to the other 2 in that it's 13" oal and has SS hardware, but the difference comes with it's satin blade and hardware as opposed to the black blades on the other 2! I'm a sucker for sets! 8)
WIN_20211018_12_17_05_Pro.jpg
The Grivory model!
WIN_20211018_12_19_02_Pro.jpg
The SS satin model!
WIN_20211018_12_17_58_Pro.jpg
And the SS blacked-out model!
8)
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Niiiccceee!!! Those are SWEET!! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ”ช๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ‘
John ๐Ÿ˜Ž
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

The satin finish is my favorite since I would not be using it in any tactical sense. For an active operator of course a more subdued finish would be preferable.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

jmh58 wrote: โ†‘Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:59 am Niiiccceee!!! Those are SWEET!! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ”ช๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ‘
John ๐Ÿ˜Ž
Thanks John, ::handshake:: I appreciate your comments a bunch! 8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Quick Steel wrote: โ†‘Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:17 pm The satin finish is my favorite since I would not be using it in any tactical sense. For an active operator of course a more subdued finish would be preferable.
Me too Garry! ::nod:: I spotted the satin finish first about a year ago but they were ALWAYS sold out, so I settled on the Grivory model after watching a C/S abuse video. I kept watching them and all that was ever available were the blacked-out models, so I finally bought one. Still not satisfied I found a satin model recently and scooped it up. I'm in full agreement that I'd never want to ruin my satin knife, but would have no qualms about putting the black models through their paces. 8)
8)
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Madmarco wrote: โ†‘Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:06 pm
jmh58 wrote: โ†‘Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:59 am Niiiccceee!!! Those are SWEET!! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ”ช๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ‘
John ๐Ÿ˜Ž
Thanks John, ::handshake:: I appreciate your comments a bunch! 8)
๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ”ช๐Ÿ‘
John ๐Ÿค 

Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Wow, it's been awhile since I had a new fixed blade to show you guys, but I have one now so here it is! This knife came from Jamie from JamieinWV and was sent to me free of charge if I would assess and post a review on it, and since I've already done that I'm posting it with my fixxie collection too. This is a beautiful Phil Wilson designed Spyderco Bow River skinner and it's 8 1/4" oal with an 8Cr13MoV flat ground full tang trailing-point blade, SS pins and lanyard tube, and layered black/gray G-10 covers. Weighs-in at around 5 oz.'s and came professionally sharpened. The fit n' finish is beyond reproach. Since I can't get out to the bush for a field test I'm carrying it with me around the house opening boxes, cutting string, and slicing meat and so far it's performing like a champ! I've never much cared for the holes in Spyderco blades, but even though this knife has one it's very small and barely noticeable! Very handy little knife! Jamie is well aware of my desire for BIG knives so he sent along the HUGE 5 1/2" oal cleaver for some serious chopping in the kitchen! LOL! 8)
WIN_20220315_16_05_33_Pro.jpg
WIN_20220315_16_05_51_Pro.jpg
WIN_20220315_16_06_19_Pro.jpg
8)
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Madmarco wrote: โ†‘Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:09 am Wow, it's been awhile since I had a new fixed blade to show you guys, but I have one now so here it is! This knife came from Jamie from JamieinWV and was sent to me free of charge if I would assess and post a review on it, and since I've already done that I'm posting it with my fixxie collection too. This is a beautiful Phil Wilson designed Spyderco Bow River skinner and it's 8 1/4" oal with an 8Cr13MoV flat ground full tang trailing-point blade, SS pins and lanyard tube, and layered black/gray G-10 covers. Weighs-in at around 5 oz.'s and came professionally sharpened. The fit n' finish is beyond reproach. Since I can't get out to the bush for a field test I'm carrying it with me around the house opening boxes, cutting string, and slicing meat and so far it's performing like a champ! I've never much cared for the holes in Spyderco blades, but even though this knife has one it's very small and barely noticeable! Very handy little knife! Jamie is well aware of my desire for BIG knives so he sent along the HUGE 5 1/2" oal cleaver for some serious chopping in the kitchen! LOL! 8)WIN_20220315_16_05_33_Pro.jpgWIN_20220315_16_05_51_Pro.jpgWIN_20220315_16_06_19_Pro.jpg
Winner!! Winner!!! Congrats all around.. ::tu:: ::handshake:: ::tu::
John :D

Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Thanks John! ::handshake:: Pretty cool little cleaver, huh? 8)
8)
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Madmarco wrote: โ†‘Wed Mar 16, 2022 6:07 pm Thanks John! ::handshake:: Pretty cool little cleaver, huh? 8)
Yes it is Mark!! ๐Ÿ˜˜
John ๐Ÿ

Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

On March 6th/21 I made a post in this thread stating that I didn't know how I missed this knife but I went through all 7 pages TWICE just to be sure, and sure enough I had missed posting it! And then today I was reviewing the posts and came across the one from March 6th and again realized I hadn't posted this knife today, and the funny thing is they came together! I must be getting senile! ::shrug:: It's a Samuel C. Wragg Celebrated Cutlery 11" fixed blade with a SS dagger blade, NS ornate bolsters and pins, and well matched stag covers with black/red accenting. Has a very nice weight of about 8 oz.'s and both edges came surprisingly sharp. Displays a near perfect fit n' finish. United Cutlery model 709. How could I possibly have missed posting this knife??? ::shrug:: ::facepalm:: ::doh:: ::hmm:: :oops: ! 8)
WIN_20220503_21_10_50_Pro.jpg
8)
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Thats one BIG Honkin dagger Mark!!! ::nod:: ::woot:: ::tu::
John :D

Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

It's actually not as big as you'd think John! ::hmm:: It's 11" long but quite slim in your hand so it feels very good. I'm still puzzled about how I could have missed posting this dagger, I've had it for about a year already! ::shrug:: 8)
8)
JeffHughes

Post by JeffHughes »

Phew! That's a two hander for sure!
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

I think I got that one for you didnโ€™t I Mark? It sure looks familiar. I like that one. It is a well made knife, very solid.
SSk Mark โ€œFreedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.โ€ Ronald Reagan
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

JeffHughes wrote: โ†‘Thu Jun 09, 2022 6:42 pm Phew! That's a two hander for sure!
It's not as big as you'd think Jeff, ::hmm:: it actually feels just right in 1 hand! ::groove:: I'd also like to ::welcome:: you to AAPK! ::handshake:: 8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Sharpnshinyknives wrote: โ†‘Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:43 pm I think I got that one for you didnโ€™t I Mark? It sure looks familiar. I like that one. It is a well made knife, very solid.
You sure did Mark! It came along with the United Cutlery horse-head dagger with the black micarta covers that you also bought a copy of and listed in your store, as well as the 2 folding daggers, the one with the grey ringed micarta covers and the one with green composite covers and aluminum body, both coming from eprague. The pictured Sam Wragg is definitely a solid well built dagger that I currently see selling for upwards of US$200., so the price I paid for mine was super! Thanks for the compliment buddy! ::handshake:: 8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Wow, it's been a year and a week since I last posted in this thread but that changes now!
I recently received this very nice Schrade SCHF1 1-piece boot dagger that I've long admired, and it features an SAE-1070 High Carbon handle and dual-edged spear-point blade that has a fuller on each side, cross-cut textured handle for better grip, removeable pommel with storage in the handle, and a teeny-weeny brass glass-breaker tip.
Much to my liking it weighs 9.5 oz.'s and came with both edges sharp. It also displays a flawless fit and finish.
A high quality Polymer locking sheath was included.
This knife brings back memories of carrying a knife on a daily basis instead of just accumulating them like I do now!
I'd say it could be carried at all times and would be very handy overcoming any cutting, slashing, stabbing situations one might find themselves in! I like this one!
8)
WIN_20221212_14_58_12_Pro.jpg
WIN_20221212_14_59_34_Pro.jpg
8)
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

That is a strong, serious looking piece. Impressive.
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

It is exactly that, Garry, thanks.
One piece and solid as the day is long.
I kindda like this knife.
8)
8)
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

That is a nice knife Mark. Iโ€™d have a hard time not throwing it and sticking it in a tree. It looks perfect for that.
SSk Mark โ€œFreedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.โ€ Ronald Reagan
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

Thanks, Mark.
With this knife I believe you could throw it at trees all day long making it stick every time and not beak it.
It's very comfortable just holding it in my hand, it's smoothness has a soothing effect.
It's a pleasure buying a fixed blade knife since I haven't bought one in quite some time.
My new knife has created some controversy in the "Schrade Forum", I need to go check on that now!
8)
8)
Madmarco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Madmarco »

This makes 2 posts in a row for fixed blade knives, must be some kindda record for me! ::hmm::
This is an 8" oal Cold Steel "Spike" neck knife with a German 4116 steel drop-point blade that I settled on after not being able to find one with a Tanto blade due to them always being sold out, a Griv-Ex handle, and a Secure-Ex sheath was included.
Fairly light at only 2.3 oz.'s but the fit and finish is excellent.
An O.K. knife but not what I was expecting, especially after paying it's inflated price! :x
Please try to ignore my terrible pictures! ::facepalm::
8)
WIN_20221222_19_15_01_Pro.jpg
WIN_20221222_19_15_14_Pro.jpg
8)

Return to โ€œFixed Blade Knivesโ€