BELKNAP/LOUISVILLE model D-BG12

This forum is for discussing and sharing pictures of anything that relates to fixed blade knives.
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

BELKNAP/LOUISVILLE model D-BG12

Post by orvet »

BELKNAP/LOUISVILLE fixed blade D-BG12. I picked this up a month or so ago at a flea market I know that Belknap hardware used the Louisville Kentucky location from 1965 to 1985. That's about all I can tell you about this knife. It could possibly have been made by Schrade or by Boker, I know they were both big suppliers for Belknap Hardware.

This is actually the first Belknap stamped fixed blade I have seen. Does anybody have any more information on them? Can anyone confirm the company you manufactured it for Belknap?

Thanks in advance for your help,
Dale
Attachments
Belknap Hardware a.jpg
Belknap Hardware b.jpg
Belknap Hardware c.jpg
Belknap Hardware d.jpg
Belknap Hardware h.jpg
Belknap Hardware i.jpg
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
knife7knut

Re: BELKNAP/LOUISVILLE model D-BG12

Post by knife7knut »

Checked a couple of my smaller fixed blade knives and came across and unmarked model that has the correct spacer coloring and pattern but has a flat ground blade. Another one I found has the proper blade shape and the identical sheath but the spacers are different. That one is a Kinfolks model 333. Here are pics of both of them.
Attachments
UnmarkedMiniHunter1 2018.JPG
Kinfolks330-4Knife2019-1.JPG
Adventure BEFORE Dementia!
clockman

Re: BELKNAP/LOUISVILLE model D-BG12

Post by clockman »

Hi sir, I also believe your knife was made by kinfolks. I have a BG 12 model with yellow translucent handles. Also kinfolks used a lot of aluminum guards on their contract knives. Also my sheath is identical to yours. best regards, Randy

Return to “Fixed Blade Knives”