Puli Knives ?

This forum is for discussing and sharing pictures of anything that relates to fixed blade knives.
Legend

Puli Knives ?

Post by Legend »

Hello All ,
I am looking at buying a decent quality small fixed blade skinner / Hunting knife with stag or horn handle around 7 3/4" overall length . I came across a company based in Hungary called " Puli Knives " and they have exactly what I Am after in their B2 Stag model . The only problem is I hav,nt really heard a great deal about them and would like to ask if any forum members have bought one of these Puli knives and if so , how do you rate them ?
thanks .
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Puli Knives ?

Post by edge213 »

Hopefully someone can help. I've never heard of them.
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Legend wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:43 pm Hello All ,
I am looking at buying a decent quality small fixed blade skinner / Hunting knife with stag or horn handle around 7 3/4" overall length . I came across a company based in Hungary called " Puli Knives " and they have exactly what I Am after in their B2 Stag model . The only problem is I hav,nt really heard a great deal about them and would like to ask if any forum members have bought one of these Puli knives and if so , how do you rate them ?
thanks .
I too have not heard of "Puli" knives. But all this means is that they are not imported into North America.
I have bought a few custom knives from makers in 'Eastern European' countries and their workmanship and design is world class. There is a good chance that Puli makes excellent knives.
I suggest you buy this knife that speaks to you and then report back here and let us know about the quality and if you are pleased.
kj
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

kootenay joe wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:31 am I too have not heard of "Puli" knives.
Nor had I, though I'd heard if a breed of dog called a Puli. They look like swabs with feet.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puli_dog

I did find a couple of sources for Puli knives:

https://www.moonrakerknives.co.uk/shop/ ... /puli-4-5- (this one is ~$220 US)

http://www.porta-hun.eu/index.php?langu ... ml&cPath=2

I have no experience with either merchant or with Puli knives, so those links are presented solely for informative purposes. But if they are handmade to good quality standards, Puli knives seem quite reasonably priced.
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
Case taste, Rough Ryder budget
Legend

Post by Legend »

Thanks for your replies Guys , and I would agree that there are some quality knives being produced by our friends in Eastern Europe especially Hungary for some reason . I also believe that the Puli dog originates from Hungary . Anyway those Puli stag horn knives look like decent quality by the photos and the guy who makes them is in both the Hungarian and German Bladesmiths societies which qualifies him as a decent maker in my eyes . I am right on the verge of pulling the trigger and will let you all know if I do and what the quality and build are actually like .

Return to “Fixed Blade Knives”