Who Made This?

This forum is for discussing and sharing pictures of anything that relates to fixed blade knives.
just bob

Who Made This?

Post by just bob »

Fresh from an estate sale with no markings on any kind. About 9 1/4" long with stack leather handle, aluminum pommel, fish scaler on back of blade and cap lifter on front side. I'm assuming American?
Attachments
a 1.JPG
a 2.JPG
“The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.” (Paulo Coelho)

Men make plans and God laughs

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
Gunsil

Re: Who Made This?

Post by Gunsil »

It has the look of a knife made by Cardinal Cutlery Co in the 1950s. Sometimes they put their mark on the front of the guard, have you looked there? Sometimes they are blade marked, and I have seen some unmarked except for the BSA logo as they made some for the BSA and GSA in the 50s.
just bob

Post by just bob »

Thank you for taking the time to post that information. I did get the knife out and it is not marked on the guard. Also looked on the net for images of knives made by Cardinal Cutlery and didn't find anything that matches it. It may have had a blade etch that is long gone? The only other fixed blade knife I ran across with a cap lifter made into the blade was made by Pal. It was clearly marked and not the same as this knife at all.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.
btrwtr
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by btrwtr »

I agree with Gene. Quite cerain this is a Cardinal brand knife.
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.

Wayne

Please visit My AAPK store https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/catalog/btrwtr
just bob

Post by just bob »

Thank you. I think I can speak for all members and say that the rest of are very appreciative of knowledgeable people that take the time to answer questions.

doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

::nod:: ::nod:: ::nod::
just bob wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:37 pm Thank you. I think I can speak for all members and say that the rest of are very appreciative of knowledgeable people that take the time to answer questions.
ea42

Post by ea42 »

Bob, here's a previous thread with a Cardinal knife that looks similar to yours (minus the bottle opener). Shows where the guard is stamped:

viewtopic.php?t=16009

Eric
Gunsil

Post by Gunsil »

One just came up on ebay a couple days ago, same knife but with the maker (Cardinal) on the guard.
just bob

Post by just bob »

Thank all of you that posted in this thread.

Return to “Fixed Blade Knives”